Ancient Summoning Stone economy.

Hey, I just had a discussion with my friend about change to Ancient Summoning Stones. (A-Net gonna add one to every EoD Strike CM each week).My friend lis really fond of this idea becouse "Legendaries will be cheaper". I don't like it for exacly same reason, "Legendaries will be cheaper". Leges supposed to be pricy end game goal, and not to be crafted in a matter of days. I know i am overexaggerating a bit there but I wanted to make a point or example and I am kinda bad at economy. Thats why I wrote this post, so here's a question to you guys, do you think it was a good move or not so much, and is there something to worry about, I know i started to worry since MC cost drop so much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 11

They're supposed to be a long term goal in terms of gameplay, not how much green you throw at them. The only thing the AST does is make them expensive.. honestly there are enough gold sinks in the game and strikes needed a substantial reward to get people actually playing them so IMHO it's a win-win.

It won't break the ATS economy because if you think the average player is getting their strike CM clears each week, you seriously overestimate them ;)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

If one Antique Summoning Stone is rewarded for each CM Strikes, the maximum number you can acquire per week by farming/vendor will be 16 as opposed 12. Which will be 6 1/4 instead of 8 1/2 weeks to get the amount needed. I don't think it'll affect it much since you can purchase it off TP. As for the price, I doubt it'll be affected by the CM Strikes much since those are pretty niche contents.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

I am kind of sick of so much of the reward structure in this game centering around crafting legendaries so Ive been avoiding content where much of MY rewards will focus on getting someone else progress toward their desired rewards. This is part of my disconnect from EoD.

So, adding this particular item to CM strikes just acts as a disincentive to play that content for me.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 18

52 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I am kind of sick of so much of the reward structure in this game centering around crafting legendaries so Ive been avoiding content where much of MY rewards will focus on getting someone else progress toward their desired rewards. This is part of my disconnect from EoD.

So, adding this particular item to CM strikes just acts as a disincentive to play that content for me.

Why is it a disincentive, if say even if you do not want to craft the legendary, you still get the extra gold from selling the antique summoning stones? If the stones drop to say 6-8g as a result, that’s still really good gold for completing this content each week on top of the gold for completing the strike and the cms. It sounds pretty amazing to me!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

Why is it a disincentive, if say even if you do not want to craft the legendary, you still get the extra gold from selling the antique summoning stones? If the stones drop to say 6-8g as a result, that’s still really good gold for completing this content each week on top of the gold for completing the strike and the cms. It sounds pretty amazing to me!

As I said, I am sick of MY rewards being the ability to help someone on their path to THEIR desires. If I sell an AS someone else makes progress toward a desirable goal....and I get an increase in a number in my wallet. They get a skin that they like, and I get a number on a digital tally sheet. It is very much a disincentive to be told that my reward for a given piece of content is for someone else to get what they want.

• Like 1
  • Confused 17
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

As I said, I am sick of MY rewards being the ability to help someone on their path to THEIR desires. If I sell an AS someone else makes progress toward a desirable goal....and I get an increase in a number in my wallet. They get a skin that they like, and I get a number on a digital tally sheet. It is very much a disincentive to be told that my reward for a given piece of content is for someone else to get what they want.

What else could they give you that digital addition to your tally could not just buy tho?

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Ancient?   You mean Antique....    It's inevitable that their price will drop unless or until Anet releases something else that needs them.  With a small fixed list of legendary weapons that require them, and now an increase in the number available, the price will depress even quicker (not much, but appreciable). 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, yoni.7015 said:

Yes, why not? Currently working on my fifth gen 3 legendary. They are cheaper and easier to make than gen 2. 

I, of course, know that people are still making them.

The implementation of the variant, though, still stings.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I, of course, know that people are still making them.

The implementation of the variant, though, still stings.

The 10k research notes are annoying but the rest is fine I think 

but I prefer the Aurene version, only made one Zhaitan weapon. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

The 10k research notes are annoying but the rest is fine I think 

but I prefer the Aurene version, only made one Zhaitan weapon. 

I wasn't interested in the Zhaitan weapons at all. Beating people with rotten meat isn't my thing. I was, however, looking forward to making some Kralk and Mordie variants. Also hoping for an eventual Void set.

It's really hard to justify the cost for what is essentially a skin on a legendary you've already made. The fact that ArenaNet implied the material cost would be in the original weapon is salt in the wound.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Gibson.4036 said:

I wasn't interested in the Zhaitan weapons at all. Beating people with rotten meat isn't my thing. I was, however, looking forward to making some Kralk and Mordie variants. Also hoping for an eventual Void set.

It's really hard to justify the cost for what is essentially a skin on a legendary you've already made. The fact that ArenaNet implied the material cost would be in the original weapon is salt in the wound.

In the end the variants are not that expensive, 200-300 gold is really not much. But yes, the collection with events would be enough. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

I am a person who likes crafting legendaries. And although i only got a few. I always felt like the eod legendaries were timegated harder than the others. Making it less possible to craft the complete set with regular gameplay, than Gen 2.1 legendaries for example. (The gen 2.2 legends are plain boring to craft. )

5 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

It's really hard to justify the cost for what is essentially a skin on a legendary you've already made.

Not hard at all, since it's not high for another leggy skin with their particles. If you think it's not worth it then you just won't do it and that's about it. On the other hand repeating "woah, anyone still doing gen3? xd" is kind of pointless, especially when you admit you're well aware people are making them as well as their varaints. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Price dropped a lot. Just when I saw it near 8g ... I thought I might sell my few that I got from the weekly vendor (only 4 each week not doing strikes and only once per week the DE meta where I sell that one directly) ... but then it got even lower. So I might just keep them after all lol. (Best would have been to sell - then later buy back when a lot cheaper.)

I do see the thing with the strikes as a big price changer. Probably a lot selling now in anticipation of lower prices (making the supply bigger now ... dropping the price even faster). Thing is that the one from the DE meta ... takes much longer. And can result in fails. While the strike groups with experienced players probably will do this fast - and to that ones every week. But I doubt everyone is doing the DE meta each day once. Might just farm somewhere else in that time - to get 7-8 gold (probably lot more in that time if you do other stuff).

The thing with the new skin variants ... costing a lot - might also scare away people from even going for the normal version of the legendary. Might just balance so that also the supply will get smaller - then more people buying and trying for the 3rd gen legendaries? (Still ... with it becoming a lot cheaper people still migh try. I wonder why the Ambergris from fishing still did not drop a lot - probably cause fishing is boring and the supply is not getting that high.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1