Stop Saying "It can 1shot you" because nothing can 1shot you, things can only 1burst you

^ Thread title

Stop saying "OMG it 1shots me". Nothing in this meta can 1shot you.

In fact, nothing has been able to land 1shot for quite some years now.

Things can 1burst you with a combo but they cannot 1shot you.

Complaining about and saying "It 1shot me" creates misdirected hyperbole.

Nothing is 1shotting you so stop saying it.

Let me remind this community what a 1shot actually looks like -> 60,000 damage from 1 ability, is that normal? - Player vs. Player - Guild Wars 2 Forums -> Dodge. This. Lightning Flash. - Twitch

@Ovark.2514 This is still #1 best gank ever caught in a stream btw.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 15

59 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

^ Thread title

Stop saying "OMG it 1shots me". Nothing in this meta can 1shot you.

In fact, nothing has been able to land 1shot for quite some years now.

Things can 1burst you with a combo but they cannot 1shot you.

Complaining about and saying "It 1shot me" creates misdirected hyperbole.

Nothing is 1shotting you so stop saying it.

Let me remind this community what a 1shot actually looks like -> 60,000 damage from 1 ability, is that normal? - Player vs. Player - Guild Wars 2 Forums -> Dodge. This. Lightning Flash. - Twitch

@Ovark.2514 This is still #1 best gank ever caught in a stream btw.

Haha, good times. I still believe that smokescale is the worst thing to ever happen to ranger. Also for what it's worth, Overheat holo can still 1-shot squishy classes, and can 1-shot any class if the combo is used.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

As a ele I can get eviscerated for 13k+ by a warrior axe f1. I usually run assains and speed runes so having 13.9k hp I can and have been hit for that much.

that what u get for running awful runes lol

• Confused 3

FGS + lightningflash didn't 1 shot people either =P  But seriously , why do any classes start out with more hps than the others nowdays ? If they wanna balance them all to be the same DPS , the Same support etc why do some of them just log in at level 1 with with double the hps of others ? It's  like trying to balance a game on a table that's missing a leg. 

Edited by Qori.9671
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

i'm sure they appreciate the point if it happens in 1 second or less.

Eh, people are half right and half wrong in this thread. They still aren't getting the point.

The point is:

1. A DH pulling you into a stack of traps at the same time it lands true-shot, is a combo of skills that blows all the burst that they have. This is a one-burst.
  2. A Holo overheating and landing a single high damage strike and downing a full health Berserker Ele who doesn't have protection on, this is a one-shot.

My point being in posting this thread, was to point out the difference. This is because everyone is throwing around the term "one-shot" too generously lately. Everything is a one-shot lately, by player lingo.

This is concerning after the last patch because our devs right now might actually believe that and begin tossing nerfs into really misgiven places towards things that are simply not one-shotting people.

If it requires even two different attack animations to land the kill, this is a one-burst, not a one-shot.

People need to stop saying things like "The Spellbreaker one-shot me" after they were hit with Bull's Charge, then Arc Slice, and then the full duration of 100blades. This is a one-burst, not a one-shot.

People often complain about my Soulbeast and say "This is too much it is one-shotting me", when in reality, for a Soulbeast to do what they are experiencing, it has to blow 3x utility skills on a prebuff, catch a Harbinger in Barrage, land a LB4 to initiate the CC while it sits in Barrage, then land Rapid Fire full duration, get in fast enough with Smoke Assault, end the Smoke Assault and land a F1 CC to give enough time to and Maul into WI. This is NOT a one-shot, it is a big long one-burst. What you see in the old footage of The Harsh Master, that is a one-shot, a single strike that lands enough damage to down a player from full health instantly with a single blow.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Eh, people are half right and half wrong in this thread. They still aren't getting the point.

The point is:

1. A DH pulling you into a stack of traps at the same time it lands true-shot, is a combo of skills that blows all the burst that they have. This is a one-burst.
  2. A Holo overheating and landing a single high damage strike and downing a full health Berserker Ele who doesn't have protection on, this is a one-shot.

