Which classes whine the most on the forums?

bethekey.8314

Which classes whine the most on the forums?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Which classes whine the most on the forums?

• Elementalist
    • Engineer
    • Guardian
    • Mesmer
    • Necromancer
    • Ranger
    • Revenant
    • Thief
    • Warrior

1 hour ago, bethekey.8314 said:

What's weird?

It implies the complaints are not warranted or not stemming from verifiable problems. It's like taking a census of group of people, several of which have just survived a natural disaster, and asking for the group to identify who in their midst are the most miserable and pessimistic.

You'll get a correct answer but the connotation you affixed to it avoids interacting with the context in any meaningful way. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

It implies the complaints are not warranted or not stemming from verifiable problems. It's like taking a census of group of people, several of which have just survived a natural disaster, and asking for the group to identify who in their midst are the most miserable and pessimistic.

You'll get a correct answer but the connotation you affixed to it avoids interacting with the context in any meaningful way. 

Whining isn't necessarily the same as voicing legitimate concerns in a tactful way. It's up to the community to interpret how posts come across, whether they're whiny or constructive. I think a glimpse into how people perceive posts is interesting. Whether their interpretation is right or wrong, who can say?

Likening balance/whatever in a video game to surviving a natural disaster is a bit extreme. I understand certain changes/events might be more fresh in the community's memory, but that will always be the case. Most recently, Warrior is actually in the meta. I could argue that this should reduce the likelihood of whiny Warrior votes from recent memory.

All in all, it's just a silly poll. I wouldn't take it too seriously.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

I don't get the joke...

It's a politics joke. I'm old. 

Humor is my way of dealing with things I hate. And provocative polls like these are things I grew tired of in real life. At best it gets ignored, at worst it creates unnecesseary drama and negativity. Now I have to deal with them on here aswell... awesome!

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 3:13 PM, Kayberz.5346 said:

Warrior by a long shot

Notice how they literally used this thread to post a wall of text to cry about bladesworn and explain why they cry all the time 

Literally any chance they get, can be completely unrelated topics, but somehow they will squeez in a speech about how bad warrior is, but bladesworn isn't a "real" warrior spec so they dont count.

and it just so happens that the group of like 5-6 warrior mains that complain all the time are some of the most active people on these forums so it never ceases 

The pole results speak for themselves,  im not the only one to notice it seems 😆

I arrived 😎

I must admit tho, funny how people whi vote for warr in the negative sense, selectively read posts in the warr sub. 

The posts aimed at revealing the issues, the outcry fir a fix, the discomfort of players for the class. 

And not the hundreds, literally hundreds, rework attempts, large scale discussions on long-term changes, improvement's, argumentative posts with feedback and discussion, proper indication and re-evaluation of overpowered suggestions... 

I suppose everything is from a certain point of view, the one that benefits the person the most.. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I must admit tho, funny how people whi vote for warr in the negative sense, selectively read posts in the warr sub. 

The posts aimed at revealing the issues, the outcry fir a fix, the discomfort of players for the class. 

And not the hundreds, literally hundreds, rework attempts, large scale discussions on long-term changes, improvement's, argumentative posts with feedback and discussion, proper indication and re-evaluation of overpowered suggestions... 

I suppose everything is from a certain point of view, the one that benefits the person the most.. 

No. They're not selectively reading the warrior sub

Theyre probably reading the posts from random threads that have nothing to do with warrior specifically that get "highjacked" as a platform to whine about how terrible warrior is constantly 

Such as this very thread

But im sure you will choose the point of view that benefits your own personal narrative , just as you say😉

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/5/2022 at 6:31 PM, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

are you talking about cele ele? talk about rose tinted glasses.

He's talking about a time, you could play a staff or scepter ele with a modicum of skill and do decent on it...a time where your most relevant build was not a "no dmg" tank trolling nabs in PvP or some full minstrel crap in wvw...a time basically when it made sense to play the class

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Warrior complaints are mostly unnecessary. Balanced gameplay....balanced build diversity and decent traitlines .....they have few very bad MU, being a pure melee class, you are bound to have very bad MU against heavy condi spam or thief gameplay, and even then only specific builds which when played well, will give huge troubles to any other class too regardless...so....

