Warriors are like pest control

Kuma.1503

Imagine a Necromancer. 

They're annoying. They're hard to get rid of. They spread disease. They gravitate towards dead and rotting things. And they're drawn to light (Guardians) like a moth to a flame. 

In this regard, Necromancers are like your common house fly. 

Then there's Warriors. Blunt, to the point, no nonsense. Like a fly swatter, or your mom's flipflop after you've been caught doing something you shouldn-- 

Much like a flip flop to an annoying house fly, Warriors are the natural predator of Necromancers. But we've defanged this predator, removed it from its natural habitat, and now its prey has started to overpopulate the mists...  to the annoyance of everyone else. 

For this reason, I propose we buff Warrior. Let them do what they were born to do. Stunlock-burst the Necros into oblivion so the rest of us can commit sweet violence in peace. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

i think wars still do great against necros, they just suck against everything else

i dont even think bladesworn is that bad, the ones i fight are really tanky and have a good amount of dmg, once wb and hb get nerfed they move up in the ranked meta

I like warriors even if they are annoying to play with/against with 170 ping, that makes me miss all my ccs when i play war and make me take every cc when i play against them (really, i have to predic bullscharge when the war is close, otherwise i get hit mid dodge every kitten time lol)

Edited by Khalisto.5780
  • Confused 3

Body Blow. Must. Deal. Power. Damage. Not. Bleed.

After that shorten the cast times of 100 Blades and Whirling Axe to 2s each. That way warriors can burst through the shrouds/barrier of the non Harbinger necros. Added bonus: make Cleansing Ire and Adrenal Health trigger off of burst use rather than hit.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

i think wars still do great against necros, they just suck against everything else

i dont even think bladesworn is that bad, the ones i fight are really tanky and have a good amount of dmg, once wb and hb get nerfed they move up in the ranked meta

I like warriors even if they are annoying to play with/against with 170 ping, that makes me miss all my ccs when i play war and make me take every cc when i play against them (really, i have to predic bullscharge when the war is close, otherwise i get really mid dodge every kitten time lol)

Ah, lag bull's charge... That reminds me of my month-long thief phase a year ago. I was playing Staff daredevil for the memes, when this Warrior channeled the power of comcast and stunned me mid vault. 

My character just teleported from the apex of their jump and ended up on the ground. Then I got hit by arcing slice and died. 

Good times. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Haha 1

@Khalisto.5780 letz say yes and no. Warr is good against necro cause of the hard cc skills warriir got. How ever since febr. 2020 warriors Overall damage is this hard nerfed that you need to stunlock + damage burst the necro like 3 Times before they die. Meanwhile the necro itself could simply 1 spam or elite elexier oneshot you to death. 

Edited by Pati.2438
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Imagine a Necromancer. 

They're annoying. They're hard to get rid of. They spread disease. They gravitate towards dead and rotting things. And they're drawn to light (Guardians) like a moth to a flame. 

Then there's Warriors. Blunt, to the point, no nonsense. Like a fly swatter, or your mom's flipflop after you've been caught doing something you shouldn-- 

Much like a flip flop to an annoying house fly, Warriors are the natural predator of Necromancers. But we've defanged this predator, removed it from its natural habitat, and now its prey has started to overpopulate the mists...  to the annoyance of everyone else. 

For this reason, I propose we buff Warrior. Let them do what they were born to do. Stunlock-burst the Necros into oblivion so the rest of us can commit sweet violence in peace. 

Warrior's problem is not Necro, warrior's problem is that he lacks identity, so he even has to fight a ranger and ranger can impose his game even warrior. Warrior must impose his game.

When the warrior manages to put pressure on the ranger, he will be able to put pressure on mobility... (of course some elite will change the ranger's style of play against the warrior). 
When spellbreaker was strong, he could not prevent Scourge and FB from dominating, but yes SpB should have a greater ability to put pressure on the magic.

P. S. ahah, what a romantic combination of light and darkness you have. Let me tell you more, the darkness is the light that we can't yet observe => fear.

Edited by Tescao.3042

14 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Imagine a Necromancer. 

warrior has not been necro's predator since release tho..

if you ever saw top necro warrior duals back in the core days, like nos, tarcis etc. with the combination of chill/weakness and wurm teleport. warrior always struggled. i'd even say back in core, warrior had easier time dualing thief/mes/engi, even ranger

warrior only has been natural predator of necros who can't dodge and press skills.

Edited by felix.2386

5 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

i'd even say back in core, warrior had easier time dualing thief/mes]

Nah. Nope. Nah. Nuh uh. 

warrior always struggled.

Yes. The chill and weakness was a struggle, especially when chill affected the distance of movement skills and pretty much assured a chilled warrior would eat burst. 

We have enough cc to at least help frustrate them, however. Or we would be frustrating if we had the damage/mitigation to match, since now there's a lot more forgiveness for a necro that manages to get cced and cant/fails to react to it. 

Hmmm. Less like a house fly and more like a giant wasp that somehow flew its way into your room.

That thing can do damage. It threatens the very nature of your existence in that room.

Blessed are we to be the only class capable of removing the threat without violence.

We are the holy sandal for our friends and family to cower behind until the wasp has been dealt with.

Not by us of course. Karma will get the necromancers. Violence carries karmic consequences.

