The Zhaitan Variants

They literally lied about acquisition of the variants.  I am very disappointed.

10k Research Notes to get one piece to unlock access to a set.

200 Jade Runstone, 250 Memories of Aurene, and 5 Mystic Clovers for EACH Zhaitan unlock.

That's about 200G per variant on top of the nearly 3k gold to make the Aurene weapon in the first place.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Rakotia.5812 said:

Just here to reming what they said about this appearences:

"You’ll note I said appearances, not weapons. [...] and you won’t have to worry about spending tons of resources making and remaking these weapons."

So... yeah. I'm very disappointed to be honnest. Was expecting this so much but what a let down.

Its not the first time they've misrepresented what they planned to do.  I don't want to say they outright lied about it, but its hard not to go that direction. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Keep your head up, here's the silver lining, just imagine when you're finished collecting these, you'll probably be in the rarest group of collectors in the game, maybe even the only one this particular group.... cuz I can't imagine why anyone would want to collect all these skins...

🙂

DONT WORRY WE STILL HAVE 5 MORE DRAGONS TO GO!!!!

Just imagine!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Elywan.7162 said:

Okay, I want to start by saying these are my opinions as someone who has six Aurene legendaries and was very excited for the variants to come out... I'm pissed. I was expecting a collection, and maybe some interesting lore, not an upfront cost of between 350-500g per skin before I can even work on the collection. The Aurene legendaries are already the most expensive legendaries the game has ever seen. This is coming from a player who currently has over 40 of them including trinkets, armor, and gen1, gen2, and gen3 weapons, sigils and runes. This means, that for someone like me who has always wanted to collect them all, I will need to spend nearly 6k gold in various currencies PER Aurene legendary. So basically to get the REskins of the weapon I already own. I'll need to spend the equivalent of making Eternity twice, and do 5 collections. Atleast Eternity gives you 3 separate greatswords unlocked in your armory. These are just skins! I don't know if I'm alone in feeling this way but I just don't understand why Arenanet picked this particular path and I'm incredibly disheartened. Thanks for reading and I hope to read healthy discussion below and maybe someone can help me see a silver lining. 

Attached is a screen of my efficiency's armory page to accent my feelings and goals

https://imgur.com/a/6Fj7qzC

Just remember boys n girls! We only 1 dragon deep! 5 more to go!!! This is a whales game, and 99% of us are not in the game. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

So also after doing the math. We are looking at what?

2,200 good Aurene weapon

300 gold for variants

———

approximately 2500 gold PER legendary MODESTLY.

not to mention some collection attachment… not to mention MORE variants “soon” with then even more things to get us playing…. Oh I digress…

my point is another 1500ish gold with the next 5 dragons… these gen 3s are going to be around 4K PER LEGENDARY x16 …

so hey anyone got 64,000 gold they want to loan out? I get your whole “it’s a legendary tactic” … but hey you get a title to show either a) you’re a whale and just supporting the madness or b) you are the 14hr+ gamer that does nothing but play the market, solo content for gold, etc. basically avoiding gameplay with others because no one will want yo journey with you on this silly crusade. Because it’s a selfish thing. Where is the “defeat ankka cm and get a variant free.” “Defeat scarlet cm get a variant free token” that at least induces gameplay and working with people. Not some 4K gold a legendary self righteous , I don’t have a life and want to stop group content for my own wealthy pleasures. That is not gaming and am HIGHLY disappointed with anet on this. “Casual gamers” … blah. I’ve slowly been working on my aurene set and this just cancels any future plans for doing any further content for legendaries. Thanks for ruined hopeful ambitions and hope no one does this. But I know the streamers, partners of anet, and the whales who pay to look good will be fine. That’s who counts most . I feel sorry for the player base who really cared about journeying and having good time with people for this … but got a huge wall in their face. Back to the good old raids and strikes. ^^ good luck friends if you try to do this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

I am quietly wondering how there are video's with all the 'new' weapons when you couldn't of done all in like 20mins. That includes multiple people doing the achievement. 

hmmmmm 

Edited by Dami.5046
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

First they said gen 3 legendary crafting will be "something familiar" > people lost a ton of money on MC because it wasn't used in the recipe nor did you need as many clovers (that actually worked out so well for me, bought a ton of cheap MC)

Now they said the skins would "make us go on a journey to attune our weapons" > it's basically just a resource sink lol

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Dami.5046 said:

I am quietly wondering how there are video's with all the 'new' weapons when you couldn't of done all in like 20mins. That includes multiple people doing the achievement. 

hmmmmm 

They have a limited number of beta testers who get game builds early I believe.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, wondermuffin.9680 said:

I wish we were allowed to salvage ALL ascended gear with this kit. I have over 60 pieces of  weapons/armor  sitting in my bank and it frustrates me I can't get juicy research pages out of them. 

Other than the Caladbolg weapons, the raid weapons & armor you have to stat swap in the forge first before you can salvage them for notes. The Caladbolg weapons are just trash if you have legendaries of them now.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Bookah pls.9352 said:

Anet really thinks i'm gonna pay that PER WEAPON?????

I don't know about you, but its a good long term goal for me. The Legendaries aren't going anywhere so I can get them all and the variants eventually.

Edited by Xerxez.7361
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

31 minutes ago, Xerxez.7361 said:

I don't know about you, but its a good long term goal for me. The Legendaries aren't going anywhere so I can get them all and the variants eventually.

Such a weird path though, with the research notes. Craft a lot of the same thing and then salvage it? A straight up gold cost would be more interesting than that.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Just now, Turial.1293 said:

Honestly, what were they thinking? From 1 gold sink to the next. I don't blame anyone pissed off by this.

I don't mind the gold sink as much - even though Anet promoted the legendary skins not as a gold sink - But the reseach notes really trigger me.

Buying hundreds of thousands of items, and spending hours on end to salvage them is just stupid. The whole research note system is so not fun when you have to do it en mass.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If the research-nodes were farmable, the situation would be slightly better.

They could add Research Notes to the Jade Silver vendor, 1 silver per RN. That way we would still have the research/salvage idea, but outsourced to our beloved Jade Bot. Instead of salvaging crafted stuff, people could just ... play the game? farm? do actual content?

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Xerxez.7361 said:

There's no "eventually" with research notes. It's not something you pick up at a very slow rate just playing through the content. You need to actively go for a crafting stuff/salvaging with that one specific salvage kit routine to get them. You'd be doing thousands of crafting/salvaging of individual items just for a single skin.

The problem is not the cost/materials used. The problem lies in specific mechanics of acquisition.

• Like 9
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The problem is not the cost/materials used. The problem lies in specific mechanics of acquisition.

Agree with you on the mechanics, but I'd say a secondary problem is also the cost. They really set us up to think the variations wouldn't be another huge material sink after getting the initial Aurene weapon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I agree that the secondary problem is with the cost simply due to them stating that these skins wouldn’t require a ton of resources and then chose the resources which are difficult to farm for the quantities needed. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3