Commander tag price

PinkTacoLover.7603

at release it was cheaper to get.

then the german community "https://gw2community.de/" who organised events like tequatl or triple trouble etc. complained to the former german community manager "Ramon Domke" on a TS Session that "everybody would have the commander tag regardless of the commanders quality and that the tag should be higher in price so the amount of real commanders would thin out to only the ones who really want to go into it".

So actually they made politics to strengthen their own communitys commanders giving them more exclusivity and make people join their events on their teamspeaks back then.

The price was highered to 300 gold in one of the patches which followed this teamspeak session between Domke and the gw2community.de

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, roederich.2716 said:

then the german community "https://gw2community.de/" who organised events like tequatl or triple trouble etc. complained to the former german community manager "Ramon Domke" on a TS Session that "everybody would have the commander tag regardless of the commanders quality and that the tag should be higher in price so the amount of real commanders would thin out to only the ones who really want to go into it".

So actually they made politics to strengthen their own communitys commanders giving them more exclusivity and make people join their events on their teamspeaks back then.

The price was highered to 300 gold in one of the patches which followed this teamspeak session between Domke and the gw2community.de

That's a conspiracy if I ever heard one.

It was 100g per character, if you wanted to tag on any of your chars you had to cough that up 5+ times. They raised it to 300g and made it account bound. Had literally nothing to do with some German clan and their illuminati plan to be the only tags ever.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Toast.6459 said:

That's a conspiracy if I ever heard one.

It was 100g per character, if you wanted to tag on any of your chars you had to cough that up 5+ times. They raised it to 300g and made it account bound. Had literally nothing to do with some German clan and their illuminati plan to be the only tags ever.

no conspiracy, i have been in the Teamspeak session back then. It was open for everyone to join in this community.

• Confused 2

I do like the idea of allowing you to (at the very least) supplement some of the gold cost with another currency. So whether it's some open world currency or WvW currency, allowing you to buy it at a cheaper raw gold cost if desired + some other currency. Cause I think part of what makes it off-putting is virtually everything in this game costs lots of gold. So unless you really really want to be able to tag up right now over other priorities, taking the time to farm up a straight 300g while having the self control not to spend it on countless other things in the game may not be the easiest thing in the world. Like how many people would save up the raw gold equivalent of a gen 1 legendary weapon vs. putting gold steadily into gifts and such, where it can't be used for anything else? There's a significant psychological difference there.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, roederich.2716 said:

no conspiracy, i have been in the Teamspeak session back then. It was open for everyone to join in this community.

Just stop it. ANet does not balance stuff because a small part of the community demands it. At best they consider these demands as feedback. Maybe there was an overlap with plans they had anyway and now some narcists think they had an impact on ANet's decision making.

@ topic:

If you can not afford to spend 300 gold, then you should not command. It's that simple. That's such a tiny amount of money these days, that you are either new to the game or just play very irregularly, if you can not afford it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, KrHome.1920 said:

If you can not afford to spend 300 gold, then you should not command. It's that simple. That's such a tiny amount of money these days, that you are either new to the game or just play very irregularly, if you can not afford it.

I need it just for the backpack ill never go around commanding 😒

And 300g is a huge amount if one play wvw only 😢

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

I need it just for the backpack ill never go around commanding 😒

And 300g is a huge amount if one play wvw only 😢

I feel like people who think 300g is a tiny amount must either have nothing left they want so they just amass tons of gold over time or they are a TP baron or something. And they prob sell every single tradeable thing they get, which some wouldn't want to do cause they need the mats for something they're working on.

Whatever the reason, it's just so out of touch as to what gold gain is actually like for a lot of people. Makes me think of those people who will be like "oh you don't like the transmutation charge system? well that's what legendaries are for." As if grinding for years is some kind of solution to a problem.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Labjax.2465 said:

I feel like people who think 300g is a tiny amount must either have nothing left they want so they just amass tons of gold over time or they are a TP baron or something. And they prob sell every single tradeable thing they get, which some wouldn't want to do cause they need the mats for something they're working on.

