I realized that people said about 20k 40k dmg

29 minutes ago, XenMaster.7165 said:

I thought i was undergeared dealing 1-3k dmg turns out they just test the damage in that golem training area with permanent boons. Bruh. You tricked me!

You're learning how big a difference Boons make! There's still alot left to learn young padawan.

Edited by Xerxez.7361
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, angrymouse.2340 said:

Thank you for explaining this, I was thinking that is what ppl could do in parties with a lot of boons as well.
Btw, where is this golem?

This is dmg ppl CAN do in parties. That's what these numbers for, which people trhow around here in the forum. Most of these numbers come from people who perform these builds in raid, strikes and other group content where you normaly have most of these buffs all the time. But for most people. these are unrealistic numbers BUT the closer you get, the more dmg you make automatically outside of training. And this is the point of the golem and all these buffs. You train, so you do better in the real enviroment.

Also, for the golem, https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Special_Forces_Training_Area

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

23 hours ago, angrymouse.2340 said:

Thank you for explaining this, I was thinking that is what ppl could do in parties with a lot of boons as well.
Btw, where is this golem?

20k DPS is actually possible in solo play even on boss solos.  For example, Roul from SC has videos of Balthazar solos on firebrand, willbender, and weaver all in the 30-36 second range.  That's somewhere in the ballpark of 20-25k DPS.  Practice up and do some buildcraft and there's a lot of room for improvement from dealing 1-3k damage.  Part of the fun of learning is seeing yourself improve!

Edit:  Uploaded a new clip.  Here's a champ solo (Balthazar) at 21k DPS.  No outside boons or masteries other than mounts.  Just to show you can hit these numbers in actual gameplay and not just on a DPS golem with unrealistic boon stacking.

Edited by AliamRationem.5172
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

This is dmg ppl CAN do in parties. That's what these numbers for, which people trhow around here in the forum. Most of these numbers come from people who perform these builds in raid, strikes and other group content where you normaly have most of these buffs all the time. But for most people. these are unrealistic numbers BUT the closer you get, the more dmg you make automatically outside of training. And this is the point of the golem and all these buffs. You train, so you do better in the real enviroment.

Also, for the golem, https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Special_Forces_Training_Area

They should have a dedicated Area in LA for people to test their dps on.. Also people could mess around as groups..

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

They should have a dedicated Area in LA for people to test their dps on.. Also people could mess around as groups..

They do have its called the special forces training area , you can go in as a group. I thought you hated us elitists with our raiding and our dps meters. Why would you want to emulate us?  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Artemis.8034 said:

They do have its called the special forces training area , you can go in as a group. I thought you hated us elitists with our raiding and our dps meters. Why would you want to emulate us?  

I don't hate the mechanics or the raids, i hate the entitled raid players that ruin them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, XenMaster.7165 said:

I use scrapper. Is that why? Bomb/grenade kit is fine with core explosive traits.

I think this is a bit low, but also depends on what build and weapon you are running, and also where you are measuring. Open world mobs aren't a great place to test this kind of thing, or fights with a lot of avoidance mechanics or downtime due to boss invuln.

I'm probably still far off what is possible, but get at least 5k average using the quick scrapper build off of metabattle when completely solo. This is with hammer and grenades.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, XenMaster.7165 said:

I use scrapper. Is that why? Bomb/grenade kit is fine with core explosive traits.

No, to get that low it's not just a matter of traits, there's must be something wrong with the gear as well. Notice that your dps is low even for the Open World average (which is around 4-6k). In berserker gear you should be doing better damage even with completely random traits and just autoattacking with the hammer.

So, my suggestion would be to check the gear first, then go from there.

PS: considering the last patch changes, get yourself a rifle. It's pretty OP at the moment.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

No, to get that low it's not just a matter of traits, there's must be something wrong with the gear as well. Notice that your dps is low even for the Open World average (which is around 4-6k). In berserker gear you should be doing better damage even with completely random traits and just autoattacking with the hammer.

So, my suggestion would be to check the gear first, then go from there.

PS: considering the last patch changes, get yourself a rifle. It's pretty OP at the moment.