Remain faithful in the face of great adversity🙏

I agree with the idea of buffs though.

Like Confucius once said "It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Hmmm. Less like a house fly and more like a giant wasp that somehow flew its way into your room.

That thing can do damage. It threatens the very nature of your existence in that room.

Blessed are we to be the only class capable of removing the threat without violence.

We are the holy sandal for our friends and family to cower behind until the wasp has been dealt with.

Not by us of course. Karma will get the necromancers. Violence carries karmic consequences.

Remain faithful in the face of great adversity🙏

I agree with the idea of buffs though.

Like Confucius once said "It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."

Thank you, as always one of the first! I agree, but let's not forget that Confucius was a student of Laozi (he who became a Buddha became a Christ).

P.S. Students don't always understand the teacher!

Edited by Tescao.3042
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tescao.3042 said:

Thank you, as always one of the first! I agree, but let's not forget that Confucius was a student of Laoji (he who became a Buddha became a Christ).

Most definitely

I still don't understand many of the things CMC does, but I do try to see the wisdom in it.

Our teachers and kin deserve the utmost respect. Unless they are wintraders, in which case they deserve the best help.

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2022 at 6:11 AM, Kuma.1503 said:

your mom's flipflop after you've been caught doing something you shouldn-- 

Why would a mom use a flipflop? Isn't it dirty and wouldn't the thing just "flop"? Lol. Best way to punish children is to teach them early on about money and if they misbehave, they get no allowance. Worked for me. I guess with this case, take something away from necro or give some great to warriors. You were right on!!! I just didn't get mom's flip flop reference. 

13 hours ago, Tescao.3042 said:

Thank you, as always one of the first! I agree, but let's not forget that Confucius was a student of Laozi (he who became a Buddha became a Christ).

Have you read Sun Tsu's Art of War? Good stuff. Some tidbits still apply even today. 

Also tremendous wisdom from the Torah from thousands of years ago, the Talmud, written a few hundred years before the middle ages, the Christian bible, Quran....

I miss pre feb patch days, when the answer to the deranged necromancer madness was a single gs mesmer just annihilating the thing from stealth in 0.5s

And the answer to the deranged mesmer madness were holosmith dropping revealed on AoE... which is basically every skill

And the answer to the deranged holosmith madness was... well, nothing, holosmith was obscene back then, but the damage was so high it didn't matter, sooner or later it would die to random bs hitting like a truck. It was good fun!

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I miss pre feb patch days, when the answer to the deranged necromancer madness was a single gs mesmer just annihilating the thing from stealth in 0.5s

And the answer to the deranged mesmer madness were holosmith perma revealing them

And the answer to the deranged holosmith madness was... well, nothing, holosmith was obscene back then, but the damage was so high it didn't matter, sooner or later it would die to random bs hitting like a truck. It was good fun!

What? you do not like Noodlewars 2?  Nothing more statisfying than seeing a nice 7 Damage Crit from Bullscharge! /s

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

And the answer to the deranged mesmer madness were holosmith perma revealing them

I never really had an issue with the one shot mes, I just hate the kittenery that was the condi mirage.

One shot mes always had some clue, unless they were right on top of you and even then I was able to avoid 9/10 of their ganks simply by playing with action audio on and no music, when it mattered to me.

Wouldn't mind if they came back if it meant reducing the rat....necro population a bit.

Before they nerfed spellbreaker, it was the answer to holo, literally.

Everyone just wants to nerf their paper if they are rock, and scissors if they are paper...ect.

Would be nice to have a pvp ecosystem where there wasn't any true Apex, and everyone had to worry about a few things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Have you read Sun Tsu's Art of War? Good stuff. Some tidbits still apply even today. 

Also tremendous wisdom from the Torah from thousands of years ago, the Talmud, written a few hundred years before the middle ages, the Christian bible, Quran....

Yes, in fragments, but then I awarenessed that I can observe Warcraft as the art of war, I am grateful to Warcraft, it transformed me. This is a whole encyclopedia of the art of war.
These books are good, but without awareness they will make a person even more informed. There is a book even older than the Torah called the Rig Veda.

P. S. There would be no Warcraft, maybe there would be no GW2.

Edited by Tescao.3042

Conquest, 2022. Guards and necros blinking all over the place, exchanging more dmg numbers than you'll ever see on anything else. The community to that warrior on home node: you are the janitor. We want the place clean and free of pest, for when the VIPs arrive. Quickly now, they move way faster since the last expansion dropped.

The warrior: (shouting) "YESSIR!", takes out the pistol to shoot that big rat munching on the ele corpse, pistol doesn't want to fire ("kitten, thing works only in melee why did I even bring it"). Starts charging 5 seconds. In the last fraction of a second, the rat twitches, the charge attack misses. Guard and necro arrive (they were on the other end of the map when the war started charging). The warrior... rotates out.

Now you're gonna ask, why didn't the warrior just go 1 1 1 1 the rat. Don't you play war? Your autos can't kill even rats.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

I never really had an issue with the one shot mes, I just hate the kittenery that was the condi mirage.

Same. Even now I respect power mesmers immensely because they're making the matchup fun. That wasn't everyone though, a lot of them were on a permanent ego trip with condi chaos. 

• Like 1