Return our second dodge and fix mesmers!

Veprovina.4876

10 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Ahhaha true, I tend to get the most. King of confusion. 

To some extent, Im right. I called Virtuoso being very good in PvE right back at EoDs Launch, that warrented me alot of confused faces to. 

The way I see it the only Mesmers that are worth playing in PvP are Dueling Virtuoso and a bunker style Chronomancer.

Whether they are dominating, I don't know. In the top 250 I know a few who just play Virtuoso, someone called Kyra almost always does. Its a bit like Reaper, I know players who just use that and never change. 

I think even with the return of the second dodge Mirage is far behind its hard to say whether it will be better than Virtuoso. 

Sometimes I wonder if there is some secret alternate version of gw2 lurking somewhere on the internet. 

Edited by Varis.5467
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Varis.5467 said:

Sometimes I wonder if there is some secret alternate version of gw2 lurking somewhere on the internet. 

For PvP there kind of is, I mean EU and USA are very different in Conquest.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

All I mean is we don't have any good PvP stats. The best is probably MetaBattle ratings.

Aned has. That would be pretty funny to see class representation among divs and figure out who complains about OP mesmers :classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

I imagine the reason why Mirage is so high is because of Clones/Phantasm rather than Ambushing/Dodging. Stacking clones on a player, shuffle them, stealth and leave if things go bad.

You give me a strong vibe of someone who never saw a mesmer every time you post something. Lets try to fix that !

The only "mesmer" who cant "hide" among clones/phantasms is virtuoso because he doesnt have clones *gasp*.

All mesmers can go invis and "leave". Detarget(very few skills have it anyway) is not the main mechanic of mirage but dodge/ambush.

Only inexperienced/new/low skilled players struggle to find real mesmer and being confused by detarget, so whoever rated it "high" must belong to 1 of these options.

I hope now you know more about mesmer 😉

Edited by semak.7481
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, semak.7481 said:

Aned has. That would be pretty funny to see class representation among divs and figure out who complains about OP mesmers :classic_laugh:

You give me a strong vibe of someone who never saw a mesmer every time you post something. Lets try to fix that !

The only "mesmer" who cant "hide" among clones/phantasms is virtuoso because he doesnt have clones *gasp*.

All mesmers can go invis and "leave". Detarget(very few skills have it anyway) is not the main mechanic of mirage but dodge/ambush.

Only inexperienced/new/low skilled players struggle to find real mesmer and being confused by detarget, so whoever rated it "high" must belong to 1 of these options.

^this. 

And honestly, a lot of stuff on Metabattle are questionable. If someone brings in Metabattle as gospel in a discussion, I lose interest in the convo with them immediately. 

Edited by Varis.5467
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, semak.7481 said:

Tracking of F2 was on point since launch (just as hitting obstacles/walls/ceiling and disappear up to this days - clarification for uninformed, it shoots blades above your character instead of firing them in front of you like F1 does), f1/f3 with other hand... 

From my experience projectiles can be very hit or miss, on virtuoso I'm leaning more toward miss. I have had someone on flat terrain less than 600 range from me and all bladesongs miss completely and it says "miss". Probably those 1 pixel rocks but it's not just that, ever notice how GS pretty much doesn't work against someone on a wall in WvW? One of the only ranged weapons I've seen that has so much obstructed etc.

The wider discussion on WvW roaming is largely moot, you're far more likely to get 1-5 people interrupt any kind of fight or you find packs of 5+ running around ganking you and anyone else on sight. Doesn't matter your spec, if you're not running blink and at least 5s of stackable stealth you'll have a bad time as mesmer. Other classes need to be able to run long enough that they stop bothering, though I've had 5 people chase me from NC down to the camp south of bay before some nice friends of mine wiped them 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

ever notice how GS pretty much doesn't work against someone on a wall in WvW? One of the only ranged weapons I've seen that has so much obstructed etc.

It's not just GS, scepter gets obstructed as well. It's almost impossible to hit oil with it, and if you do hit something, the third hit that's supposed to spawn a clone gets obstructed, even when the first two do hit. 

The bugs on mesmer are just so many, for so long, it's hard enough we have to deal with those, we shouldn't have to deal with one dodge at least.

• Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

From my experience projectiles can be very hit or miss, on virtuoso I'm leaning more toward miss

Try to read before quoting, idk, I thought I was clear that F2 seems to have tracking from my own observation while others are not (especially F3, its so sh*t that no one should ever consider using it, there should be an option to hide this skill from the UI and unbind when you play virtuoso, so you wont accidentally use it and waste your blades on this garbage).

Edit: The last time I have played virt, F1 had somewhat an okay hit rate, it seems it was improved since its release a bit, before ppl could slightly change their movement direction and everything would miss

22 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

GS pretty much doesn't work against someone on a wall in WvW

Mysterious ways of gw2 projectiles, when you have elevation advantage, some projectiles(if not all) wont be able to hit you and would be obstructed but you can free cast, seems unfair 😉

Edited by semak.7481
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, semak.7481 said:

Try to read before quoting, idk, I thought I was clear that F2 seems to have tracking from my own observation while others are not (especially F3, its so sh*t that no one should ever consider using it, there should be an option to hide this skill from the UI and unbind when you play virtuoso, so you wont accidentally use it and waste your blades on this garbage).

Edit: The last time I have played virt, F1 had somewhat an okay hit rate, it seems it was improved since its release a bit, before ppl could slightly change their movement direction and everything would miss

Mysterious ways of gw2 projectiles, when you have elevation advantage, some projectiles(if not all) wont be able to hit you and would be obstructed but you can free cast, seems unfair 😉

No I did read, I've had F2 "miss" completely for no reason too just like F1. It's not that the skill doesn't track, it's the nature of projectiles (and ranged damage for mesmer) in WvW a lot of the time.
Interesting that rangers can free cast barrage behind walls and pretty much anywhere with impunity but mesmer is plagued with ranged weapon problems isn't it?

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

No I did read, I've had F2 "miss" completely for no reason too just like F1. It's not that the skill doesn't track, it's the nature of projectiles (and ranged damage for mesmer) in WvW a lot of the time.
Interesting that rangers can free cast barrage behind walls and pretty much anywhere with impunity but mesmer is plagued with ranged weapon problems isn't it?

You should be bothered more with hypocrisy and double standards when it comes to mesmer, for all I care they can choke with their "projectile" logic and espec called "virtuoso"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

It was only one trait, and it was directly after the launch of EoD. It was already very strong before that. Power in particular has had zero changes, just PvP buffs.

they had to buff the bleed from 2s to 5s.
This is 150% dmg buff to make the spec viable, it wasnt good, it was terrible 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

they had to buff the bleed from 2s to 5s.
This is 150% dmg buff to make the spec viable, it wasnt good, it was terrible 

Yeah, one trait a month after launch that is what I said.
Originally, I played it Power but really liked the bleed healing even before the buff.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

8 hours ago, semak.7481 said:

Isn't that the majority of the people who Roam in WvW. I mean the only thing that makes an Elite a Roamer is mobility. Mirage has a Teleport as an Ultimate skill so of course its great at Farming noobs in the WvW. Same reason why Soulbeast is an amazing Roamer but Untamed is a better at sPvP.
I mean I watch endless dueling WvW videos and most of the fight is them leaving and coming back.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 7

Quote from Facebook account just now:

Hi all! We know you’re eager for the next studio update and want to let you know that we're working hard on it. We're going to share a look at our 2023 plans for #GuildWars2 in just a few weeks and we have plenty for you to look forward to in the meantime!
Friday January 27, we'll share an outline of QoL changes coming to WvW on January 31. On February 3 we will have a preview of the next GW2 balance update. Keep an eye on this channel and guildwars2.com for all the updates! For now, here's a little peek at the studio update we're working on...

So, we'll i guess see what plans (if any) they have for Mirage and mesmers. Probably won't reveal too much yet, but whatever they reveal, i hope they'll accept constructive feedback. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Quote from Facebook account just now:

So, we'll i guess see what plans (if any) they have for Mirage and mesmers. Probably won't reveal too much yet, but whatever they reveal, i hope they'll accept constructive feedback. 

Reading that FB post with a mind for how Anet have behaved in the past couple years:

Feb 3 we will see a general GW2 Patch not a specific Profession Balance patch.  The Patch will drop around mid February, and then a week or two later, we will be shown some form of Roadmap including Festivals, 1-2 Profession Balance patch dates, and whatever the next new game content they will be launching (LWS, Expansion, something else), more Alliances betas, perhaps some other initiatives (DX11) or sales.

