RIFLE IS THE FUNNEST THING EVER

Robotsynonymous.7238

Just got done messing around with the new rifle skills, and I have got to say, this is probably some of the most fun I've ever had playing this class. So much pew pew! The rilfe feels great and is just fun to play. Whatever you do please don't nerf the fun! In fact, please give the same treatment to the pistol!

Mechanist with rocket traits or scrapper with quickness traits. Do it.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I have to agree that rifle is a lot more interesting and fun than it was before. Finally some herbs, spices and meat have been added to the rice we've been served for years. It feels like it has a presence now and you'll know that's an Engineer with a Rifle when it appears.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

When I first tried it, I thought this was a bug. Then I learned this is absolutely intended, and I was dumbfounded. Sure it's fun for an hour to go around machinegunning people down, but then you stop to think and get real sad.

I'm scared for the future of this game.

Edited by Bazsi.2734
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

20 minutes ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

When I first tried it, I thought this was a bug. Then I learned this is absolutely intended, and I was dumbfounded. Sure it's fun for an hour to go around machinegunning people down, but then you stop to think and get real sad.

Did anet say its intended?
if it is, they should change the name, it shouldn't be called rifle

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robotsynonymous.7238 said:

Whatever you do please don't nerf the fun!

What even is there to be nerfed? People just don't seem to understand what the ominous "24k" is actually comprised of, if they really think that even half of that damage is coming from the AA then it's pretty much an admission that they have no idea what they are talking about.

6 minutes ago, lblazer.5381 said:

It's in the skill description: two bullets and a grenade in < 1 sec.

• Thanks 1

Remember: it's not the rifle that's op, it's mechanist!

(I've done dps checks with rifle autos only both pre- and post patch:
rifle dps at melee range: 1930 -> 2500

rifle dps at max range: 2350 -> 3000.

sword does 4.7k )

post-patch, rifle, close: https://imgbox.com/1lESEdfg

post-patch, rifle, far: https://imgbox.com/gR9YVMiC
pre-patch, rifle, close: https://imgbox.com/elYUV0kt
pre-patch, rifle, far: https://imgbox.com/mJmk0Rxl
pre-patch, sword: https://imgbox.com/kjKsjzOo

#nerfmechnotcore

Edited by pbalint.1607
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Robotsynonymous.7238 said:

Just got done messing around with the new rifle skills, and I have got to say, this is probably some of the most fun I've ever had playing this class. So much pew pew! The rilfe feels great and is just fun to play. Whatever you do please don't nerf the fun! In fact, please give the same treatment to the pistol!

it feels great eh? well we cant have that, can we. that shits getting nerfed

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

In all sincere honesty....I don't think I've ever been so happy playing Gw2. Slap on the Beastslayer rifle skin and you have peak Engineer class fantasy. This is absolutely what the fruits of your tinkering should yield 🙂

Edited by Vedras.5602
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Robotsynonymous.7238 said:

Yeah, if rifle gets to have explosions on the autoattack, there's really no excuse not to give that to pistol.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

Literally no fun allowed: the post. Rifle now working as a machine gun is perfectly thematical to the class.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I played it on a character being leveled, 50ish, so only a couple of trait lines. And even that felt great. Went to Wayfarer's for the Svanir Chief boss and just stayed to finish off the map. Ran into another rifle-wielding engi and the two of us side by side was a sight to behold. Bonus: got a key for the map, and a BL skin from the chest.

Waiting for the dust to settle before I decide on the build for an engi on my main acct (mech most likely) and core on some alt accts.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Robotsynonymous.7238 said:

I completely agree! The min/max people will probably test the rifle build to be no top tier. As a casual player I just enjoy using rifle now. A feeling of fast action/pace with explosion synergy and for the first time a reason to ever choose rifle over maze, hammer or pistols. Please Anet, dont nerf this away just because it shoots faster than the old rifle. Let us, for years, overlooked engineers have a little fun for a while...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I don't care if its best weapon or if my build i use is best but i think its fun as heck and after i tried it in wvw today i think my necromancer might be on permament holiday.

So much explosions that its just glorious.

Also the fact that my mediocre clumsy reflexes managed to actually get some fun time kills in wvw i think the profession is again my main after so long being shelved.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, lblazer.5381 said:

if it is, they should change the name, it shouldn't be called rifle

does nobody read the patch notes?

while they may not have said why they changed things, I believe they updated this based upon feedback in that with a multi-hit auto attack, the rifle would be drastically better at syncing with the firearms traitline and the explosive 3rd hit making it sync with the explosives traitline.

As such, everything just works together now which is why it feels so good.

Most of the complaints are generally regarding the fact that people don't understand that instead of 1 hit you are now firing 3 shots at one third power.

Machine gun rifle go BRRRR!

I thought when Anet said Rifle Burst was going to be 2 bullets and a grenade, they meant Thief's Double Tap for the bullets and a hip shot for the grenade (like how you'd expect someone to use a grenade launcher), but nah! They went full machine gun blitz! XD

I do think the animation could be increased to 1 second, or something (and rebalance the damage to match). Rifle seems stupid strong in PvP and WvW. Legit blowing people up.

• Confused 1

I like the new rifle, although I do see how it might be strange for certain rifle models to be firing 3 shots. As a Charr engineer, it's great to see such a theme! My favorite rifle models seem to match it far greater than they did with the single shot animation.

What I recommend:

1. Machined Rifle - This has 3 barrels for 3 shots.
  2. Repeating Rifle - Has a magazine with shells that fly out.
  3. Beastslayer Rifle - Spinning barrels and high capacity magazines!
  4. Ironsight - It looks like it could be a fantasy repeating crossbow, with how thick it is. It sounds nice to fire 3 shots!

What I don't like as much, but still matches:

1. Aetherized Rifle - Revolving chamber.
  2. Legion Longshots - Any of them will do. They have what appears to be a revolving chamber, just not animated.
  3. Demise of the Dragon - 3 barrels, but it's Canthan themed.
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1