Yeah the complaints are mostly from RPGers who feel "warrior doesn't fit their fantasy role" so they can be ignored, the class has mostly balance number problems and not design issues like it is on ele case, there is no braindead gameplay like cele harbinger or mechanist but for the rest, the class offers decent gameplay experience at all skill levels in all game modes, you don't need to be some twich base god with fast reflexes to enjoy the class in a moderate way.

Let me repeat, most of the warrior complaints come from RPGers who feel "warrior doesn't fix their fantasy role", as such they can be safely and throughout ignored.

On war you will suffer when facing good thieves, necros or some BS runaway superspeed engi builds, everything else is fair game....hardly a class deserving huge amount of whining as it is now

PS. Yes I am sure they are "great" players on the classes I did not mention that would easily beat my "mediocre" war but that does not detract anything from my post, everything stands....I seen good warriors go toe to toe against pretty much everything and come always on TOP...and I can't say the same for other class, where you will lose some fights regardless of your skill level

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Warrior complaints are mostly unnecessary. Balanced gameplay....balanced build diversity and decent traitlines .....they have few very bad MU, being a pure melee class, you are bound to have very bad MU against heavy condi spam or thief gameplay, and even then only specific builds which when played well, will give huge troubles to any other class too regardless...so....

Yeah the complaints are mostly from RPGers who feel "warrior doesn't fit their fantasy role" so they can be ignored, the class has mostly balance number problems and not design issues like it is on ele case, there is no braindead gameplay like cele harbinger or mechanist but for the rest, the class offers decent gameplay experience at all skill levels in all game modes, you don't need to be some twich base god with fast reflexes to enjoy the class in a moderate way.

Let me repeat, most of the warrior complaints come from RPGers who feel "warrior doesn't fix their fantasy role", as such they can be safely and throughout ignored.

On war you will suffer when facing good thieves, necros or some BS runaway superspeed engi builds, everything else is fair game....hardly a class deserving huge amount of whining as it is now

PS. Yes I am sure they are "great" players on the classes I did not mention that would easily beat my "mediocre" war but that does not detract anything from my post, everything stands....I seen good warriors go toe to toe against pretty much everything and come always on TOP...and I can't say the same for other class, where you will lose some fights regardless of your skill level

I think you're half correct specifically here.

The class has mostly balance number problems and not design issues like it is on ele case

You can fix Berserker with access to resistance. You can fix Spellbreaker with access to resolution. You can fix core with minor cooldown adjustments. 

Second part is wrong. Bladesworn has design issues that Anet has band-aid patched by making it overperform with healing. Those could probably be stopgapped by adjusting the healing coefficients from shouts when bladesworn specifically is equipped in pvp, bumping up the dragon trigger damage, and turning blooming fire into an evade and cyclone trigger into a full block. 

4 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Somehow this thread turned into a Warrior Lives Matter thread.

Yes.

Fixing the problems people keep repeating would stop the complaining. This whole thread is full of people upset that warrior mains are complaining on a forum and gesturing at anecdotes to explain why they don't like that when warrior is largely absent from the meta (unless they play bladesworn, which is overperforming due to the design issues mentioned above), and the people that have affinity for the specs absent from the meta still deal with the same issues they've been dealing with for years. 

If you think there's no problems, say so. If "complaining too much" is all people have, so be it. It's for a reason. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

When I saw this thread, I immediately thought: Warrior! Ele! Thief!

Turns out I wasn't wrong. Ele's take the cake though. The amount of coping from ele mains trying to make their class look trash is funny. Somehow it always has some kind of cheesy kitten build. Ele's remind me of Sorcerers from ESO (100% the biggest crybaby class in that game), in that they got too used used to being broken OP in the past, that they permanently think they are "weak" after having been toned down. I always kinda cringe when I see an ele crying about their class.