Those actual Profession Balance patches will be sold as 'deep dive into some profession builds, while smoothing out QoL for Support builds' and the first one will be March or April, later even depending on what they plan on releasing at the same time.  Then we will get the patch and well, we know what Anet Profession patches look like; one or two professions get a happy surprise, everyone else gets confused faces.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

Ok Im one of those rare people who actually mains Mirage in WvW every single time! For people who actually insists that Mirage is ok in WvW... seriously, you're not even fooling yourself so gimme a break! Mirage is the weakest spec in WvW period! For all of you who keep spreading these lies, just zip it and please leave this thread!

Its not ok that;

1. We're the only class with 1 dodge/split mode tradeoff. Especially when Mirage WASN'T designed with only 1 dodge in mind.

2. Our traits, skills and ambushes are so incredibly nerfed that our class is basically useless in a mode like WvW.

3. That even when you are fully glasscannon, you as a Mirage still do tiny damage compared to other glasscannon classes.

4. That Anet does this to our class because of bias.

So please! Just stop spreading lies, Mirage isnt ok, hasnt been, and if this continues it will never be ok!

And this thread isnt about Virtuoso or Chrono or core, so either keep to the topic, or dont write at all, cuz I for one dont want any off topic clutter on this thread INCASE Anet ever reads this thread! 

Thank you very much!

Edited by AshkyLicious.4729
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

34 minutes ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

And this thread isnt about Virtuoso or Chrono or core, so either keep to the topic, or dont write at all, cuz I for one dont want any off topic clutter on this thread INCASE Anet ever reads this thread! 

Yeah, we need priorities. Otherswise this thread will turn into an endless back and forth about everything mesmer related.

First we need that dodge back, without any tradeoffs! And no tradeoffs is very important because if anet nerfs yet another thing because we suddenly got our measly dodge back, we're never going to fix this class because there's no end then. There's no objective look at what that missed dodge means if you start piling on yet another nerf on top of it. 

First give us our dodge back, then balance around it if needed (and i guaranteee you, Mirage will have to be buffed still to be at the level of other professions even after that second dodge is returned).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

56 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Yeah, we need priorities. Otherswise this thread will turn into an endless back and forth about everything mesmer related.

First we need that dodge back, without any tradeoffs! And no tradeoffs is very important because if anet nerfs yet another thing because we suddenly got our measly dodge back, we're never going to fix this class because there's no end then. There's no objective look at what that missed dodge means if you start piling on yet another nerf on top of it. 

First give us our dodge back, then balance around it if needed (and i guaranteee you, Mirage will have to be buffed still to be at the level of other professions even after that second dodge is returned).

Totally agree! 

1. Give Mirage back it's second dodge.

2. Fix all the silly nerfs to Mirages traits, skills and ambushes.

3. Give Mirage it's identity back, give Mirage unique F skills that's appropiate for this eSpec. F skills that's rather about keeping our clones than destroying them, and using them in new ways (especially when Mirage is all about keeping your clones no matter what).

When these 3 points are solved, we can start focus on Mesmers other specs and core! And if you dont want to talk about Mirage only, create a new thread about your topic instead!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

On 1/25/2023 at 11:29 AM, Veprovina.4876 said:

It's not just GS, scepter gets obstructed as well. It's almost impossible to hit oil with it, and if you do hit something, the third hit that's supposed to spawn a clone gets obstructed, even when the first two do hit. 

The bugs on mesmer are just so many, for so long, it's hard enough we have to deal with those, we shouldn't have to deal with one dodge at least.

I thought that was just me being small Asura.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

Totally agree! 

1. Give Mirage back it's second dodge.

2. Fix all the silly nerfs to Mirages traits, skills and ambushes.

3. Give Mirage it's identity back, give Mirage unique F skills that's appropiate for this eSpec. F skills that's rather about keeping our clones than destroying them, and using them in new ways (especially when Mirage is all about keeping your clones no matter what).

When these 3 points are solved, we can start focus on Mesmers other specs and core! And if you dont want to talk about Mirage only, create a new thread about your topic instead!

It does seem like a patch is on its way so let's hope it includes some Mirage buffs.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3