Whatever the reason, it's just so out of touch as to what gold gain is actually like for a lot of people. Makes me think of those people who will be like "oh you don't like the transmutation charge system? well that's what legendaries are for." As if grinding for years is some kind of solution to a problem.

We've been over this a million times, but people tend to not want to listen to ways to make money in wvw, even as simple as using your badges. Plenty of extra stuff to sell that you don't need for legendaries.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

We've been over this a million times, but people tend to not want to listen to ways to make money in wvw, even as simple as using your badges. Plenty of extra stuff to sell that you don't need for legendaries.

Well to be fair WvW gold generation is drastically inferior to anywhere else in the game. But given how this kitten works we could probably double or triple gold generation and the same complaints will still be here.

That being said, I don't get how hard it is to not spend gold once you've geared up. There's food and utilities but there's always the badge ones if you want to be cheap. Or just wait for someone to drop feasts.

I suspect people are not even looking at their material storage for sellable stuff because as you suggested a lot of it isn't going to be used anyways.

Even when I was going for legendary armor I would still sell Memories of Battle because I knew that it's always going to come in. Obviously people who want to just go for legendary armor in wvw and leave immediately would have problems, but why would we care about people who aren't even staying?

At worse you buy it back when prices are a bit lower.
Also I think lS4 reward tracks get the most gold.

Now if people are wasting their stuff on Black Lion Chest keys, then yea I guess permapoor is a thing.

Or just search in the couch for $10. Whatever works.

edit: You also get a bunch of gold from login rewards and dailies, so there's actually an awful lot of gold that comes from doing nothing.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Well to be fair WvW gold generation is drastically inferior to anywhere else in the game. But given how this kitten works we could probably double or triple gold generation and the same complaints will still be here.

That being said, I don't get how hard it is to not spend gold once you've geared up. There's food and utilities but there's always the badge ones if you want to be cheap. Or just wait for someone to drop feasts.

I suspect people are not even looking at their material storage for sellable stuff because as you suggested a lot of it isn't going to be used anyways.

Even when I was going for legendary armor I would still sell Memories of Battle because I knew that it's always going to come in. Obviously people who want to just go for legendary armor in wvw and leave immediately would have problems, but why would we care about people who aren't even staying?

At worse you buy it back when prices are a bit lower.
Also I think lS4 reward tracks get the most gold.

Now if people are wasting their stuff on Black Lion Chest keys, then yea I guess permapoor is a thing.

Or just search in the couch for $10. Whatever works.

We've had people come in here complaining about badges and skirmish chests. I just spent 7.5k badges for 250 badge of tributes and sold for 21g in a few clicks, tell me what's hard about that? and I have another 50k badges to use. I can sell my ascended mats from the skirmish track for 115g right now, I can sell bags, memories, unidentified gear, or break them down for t5 basic mats and sell those, heck even ectos I broke down from rare unidentified gear, I have 18 stacks I can sell off. Living story season 4 reward track gives an item that sells for 2.5g in the end. You don't need ascended food all the time in wvw, save it for raids, and more than half the time you can get it for free in wvw anyways.

The reality is people are lazy, they won't be satisfied until they have hot liquid gold poured directly down their accounts. I'm not against increasing rewards cause wvw has suffered having the lowest gains for 10 years, especially during the objective manual upgrade era, but people shouldn't come in here acting like they all broke cause they don't want to look at their material bank but still want every kitten gucci outift in the store.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

how do you make money in wvw? specifically 300g fast? 

• Confused 2

On 8/19/2022 at 12:08 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

300g is easily farmable for those that want to have the Dorito. For those that don't an Apple is available to everyone.

Funny enough you can acutally create a squad without a tag (only found out on alt account). So everyone has options.

4 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

We've had people come in here complaining about badges and skirmish chests. I just spent 7.5k badges for 250 badge of tributes and sold for 21g in a few clicks, tell me what's hard about that? and I have another 50k badges to use. I can sell my ascended mats from the skirmish track for 115g right now

I pick badges from Skirmish Chests as there aren't many better choices. But yea regardless they're pretty expendable if you need gold.

