Thank You For The Free Mount Skin

Ashen.2907

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

17 skins for skyscale, not going to list them 😄

thanks, don't worry about list....

i just want a dyeable "simplistic" one, for my characters that dont use a "shiny" tematic.

my 2 skycales skins(aside the default), are "shiny": the fiery one, and the exalted skycale.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416

2 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

So does the Frostsoul Skyscale have ice breath?

It's amazing how many preview videos are out there that don't show the dismount breath attack. But it looks to me like it still breathes fire. It's idle animations are still fire. About 7:50 in this video.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

thanks, don't worry about list....

i just want a dyeable "simplistic" one, for my characters that dont use a "shiny" tematic.

my 2 skycales skins(aside the default), are "shiny": the fiery one, and the exalted skycale.

Yeah, I'd say at least half of those skyscale skins are non-shiny so you'll probably find something for yourself.

I already have some skins too, I think I'll keep the license for now and pick when I'll feel I'm missing something for a specific character, probably still a shiny one though -maybe a stardrift to finish off the star set 😄 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I got the stardust jackal, because I've wanted it since it came out and hadn't got it yet.

In a weird way I'm kind of glad the licence didn't include the premium mount skins, because it meant I didn't have to choose between a more expensive skin I maybe don't like as much and a cheaper one I really like. There's a few I could have chosen and it was just a matter of deciding which of those I want now rather than later.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Leger.3724 said:

Debating between Speckled Shortfang, Speckled Shortfang for the skyscale and Lithosol for the griffon.

Having a hard time deciding, between the shortfangs is it just the original dyes they come in or is there more to it?

They have a slightly different pattern. For example one has large spots down it's legs and along the wings and the other has more of a patchy appearence all over. The pattern is preseved when dying them, unless of course you put the same dye in ll the slots.

9 minutes ago, itspomf.9523 said:

It is a pretty awesome gift, though I've kind of already got the (very few) mount skins I liked enough to purchase, so ...

... I guess I'll browse through them from time to time and see if one attracts me enough to get it.  Maybe an alternative sand jackal?

In a way I think you're lucky.

I started off wanting 2 skins for each mount: one which looks just like the original but with 4 dye channels so I can dye it to fit the character, and one which has interesting patterns or effects or something. Then I wanted different effects for different characters and now I've spent far more than I ever expected to on mount skins, even though I only buy them when they're discounted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

They have a slightly different pattern. For example one has large spots down it's legs and along the wings and the other has more of a patchy appearence all over. The pattern is preseved when dying them, unless of course you put the same dye in ll the slots.

Yeah I see now. Gilded Shortfang seems to go with shading on the legs and more patterns on the wings compared with Speckled. Hmm I might go with Speckled since it's a bit cleaner and simpler.

Just now, erapago.4387 said:

I chose the Frostsoul skyscale and deeply regret it! Don't recommend. 🙂  The dye channels really aren't what I was expecting and the crystal/frost doesn't take colours very well.

Oh, I'm sorry about that. 😞 This is why I wish we could preview dyes on mount/glider skins just like we can on armor skins or outfits...

First choice, which mount? I chose Skyscale because it is the skin I use most.

Second choice, which Skyscale skin? Most were just recolour or part of a set, I preferred something more unique, there were only 2 Broad-Horn Bull or Venomous Greathorn, I chose the latter because I liked it more.

Edited by Zaraki.5784

Ok I forgive you ANet 😅 j/k

Starshell roller beetle it is, yay! I have that Syn Gyrocycle skin and beautiful it may be, you can't do 360 degree spin in mid air. Idk if that's intentional or just a glitch. Anyway, with the Starshell I can spin, spin, spin...

Thank you ArenaNet 😊

And now give us a long requested gemstore swimsuit skin 🩱 (I don't care how much it costs). That will make this the best Anniversary celebrations ever! 😄

Edited by MintyMin.2718
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

It was a really good move to make it a selection instead of a specific skin. (Although I'm waiting for the inevitable complaints from people who already have all of them.)

I have them all. XD It was a little disappointing but I can't complain. It was free- not like I spent money on it and already had it!* Now my side accounts have at least one mount skin and my husband's account has plenty remaining to choose from. I am happy with this. 🙂

*In the past I purchased the full bundles on sale but the last time I did I already had one of the skins from a Supply Drop. They didn't want to reimburse me for the one skin I couldn't use! Now THAT peeved me! Ditto for the bank slot I purchased (turns out I'm maxed and it doesn't just vanish from the store like the shared inventory slots when you max out). Thankfully they did reimburse me for these, but I'm still steamed about the mount skin. They did it as "a one time courtesy". So this year I wasn't planning on buying the supply drop anyway, if it happens, and I definitely hold back on buying mount skins now (not like I don't have enough already)!

• Confused 1

Agreed. Still didn't choose yet...I'm pretty happy with the ones I have now. I feel like mine is gonna sit in the bank for some time 😁

Raptor: Gallant Lightbearer

Springer: Canthan Birb

Jackal: Shrine Guardian

Skimmer: Alluring Devilfish

Rollerbeetle: Starshell

Griffon: Thunder Tigris

Skyscale: Incarnate Flame