Which map should removed or change in PVP?

Carnage.6751

Fmo This Battle of Kylo should be  removed from game.That trebuchet ruins match for enemy and my team.İn solo que coordination of Team almost 0.PEOPLE doesn't even care talking.So in most matches someone wanna go to trebutche and keep rolling and you becoming to outnumbered one.I don't know if A-net doesn't even care in this point.Oh sorry they don't care ofc.They keep damage controlling.This End of Dragons is proof of how their new creative team so much distanced from OG.They look at to product and say which content doing most cash focus on that.No new Raids ,No new Dungeons or No new PVP map.You know when they add last pvp map? 2018.....Sorry for my rant I just so full of frustration bc of this terrible state of PVP. So what map you want them to remove, change and add ?

Edited by Carnage.6751
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I once loaded into a Spirit Watch map and witnessed another player, upon loading into the map have a complete meltdown.  Absolute frustration and emotional shattering on map chat and rage towards that one anonymous spirit watch vote while a big chunk of the pie was between capricorn and skyhammer.

Stronghold

Should be a copy - paste of Mobas , then we slap it with 60% Damage/Healing Reduction and the debuff reduced every 30 sec  .

Items should offer buffs to npcs (build Amulets + Cond/Physical Strike Reduction Runes) or summon differently stronger ones (that have F2-f4 skills) .

That way it will be a mode for new players , not to get obliterated in 10 sec 😛

Edit: Roamers(or any1) can spent their money towards faster-debuff-reduction , but it will reduce for their team and the oponent in the same time .

One  team will try to "turtle" with npcs , while the other will try to "out-shell" them and the massacre (20% reduction period) begins in the 8th min .

If both parties aims for the same , then they will duke it out in the 5th min

Edited by Ryuk.6840

1. Legacy = well done classic map, needs no changing
  2. Temple = well done classic map, needs no changing
  3. Forest = well done classic map, needs no changing
  4. Capricorn = well done remake, needs no changing
  5. Skyhammer = as much a some people still complain, it's fine
  6. Coliseum = Ended up being a well done classic map and honestly my favorite. However, where the sword artifact spawns on the south side of the map is much closer to the red spawn than the blue spawn. The sword is a stronger/more important objective to obtain than the shield. This makes winning favorable to the red team as they have a much easier time accessing the sword than the blue team. In my opinion the shield needs to be buffed. I would suggest that the instant revive on the shield should happen more quickly as to balance the importance of the two buffs.
  7. Khylo = The map is fine but the trebuchet objective is plainly outdated in 2022. There is absolutely no reason to ever use this objective unless you want to instantly throw the match and leave your team 4v5 on nodes. The treb has too much telegraph and too little damage output. Now that DPS is so high in general in GW2, most builds land treb like damage anyway, while being able to hold a node while doing it. The treb nowadays serves as nothing more than throw bait for new or casual players who don't understand that the treb is throwing the game. In my opinion, nothing can be done to fix the treb and make it useful in a traditional sense. Even if it were a literal AoE 1shot mechanic, it still has too much telegraph, better players will always dodge it, and it always leaves a team 4v5 on nodes when someone goes to treb. I do however have a good idea to significantly change this objective. You know the treb repair kits? Replace those repair kit spawns with "treb signal flare" spawns. A team can pick up a signal flare, drop it on a node, and an NPC ghost will appear on your treb and fire 3x shots at the spot the flare was activated. This way players don't have to go way out of their way and make their team 4v5 on nodes to use the treb objective.
  8.  Spiritwatch = Mobility creep in GW2 is waaaaay too high now after EOD for the orb to be in any way practical to run to a node without being super chased and immediately killed by a bunch of tele-bursting. They really need to overhaul this mechanic as the orb just makes a player way too slow nowadays. There are plenty of ways to go about this, it just needs to happen. One other thing about Spiritwatch that I think made people hate it, is how there is no direct access to mid from the objective. There is access from mid directly to the objective, but not the other way around. This allows the team who holds mid a great deal of advantage concerning mobility around the map, which is unlike any other map. If they were to put one of those upward draft things at the bottom of the cliff that would shoot players up to mid, this map would feel much more accessible & balanced.
  9. Djinn = The objective here is next to useless. Just like Khylo's treb, it's just click bait to draw players off node and hurt their team. They've got to do something to do buff the effects of this objective.
  10. Courtyard = In my opinion there is nothing wrong with this map and it should be put into unranked, ranked, and AT map shuffles. It shouldn't count as a different game mode. Good content going to waste here.
  11. Stronghold = Same thing as Courtyard ^ I want this to be in map select shuffles for unranked, ranked, and ATs. I think at this point, players would appreciate seeing different modes thrown at them in 5v5 queue, every once in awhile.
  12. All 2v2/3v3 maps = They all have the same problems. They're too small, too confined, debatably too much LOS, and they greatly favor slower sustain comps over roamer comps. They need to open these maps up a bit so build archetypes that require greater kiting can actually function in 2v2/3v3. These maps however, can stay their own game mode.
  13. Last but not least, I'd really really really like to see a beta 1v1 mini-season using the Auric/Asura/Halls maps.
Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Thanks 2

Remove, erase, eradicate,
weed out, wipe out, just delete.
Uproot, purge, incinerate, 
expunge, scratch, annihilate!