Edited by Koensol.5860
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Warrior and Elementalist. Although Warrior players have a point (or had before Bladesworn).

Elementalist players constantly whine about being unable to roleplay with staff or about being unable to play WvW and PvP, yet no matter how many changes/nerfs they receive, I keep seeing elementalists doing the same kitten over and over.

Honorable mention to my homies the Revenant mains who say Rev has been totally useless for years in every game mode.

Edited by Telgum.6071
Typo
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Somehow this thread turned into a Warrior Lives Matter thread.

It is mostly argument between THE WARRIOR MAINS and some Bladesworn bandwagoners being told why Bladesworn is bad for the game on the Warrior sub forum but for some reason it continues here. I find it funny cause it is pure content for the drama .

Kinda reminds me of the start of PoF when Mesmer Mains warned that MIrage is garbage, people didn't get why it is bad for the game then PVP got really purple for a while and at some point Mirage got one dodge.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

46 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

It is mostly argument between THE WARRIOR MAINS and some Bladesworn bandwagoners being told why Bladesworn is bad for the game on the Warrior sub forum but for some reason it continues here. I find it funny cause it is pure content for the drama .

"You can't like Bladesworn, because I don't like Bladesworn."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

"You can't like Bladesworn, because I don't like Bladesworn."

Many did like Chrono, Mirage , Malyx Rev, Ventari Vindicator, Minionmancer, Valk Ranger, Boon Ranger, Prot Holo, Scrapper, Mechanist but like the dinosaurs they kinda got extinct and they do share some similarities with Bladesworn. 
I'm not saying don't play it, I'm saying enjoy it while you can. 

38 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Many did like Chrono, Mirage , Malyx Rev, Ventari Vindicator, Minionmancer, Valk Ranger, Boon Ranger, Prot Holo, Scrapper, Mechanist but like the dinosaurs they kinda got extinct and they do share some similarities with Bladesworn. 
I'm not saying don't play it, I'm saying enjoy it while you can. 

I haven't stated anywhere you said that.

1 hour ago, Blackthunder.8679 said:

It's fun how the doomsayers turned the tide and now only warriors that don't play BsW are true warrior mains. 

Well for me any warrior that plays SpB is a wannabe thief.

Anyway it's just a funny pole.

But SpB is just an F2. It maintains the core warrior ability like Zerker. 

BsW on the other hand.. 

In any case, there is no thief in SpB. Mesmer yes. Thief? No. 

SpB should get buffed to punish mindless spam and be a proper counter option, Core should have all it's T2 and T3 effects buffed for a proper roamer that can deal huge damage and not suffer in sustain and Zerker needs to become the melee terror. 

A gated Arc Divider is not much terror.. 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

But SpB is just an F2. It maintains the core warrior ability like Zerker. 

BsW on the other hand.. 

In any case, there is no thief in SpB. Mesmer yes. Thief? No. 

SpB should get buffed to punish mindless spam and be a proper counter option, Core should have all it's T2 and T3 effects buffed for a proper roamer that can deal huge damage and not suffer in sustain and Zerker needs to become the melee terror. 

A gated Arc Divider is not much terror.. 

SpB already counter mindless spam...given how FC is on a 10s CD and adrenaline can be collected by simply swapping weapons.....it literally blows my mind that people actively think warrior is weak or UP:

By no means I am saying that warrior is some braindead gameplay aka mechanist or harbinger but the class is not remotely close to be the UP/weak sack of kitten as some on this forum would want you to believe

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

SpB already counter mindless spam...given how FC is on a 10s CD and adrenaline can be collected by simply swapping weapons.....it literally blows my mind that people actively think warrior is weak or UP:

By no means I am saying that warrior is some braindead gameplay aka mechanist or harbinger but the class is not remotely close to be the UP/weak sack of kitten as some on this forum would want you to believe

It's not enough. I have played enough warrior to know that much at least. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1