My point being in posting this thread, was to point out the difference. This is because everyone is throwing around the term "one-shot" too generously lately. Everything is a one-shot lately, by player lingo.

This is concerning after the last patch because our devs right now might actually believe that and begin tossing nerfs into really misgiven places towards things that are simply not one-shotting people.

If it requires even two different attack animations to land the kill, this is a one-burst, not a one-shot.

People need to stop saying things like "The Spellbreaker one-shot me" after they were hit with Bull's Charge, then Arc Slice, and then the full duration of 100blades. This is a one-burst, not a one-shot.

I think the reason why some people attribute one shots to one burst combos are because they're very similar in the sense that they die very quickly upon eating a skill and eating every ability of the combo.  So yes the correct term is one burst , but people will always associate dying to a combo of skills as a one shot because they either don't understand the combo enough to find a breakpoint in it like stunbreaking or evading, or really it's just the same view as dying really fast for misplay. 

16 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

The point is:

People often complain about my Soulbeast and say "This is too much it is one-shotting me", when in reality, for a Soulbeast to do what they are experiencing, it has to blow 3x utility skills on a prebuff, catch a Harbinger in Barrage, land a LB4 to initiate the CC while it sits in Barrage, then land Rapid Fire full duration, get in fast enough with Smoke Assault, end the Smoke Assault and land a F1 CC to give enough time to and Maul into WI. This is NOT a one-shot, it is a big long one-burst. What you see in the old footage of The Harsh Master, that is a one-shot, a single strike that lands enough damage to down a player from full health instantly with a single blow.

you're technically right but the average player doesn't care about any of this if it happens too fast for them to react. they're not entirely wrong either but it is a skill gap issue they need to address.

6 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

have you considerend not giving yourself quickness and spamming 10 skills when under effect of 20 stacks of confusion ?

For an average leftovers of what is left from the playerbase its too hard to understand, you demand too much from them. 

As you can see below, he is entitled to think, conditions specially that come from mesmer shouldnt do damage and shouldnt kill anyone, because if he plays ~11k hp class and have absolutely no cleanses, he must live anyway. Otherwise, I'd expected to see ~400 threads sayin nothing should kill him at any circumstances

Edited by semak.7481

On 7/1/2022 at 7:34 PM, Sunshine.5014 said:

OP doesn't play Ele, that's why they think one-shot doesn't exist. It certainly does for Ele.

Only for glass eles, which are rare, extremely rare.

You absolutely can not 1 shot the typical website build eles.

I'm a one shot artist 🎨 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

have you considerend not giving yourself quickness and spamming 10 skills when under effect of 20 stacks of confusion ?

GW2 - Who Said Conditions Can't ONE SHOT?? - YouTube

Sure a wvw video but being in pvp doesn't change a lot, 4k+ confusion damage per skill use doesn't require any sort of special setup like might/vuln/trait modifier stacking other than have 5 blades stocked, and the skill already can do well over 8k without confusion procs so it only takes 1 skill use to start one shotting low health pool classes that didn't stack vitality or have a cleanse readily available.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

GW2 - Who Said Conditions Can't ONE SHOT?? - YouTube

Sure a wvw video but being in pvp doesn't change a lot, 4k+ confusion damage per skill use doesn't require any sort of special setup like might/vuln/trait modifier stacking other than have 5 blades stocked, and the skill already can do well over 8k without confusion procs so it only takes 1 skill use to start one shotting low health pool classes that didn't stack vitality or have a cleanse readily available.

Your issue is a l2p problem and i think you don't understand how Mesmer works either.

It does require special setup with traits Blinding Dissipation and Ineptitude, otherwise you can't stack that many confusion.
The clip you mentioned, it's guide below and the player tells you within the first 40 secs of the clip that it's just a "1 trick pony."

Sadly something you keep falling to.

• Confused 1