is WvW infusions worth getting?

Ausar.9542

I think they are worth it.. they add extra stats and they work in pve and wvw (not sure about pvp as i don't play that). The bonus only works in wvw, so in fractals they are not so useful (no agony resistance). And they don't have any visual effect, so you are not forced to look like a clown (i think that is a HUGE plus).

PS: you don't need to pay with tickets... you can also buy them with laurels (5) and badges of honor (125). Save those tickets for legendary armor, backpack and/or rings...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mighty_WvW_Infusion

Edited by GODh.3892
added PS
  • Like 7

the receipe where u pay 5 laurels and 125 badges is imo extremly cheap and worth it.

normally u only would get the power or healing ones... but thats for the largescale builds. idk what roamerstuff runs (bc u named "precision" one - i own like 30 power ones, 20 healing ones but nothing else outside of maybe a toughness one [across all characters and 3 accounts]  lol.)

so, tl;dr: i personally don't own a lot of infusions, but a ton of the wvw ones. and they have (small but w/e) extra effects for wvw besides 😛

Edited by kamikharzeeh.8016
  • Like 2

It's pretty low priority but it does make camp and tower clearing easier, so you should use it if you play a lot of wvw. Also the stat boosts will be good in pve as well outside of fractals.

It does benefit power builds more as the +x% to guards only applies to direct damage.

It also depends on your build. Full infusions give you 90 stats. So let's say you have 2500 power. 90/2500 = 3.6% so it does add up. If you have less power than this, it's a bigger deal. (Although you also want to factor might in)

You should use laurels if you want to get legendary armor as using tickets would slow you down.

If you don't care, then you may want to look at the numbers.

https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/laurels

https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/badges-of-honor

Compare it against the memories of battle you would have to spend if you buy via tickets

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2

The stat boost from a full set (+90 if you stack one stat) is about equivalent to eating food (which usually gives +100 main stat / +70 secondary stat). You eat food, don't you?

You don't have to rush them, but as long as your character isn't doing Fractals (where you need AR), this is by far the most cost-effective way to get that extra +90 that you can use in both WvW and PvE.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, ASP.8093 said:

The stat boost from a full set (+90 if you stack one stat) is about equivalent to eating food (which usually gives +100 main stat / +70 secondary stat). You eat food, don't you?

You don't have to rush them, but as long as your character isn't doing Fractals (where you need AR), this is by far the most cost-effective way to get that extra +90 that you can use in both WvW and PvE.

This is likely not the most cost effective way to get stats.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Justine.6351 said:

• You get laurels for free.

• Those little WvW coin things are plentiful and basically worthless.

(Don't spend skirmish tickets.)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

Not to get stats in general.  I would agree.

However, there is nothing else for WvW that you can put in those slots, and, considering the ‘best’ return on laurel investment is around 50-60 silver per laurel, and the badges build up quickly (and you can turn them into some coin) the infusions are a nice topping to your stats without spending actual gold on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The more you have the better as it all stacks up.

Using all the small % boosts like infusions, food, boons, effects of runes, sigils and traits is what will give you an advantage over the ones who live their minimal lifestyle and always only do the necessity in life.

As they are usually the ones who lose their fights cause they are lazy in spending some gold, lazy in learning their builds and think they dont have to prepare before taking part in something. They rather choose the easy way in blaming anet for an „unbalanced game“.

Dont let the muggles get you down. Use everything you can and enjoy your results.

On 5/14/2022 at 1:25 AM, Aridon.8362 said:

No they are not worth it. You're better off getting the enrichments instead. The guards pose little to no threat to you with wvw mastery unlocked.

You can't place Enrichments in Infusion slots. Enrichments can only be inserted into Amulets.

On 5/14/2022 at 1:19 AM, Ausar.9542 said:

how much value does it really add? seem like it adds 1 or 2 % to crit for example if you take precision. Is that worth the tickets?

They add the Attribute bonuses, so they are definitely worth it -- and they are easier to get than Fractal Infusions.

• Like 2

If you don't run fractals at minmax tryhard level (there's no content in fractals requiring +stat AND +agony infusions, just +agony with all the potions/merchant boosts are more than enough), WvW infusions are objectively BIS in terms of raw stats (+5 is the maximum available atm) and they are much, much, much cheaper than +5stat/+9agony infusions, which I really can't justify the cost in any way.

I fully geared two builds in every possible slot (attuning and infusing rings and back), one with power for general purpose (they work in WvW and PvE), and one with expertise to easily cap condi duration on a condi build for strikes. Power ones also better exploit the nice %boost on guards for capping objectives, but they would absoultely be worth even with just +5stat.

Even more worth it if you have legendary stuff, because you can separate +stat and +agony infusions and use different templates depending on the game mode.

The total cost for a full set of WvW infusions, besides the timegate for free laurels (don't waste skirmish tickets), is surprisingly low. When you stop buying ascended trinkets with laurels (LWS3-4 are way better source) there's not much to spend them on, aside for T6 mats and boosters.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer to get them but only on characters I have full ascended setup's on.

Base infusions only offer +4 while WvW offer +5 so on a fully geared ascended character having +5 WvW infusions equipped instead of +4 will be like having a couple of extra infusions equipped.

It's a minor benefit but it can help get that extra bit of crit chance or boon/condition duration that you need.

once you are full legendary, there is nothing else left: my guard has a full set of concentration infusions, my ele a full set of each power (for staff weaver), condi damage (for some degen cele roaming) and healing power (for support tempest). I even have 18 healing power in my bank left for my scrapper that I didn't equip yet... so yeah, it's bonus, icing on the cake... once you are fully satisfied with your gear and builds, you can get a little bit more with using those infusions