Very Low FPS In Trading Post [Merged]

Basically title, I have no slowdown, lag, or any ping issues whatsoever, but when I go into the black lion trading post, the UI is so painfully slow. Long delays, and it feels like it's running in 5 FPS. I cleared the guild wars 2 cache already, as well as restarted my PC, updated graphics drivers, etc. Any other things to try?

Also wasn't always like this, just started happening 2 days ago.

Thank You!

EDIT: SOON AS I POST THIS THE LAG IS GONE, SO NEVERMIND LOL

Edited by Ransom.1362
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Had some issues with it earlier today, I dunno if I'd say it was "lagging" though but I did notice that upon every item I sold the resolution of the trading post box and only the trading post box drastically dropped for a few seconds each sale, making text and images appear fuzzy and low resolution.

• Like 2

i mean when i remember some years ago you clicked something in shop and it loaded instantly.

right now its sooooo laggy in trading post and getting worse month by month. its really unfun when you have to wait 3-5 seconds after every click in shop...sometimes also lagging out completely so i need to close and open it again.

idk, plz fix this shop anet...

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It's laggy because it's a 32-bit Chromium web browser integrated into a 64-bit game in a world of 64-bit processes and hardware. It's also a separate process so if the server running it is laggy (which is also the server the wiki runs on and the webpage to buy GW2, if I'm recalling the latter correctly), the entire trading post lags. The only good thing about it being a separate process is it shows as a separate process in the task manager so you can give it a higher priority so that it loads a tad faster.

Apparently before release, at least one dev tried pushing for it to at least be 64-bit and future-proofed some but exec(s) at the time were fine with what we now have because it was "good enough". Now it's 10 years old and there's probably a fear that updating it could mess with player purchasing and causing real life money issues so they're leaving it be because it's one thing to risk in-game inventories, it's another to risk real life money issues and legal liability there.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Recently I bought a new computer with significantly better hardware, especially 16 GB RAM. To my huge surprise a lot of the loading-time issues of the TP disappeared. Lagg reduced significantly. Loading crashes do not happen at all anymore.

That's false information. In that case people with 32GB like majority or even 128GB RAM should see better performance hence they don't. You should stop misleading on the culprit.

If you were on 4GB system before, then yes switching to 16GB will make a difference but it's not the root cause with people pointing at sluggish TP performance.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

On 7/22/2022 at 3:46 PM, Zero.3871 said:

right now its sooooo laggy in trading post and getting worse month by month.

Keep in mind that GW2 gained a lot of new and returning players during the last 12 months which most likely translates into many more TP transactions as well. Another issue is the global nature of the TP. 

That said this week's update definitely broke something on the client side. When logging through my 70 alts on my main account, I typically post stuff from ~30 alts each day without problems. However since the last major update the TP either crashes four or five times or doesn't load at all.

3 hours ago, fatihso.7258 said:

If you were on 4GB system before, then yes switching to 16GB will make a difference but it's not the root cause with people pointing at sluggish TP performance.

From my experience each GW2 instance requires ~7GB system RAM and ~3GB VRAM to feel responsive. If you use DX11, an NVMe SSD helps quite a lot as well.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, fatihso.7258 said:

That's false information. In that case people with 32GB like majority or even 128GB RAM should see better performance hence they don't. You should stop misleading on the culprit.

Thank you for being so polite. I will remove it at once.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Could be tied to a memory leak in Coherent UI.

My TP starts to operate at 5 fps or so after my CoherentUI_Host has hoarded about 600 MB. Opening the TP and mapping can ball it up quite fast.

I use the Trading Post and map quite a lot, so I can hit this threshold in less than an hour, or deliberately force it within minutes.

Edited by Hell Nirvana.9045

14 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I honestly dont know, are Amazon's servers that bad?

There are many different tiers you can pay for and multiple types of servers.

A bigger problem is that the system was probably never designed to handle the current volume of transactions and listings. Back around launch there were some datamined gem store items which suggest that at one point TP listings would be more limited. Memory is a bit fuzzy but it was either time or quantity limited and possibly both. That is if you list an item it will be auto delisted after a certain amount of time or each person is limited to 10 TP listings. Either way there would be fewer things for the system to deal with. The gem store items were to temporarily increase those limits.

16 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

There are many different tiers you can pay for and multiple types of servers.

A bigger problem is that the system was probably never designed to handle the current volume of transactions and listings. Back around launch there were some datamined gem store items which suggest that at one point TP listings would be more limited. Memory is a bit fuzzy but it was either time or quantity limited and possibly both. That is if you list an item it will be auto delisted after a certain amount of time or each person is limited to 10 TP listings. Either way there would be fewer things for the system to deal with. The gem store items were to temporarily increase those limits.

So glad they didn't do that... too many games have artificial limits on marketplace transactions just so they can sell you a solution. GW2 does their marketplace best IMO. No one comes close to offering the amount of freedom, ease of searching, and listing with their marketplaces. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Kikokuma.9405 said:

So glad they didn't do that... too many games have artificial limits on marketplace transactions just so they can sell you a solution. GW2 does their marketplace best IMO. No one comes close to offering the amount of freedom, ease of searching, and listing with their marketplaces. 

We also avoided an item that lets you send a message to the whole server.

19 minutes ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

I bet the cause isnt the trading bots that spam 9001 sell/cancel requests each second because they don't exists.

🤔😏😀😂🤣

You seem to know a lot, so share which items they're spamming? 😄

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You seem to know a lot, so share which items they're spamming? 😄

well i've sold potent venom sacs a month ago then when i sold them again the prices/quantity where weird and i started to look at the tp

then i googled and i found out why prices/quantity go up'n'down so fast 🤦‍♂️

ps

someone dropped more than a milion potent venom sacs in the tp in like 2 days

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1