I can sell my ascended mats from the skirmish track for 115g right now,

I sometimes hoard ascended stuff because I may need to make a new weapon. But people have been selling most of those at a loss for years so it's not even worth it anymore.  Just buy/sell as needed I guess past a couple.

Ascended gear also costs like less than half of what it used to. Most people can probably craft a set without even realizing it.

The reality is people are lazy, they won't be satisfied until they have hot liquid gold poured directly down their accounts. I'm not against increasing rewards cause wvw has suffered having the lowest gains for 10 years, especially during the objective manual upgrade era, but people shouldn't come in here acting like they all broke cause they don't want to look at their material bank but still want every kitten gucci outift in the store.

Oh yea. And you already kinda do get a lot of stuff poured in just by logging in (RIP mystic coins).

I guess the problem is just that there's no real shortcut; a lot of the big gold is timegated. You just have to play the game so if you just do that you have no problems. But I guess people play the game more irregularly? Or maybe they just spend too much time complaining on the forums which earns 0 gold xD.

Yea I complain a lot myself but I only post during downtime for this game.

I think the best path for the lazy is focusing on selling festival containers (they're also dropping in WvW) at the start of a festival since people pay a lot. Only open them at the end when it's cheaper.

At least that's where a lot of my gold comes from-- I've not touched PvE farming in quite a long while though some day I plan to max out fishing when Anet allows me to fish more than weeds in WvW.

Oh yea, as for the whole thing about spending gold before one can save it, I usually regularly start converting some of my gold to gems once I get past a few hundred gold.

That way if something really exciting on the gem store comes out (it doesn't), I can just buy it instead of having to run through the exchange with higher prices on that very day. Impulse buys + bad exchange = no gold.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

It is good for game to have goals in it, and they do not always need to be easy.

300 Gold is couple of days doing pretty much anything other than whining at forums as long as you sell the mats. So still easy. You want to lead people? Show it with your ingame wallet.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 2

On 8/20/2022 at 12:33 AM, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

Dumb question, why it cost gold 🤨

It should be wvw currency (and some minimum wvw level)

1) If you really wanted to get a commander tag, you got to earn it.
2) commander tag can make money, if you tag up on a daily basis.  

so no. current method and price of obtaining it is fine.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 11:42 PM, KrHome.1920 said:

Just stop it. ANet does not balance stuff because a small part of the community demands it. At best they consider these demands as feedback. Maybe there was an overlap with plans they had anyway and now some narcists think they had an impact on ANet's decision making.

@ topic:

Anet changes alot based on feedback from community.

there is a developer discord where anet talks with their choosen ones about such. Didnt you see the developer discord leaks on reddit lately which caused huge uproar?

for wvw there are players involved, too. The big problem here is that approx 95% of the players who are in wvw dev discord involved are only playing 100% gvg and play 0% open world wvw. These are players who never roam, never zerg, never play for territory or structures but give feedback upon what they experience in gvg 15s arena…

the rise of the commander tag price was a community effort.

computer games are meant to be fun, i dont have to earn myself access to such basic game function.

the game, specially wvw always lived from people who showed engagement.

why make it disappointing for new players to get these tags when they need to work on their gear already?

you guys need to stop to compare the game with your daily life business.

computergames are meant to be fun and enjoyable and not feel like a second job after work. Remember the seasons which got abandoned by anet cause too many players disappeared after cause rhey grinded wvw until burnout?

wake up people the game demands too much work in unnecessary areas.

On 8/19/2022 at 7:47 PM, roederich.2716 said:

In the past it was chraper yes, but it was per character though, not per account.

On 8/19/2022 at 6:33 PM, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

Dumb question, why it cost gold 🤨

It should be wvw currency (and some minimum wvw level)

if u ask me, it should be far more expensive. maybe sth like a cost of 30.000 badges of honor + 1500 emblems of avenger or sth alike, so u'd really need to have some experience to gain it. (then again it is too late for this yet as too many ppl bought it yet)

300 gold is nothing really.