Hi there fellow accelerationists! Keep suggesting to delete parts of the game, that way things will surely get better.

Edited by Bazsi.2734
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Djinn's Dominion got people so traumatised everyone in this thread has blacked it out of their memory.

I haven't been PvPing very long. Why do people hate Djinn's so much?

Also, why do people like Capricorn? It feels like the bell is just a snowball mechanic. I don't think I've ever seen a losing team be able to use it to turn the tables.

Edited by Gibson.4036

10 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I think its more of a meme to hate at this point, its not that bad of a map.

Its far from the best, don't get me wrong. The points are too small, the side objective is a mostly useless newbie trap, and mid is way too open on Djinn's.

To its credit, its a smaller map and side-noders can do pretty well on it.

10 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Also, why do people like Capricorn? It feels like the bell is just a snowball mechanic. I don't think I've ever seen a losing team be able to use it to turn the tables.

Capricorn is another medium-good map i'd say.

The best thing about Capricorn is that; if you're having a bad game for whatever reason, it is over very quickly.

25 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

For me it’s just too small, and it’s unfairly punitive if you’re running glass compared to the other maps. 

Ah, thanks for the explanation.

I’m often relieved to get Djinn, because its safe to ignore the side mechanic, and people rarely get distracted by it.

As opposed to Capricorn (why am I the only one on my team at bell?!) or Khylo (why does the guardian keep running off to the trebuchet!?).

People are dunking on Treb in Khylo, but I was playing with my daughter a few weeks back and all she wanted to do was use the treb, so every match we got into she went treb and camped it the whole match and I don’t think I’ve ever won Khylo so many times in a row. 
So in the high silver/low gold ratings, treb seems to be quite effective!

I like all the maps, but I always pick Capricorn if it’s available. It’s very open and straight forward to play. Not as big of a fan of the closed in maps with roofs and tunnels that cause a lot of camera collision like Temple.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tulkas.2576 said:

People are dunking on Treb in Khylo, but I was playing with my daughter a few weeks back and all she wanted to do was use the treb, so every match we got into she went treb and camped it the whole match

So she was this one individual that actually uses the treb and made Carnage rage again....  He spawns his ragethreads every other day....  him raging about the treb being overpowered is a "new low", tho.

Anyone using the treb is the sole reason why his team is loosing. Its so useless, its incredible.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

So she was this one individual that actually uses the treb and made Carnage rage again....  He spawns his ragethreads every other day....  him raging about the treb being overpowered is a "new low", tho.

Anyone using the treb is the sole reason why his team is loosing. Its so useless, its incredible.

I disagree, There are niche moments where the treb can Flip the Game. 

But its Very rare to get this Point and even rarer that people See the Point to use IT.

2 minutes ago, Avatar.3568 said:

I disagree, There are niche moments where the treb can Flip the Game. 

But its Very rare to get this Point and even rarer that people See the Point to use IT.

and even rarer for any skilled player to not dodge the giant flying fireball.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1

s%%t watch.

sky hammer used to be AWFUL but they spent years changing it and making it more like a normal map.

s%%t watch however is anything but normal,

if a premade has a comp made for running the orb you have lost against them before the game even starts.

imho simplicity is king.

its the reason maps like foefire are amongst the favourites, symmetrical map with no hugely match-skewering side gimmicks.

the team that holds the points the best wins, no gimmicks, no cheap shortcuts.

19 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Oh attention seeker clown here?We are talking about overhaul and attention for PVP map and you coming and blaming me for it.İf I wanna be low  I copy you.Follow your posts and vomid troll comments . What kinda low you are both trying to mock me then prove my point by saying "Anyone using the treb is the sole reason why his team is loosing. Its so useless, its incredible.

"Why did you skip evolution bro? :d

Edited by Carnage.6751
  • Confused 2

On 8/23/2022 at 2:55 AM, Tulkas.2576 said:

People are dunking on Treb in Khylo, but I was playing with my daughter a few weeks back and all she wanted to do was use the treb, so every match we got into she went treb and camped it the whole match and I don’t think I’ve ever won Khylo so many times in a row. 
So in the high silver/low gold ratings, treb seems to be quite effective!

I like all the maps, but I always pick Capricorn if it’s available. It’s very open and straight forward to play. Not as big of a fan of the closed in maps with roofs and tunnels that cause a lot of camera collision like Temple.

I'm happy your daughter had good time but this proves my Point.Sticking to trebutchet is cripples your team and leaving them outnumbered.İts rather than a mechanic its a nuisance for enemy and your team.

11 hours ago, Carnage.6751 said:

I'm happy your daughter had good time but this proves my Point.Sticking to trebutchet is cripples your team and leaving them outnumbered.İts rather than a mechanic its a nuisance for enemy and your team.

We won Khylo every time we played it that night. I think it was three times. 
I realize that was probably coincidental, but at her skill level, she was probably more effective when on the treb rather than hassling people with her minionmancer at mid lol. 

• Like 1