Uhm, all my accessories and my hammer are ascended while my armor is exotic, all berserker stats. My runes is Superior of the Pack. Though id rather change it later to more Power stat based. Hammer runes is the one that remove boons when swap weapon and the other one is give might boon everytime you crit.

When I did a strike mission with average ppl I did 7k dps with my necromancer. 
when I did a strike mission with raiders (they asked Li) but I didn’t show (because I didn’t have enough Li) but didn’t got kicked because many players joined in a short time. 
I was curious why I didn’t got kicked for so many strikes. I asked another Dutch person from the group and he said I did 17k dps. So because raiders keep up all nice boons I did 10k more dps. Later the other Dutch player and me went to the training arena and he set up a dummy with the right attachments. At the end I did 27k dps on the dummy. With my own (secret) build I did more then 20k dps. It was more but don’t remember exactly so I keep the number lower. I am happy with this result. 

before I didn’t so much dps. But that was not a necromancer. And I didn’t set up the right dummy. 

And I am still a player who most times just cast the ability which first come from cooldown. And nearly never weapon swap. Only very useless skills I skip. 

As a general rule, unless you have your own Alacrity or Quickness, and can maintain 25 Might and Fury 24/7, you're going to do much more damage in parties than you do in open-world.

For open-world, you'll generally want to build yourself with some hybrid gear so you have some sustain, and aim for about 5k DPS, or aim for about 10k DPS if you're full glass. This is a good starting point, and it means you've managed a basic rotation. In groups this will double, and with a proper rotation it'll triple.

Keep in mind this is only true for DPSers. Supports have very complicated rotations and sometimes have to forego their rotations entirely because their job is to keep others alive, not make personal damage. On top of this, not all supports are created equal; some have to throw everything they have into supporting, while others are free to do some power or condition damage on top.

For testing DPS of solo builds, use the Fractal golem, not the raid golem. For testing DPS of group builds, use the raid golem not the Fractal golem, and for testing DPS of competitive builds, use the PvP golem. Each of them serves a specific purpose to help you train yourself.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, XenMaster.7165 said:

I thought i was undergeared dealing 1-3k dmg turns out they just test the damage in that golem training area with permanent boons. Bruh. You tricked me!

This is why you see them asking for things like firebrand, alacrity ect for certain subgroups. So they can set the dps up with boons to replicate the conditions you are speaking about. Anyone on their own time who wants to practice can go to the golem training zone and enable the boons in absence of their team to test where they would be at if the group was setup in a more optimal manner. 

13 hours ago, XenMaster.7165 said:

I thought i was undergeared dealing 1-3k dmg

As a rule of thumb, undergearing is almost never an issue in this game - unless you wear greens or blues for some weird reason. Wrong gearing is though.

8 hours ago, XenMaster.7165 said:

Uhm, all my accessories and my hammer are ascended while my armor is exotic, all berserker stats. My runes is Superior of the Pack. Though id rather change it later to more Power stat based. Hammer runes is the one that remove boons when swap weapon and the other one is give might boon everytime you crit.

exotic diviner with flame legion runes

exotic commander's hammer with force/impact sigils

ascended diviner trinkets

autoattacks for ~4.9k

after adjusting some traits it goes to 6.3k

standing in front of the golem to avoid any potential flanking bonuses

That without any sort of extra buffs or boons. Everything is self generated. The reason for the trait adjustment is that the character is normally configured to be able to give quickness to myself and others but that would require doing more than autoattacking.

17 hours ago, XenMaster.7165 said:

Now, I'm just making sure, when you say "1-3k dmg" do you mean "dps", as in the average amount of damage you inflict on your target(s) per second in combat? Or do you mean. The damage number that pops up when you hit an enemy?

I ask this because it's a common misunderstanding for people who haven't yet gotten crunchy with mmo math, and it has caused some educational communicational problems before.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

I don't hate the mechanics or the raids, i hate the entitled raid players that ruin them.

You mean the ones that put certain requirements on the groups that they create but you feel entitled to join them otherwise they are in the wrong?

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4