Thank You For The Free Mount Skin

Ashen.2907

It was a really good move to make it a selection instead of a specific skin. (Although I'm waiting for the inevitable complaints from people who already have all of them.)

I'm a bit disappointed that the premium mounts weren't included, but it did make it easier to choose. I picked the Stardust jackal because I've liked it since it first came out by I won't buy the RNG licences so until recently I couldn't get it and I hadn't bought the select licence yet.

• Confused 1

It is brilliant marketing because I am having a hard time choosing, which motivates me to swap gems for other skins, something I've never been willing to do before.

Very clever, diabolical even!  I am assuming Anet has hired some marketing people from the Inquest...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I can't choose between the Coastal Spiketail or the Striped Tri-horn raptor skins. They're both so pretty! Wish I could find a video detailing how they are dyed - I made that mistake with the mount select license a week ago. Chose the Highland Harrier griffon skin...it has red outlines on all its feathers that won't go away no matter what dye you put on there. I hope that's a bug (my thread on it got moved to the bugs section, so...fingers crossed it'll get fixed soon?), but I don't want to make the same mistake with the skin I choose here.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vavume.8065 said:

It took 10 years to give us something decent, better late than never.

I've enjoyed the dyes and free skins quite a bit. Even the cake was nice enough in my opinion. About the only year where I questioned the decision making was when we got an account bound Queen Jenna for all of our individual characters.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

Wish I could find a video detailing how they are dyed 

This! I've been looking around for dye videos, because some of the skins seem to change radically depending on dyes, while others kind of live in the same ballpark and the dyes just nudge them one way or another.

I only have the base skins, so this is a pretty big deal for me! While I regularly use all mounts but springer, I figure a skyscale skin will be the one I get the most use of.

I'm eyeing Stargaze, but not sure if the wing trails wouldn't become annoying after a while.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

This! I've been looking around for dye videos, because some of the skins seem to change radically depending on dyes, while others kind of live in the same ballpark and the dyes just nudge them one way or another.

Dulfy's old website still has videos up of her showing off the different mounts. In a couple of them, she does show off the dye channels. Here's a link to the list of previews/videos: http://dulfy.net/?s=mount+adoption+license (I had to search for it, so this list is not comprehensive; I don't think these are all she did, but I can't find the others now.)

Sadly, while she has a preview of the original mount pack, which is where the two skins I'm eyeing come from, she doesn't show off the dyes there...

Edit again: ...that link appears to show only one of the videos she did. >_< When the site got changed around, so too did all the links...I can't figure out where everything else is. Sorry!! Not too helpful...

Edited by Batel.9206
Edited for clarity; I posted wayyyyy too fast.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

Dulfy's old website still has videos up of her showing off the different mounts. In some of them, she does show off the dye channels. Here's a link to the list of previews/videos: http://dulfy.net/?s=mount+adoption+license

Sadly, it seems the only one she doesn't do that with is the original mount pack (where the dyes are all default), which is where the two skins I'm eyeing come from...

Thanks!

I did find this video which showcases the Lost Era Mounts and explores their dye channels. It is also very thoughtully bookmarked so you can go right to each skin and its dye demonstration. 

After further searching, it looks like this channel has them for the other select licenses as well.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Thanks 1