Please let us Swap Jade Modules without a bench

Mell.4873

I don't see why I would ever swap out the Treasure Hunter Protocol (which I don't) when I have to Guild Hall port change Module then go back (which is the most effective way).
Just let us swap them on the fly so I can use some of the more fun modules like Mount Energy for races without having to go through 2 loading screens.

PS: This is probably a QoL post but I don't want people not see it so leave it for a little bit.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

They might add some new QoL to the Jade Bot and its Modules when the new living story comes out. Possibly even to commemorate one year of End Of Dragons being released. Using the bench seems intentional, so I don't know that they'd change that, but I'm thinking they might add some benches, batteries, and offensive/defensive protocols to older maps (especially those with popular world bosses and metas) and they could redo the module slots so that at least the Mount Energy chip that they give you by default during the story doesn't have to compete with chips that replace junk items. Maybe an extra slot or two with new masteries or something?

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Yes. Would be helpful. This is only a limitation so people can't swap it all the time everywhere ... while higher level stuff already is costly and you need it per char. Especially when you want to use a mount/skiff booster just for a short time (other than that having something else equipped) ... it would be better if you could swap out of combat - like with all the other stuff.

Or a 2nd set or a cooldown. But I think all the time (no limitations besides being out of combat) ... would not hurt. Would not make it overpowered. Just more useful cause more people actively would try to optimize using other modules based on the situation instead of just having the recycler running all the time.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 5

I still have no idea why they made the jade bot with so many limitations and it be so bad. It should be an account based feature that has its own storage system in its tab, so that we only need one kind of max level of each thing we can swap too for every character on your account to swap to on the fly out of combat. Workbenches never needed to exist. It makes no sense for them to exist. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Hashberry.4510 said:

Please no jade tech in old maps.

This! :classic_wacko: I will riot if old maps are going to get spoilt with tech. Ugh...

For that matter, I sincerely hope we are done with Jade Tech after EoD and its upcoming LWS.

3 hours ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

might also add a bench to control jade bot as a mastery.

I corrected that for you. 😉 Yes, expanding the Jade Bot Mastery to be able to swap modules on the fly would be fantastic! 😃

11 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Just let us swap them on the fly so I can use some of the more fun modules like Mount Energy for races without having to go through 2 loading screens.

👍👍

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Inari Kamihara.6908 said:

They might add some new QoL to the Jade Bot and its Modules when the new living story comes out. Possibly even to commemorate one year of End Of Dragons being released. Using the bench seems intentional, so I don't know that they'd change that, but I'm thinking they might add some benches, batteries, and offensive/defensive protocols to older maps (especially those with popular world bosses and metas) and they could redo the module slots so that at least the Mount Energy chip that they give you by default during the story doesn't have to compete with chips that replace junk items. Maybe an extra slot or two with new masteries or something?

I mean right now it is "on demand" since you can hit the Guild Hall button, change modules then come back.

The real inconvenience is the two loading screens and leaving your map (which could be full) so for the most part it isn't worth using things like the Turtle Siege Enhancer module since it is Mount/Map specific

• Like 2

Although I have all the modules available and all at T3, there's several I don't even bother to use, such as the Skiff Supercharger or Gliding Booster. Turtle Siege Enhancer on one alt that does DE Meta and a couple of gatherers with Treasure Hunter.. Never use the Scavenger or Recycler. The main two that I equip the rest of my alts are Mount Energy and Rescue Protocol

Too troublesome to keep switching them. Would be nice to have portable workbench that can be obtained from gemstore. Or being able to equip all the modules all at once on your characters, and only visit the Workbench to switch out the modules so another character can use.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Silent.6137 said:

Although I have all the modules available and all at T3, there's several I don't even bother to use, such as the Skiff Supercharger or Gliding Booster. Turtle Siege Enhancer on one alt that does DE Meta and a couple of gatherers with Treasure Hunter.. Never use the Scavenger or Recycler. The main two that I equip the rest of my alts are Mount Energy and Rescue Protocol

Treasure hunters is amazing especially when you need to visit places like HoT. The blue glow is useless while a nice map icon really helps locate hidden chests.

Other than that some of the newer maps can help you get some good loot and the odd achievement even if your not looking for it.

• Like 2

This isn't really about the cost. And teleporting to the monastery - for example and back to where you previously were (unless super far away from a waypoint) ... is similar to the way with the guild hall. For me it is too inconvenient to have a loading screen (and even in the EoD maps you might get one with an old computer - if porting within the map). Therefore better to just use the recycler all the time.

The thing with masteries would make most sense - to have a new one that allows to swap without the bench. For the mounts later masteries also improved them. (Season 4 masteries.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

This isn't really about the cost. And teleporting to the monastery - for example and back to where you previously were (unless super far away from a waypoint) ... is similar to the way with the guild hall. For me it is too inconvenient to have a loading screen (and even in the EoD maps you might get one with an old computer - if porting within the map). Therefore better to just use the recycler all the time.

The thing with masteries would make most sense - to have a new one that allows to swap without the bench. For the mounts later masteries also improved them. (Season 4 masteries.)

Or they could just take them away entirely and let us swap mods like the rest of our gear/equipment directly from our inventory. The jeweller who crafts the mods already has a workbench.

It's just a failed concept imo. Something that probably was meant for something different/more and then as development changed got less and less meaningful and they didn't (for some reason) want to throw it out entirely, but that's exactly what they should've done...again imo.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Meh, I wish they'd just get rid of the jade bot concept full stop.

Most pointless, frustrating gold sink added to the game ever. And the Offensive / Defensive buffs are ridiculously OP when you revisit non-EoD content.

As I've said numerous times before, they artificially inflated the difficulty of Canthan mobs in order to justify the existence of the Jade Bot, when they could have just left it out of the game and kept Canthan enemy stats normal compared to other OW content.

It would have been no different, and you wouldn't have been left with buffs that trivialise earlier OW content.

Oh, and Cantha wouldn't be littered with horrible, day-glo green batteries.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Meh, I wish they'd just get rid of the jade bot concept full stop.

Most pointless, frustrating gold sink added to the game ever. And the Offensive / Defensive buffs are ridiculously OP when you revisit non-EoD content.

As I've said numerous times before, they artificially inflated the difficulty of Canthan mobs in order to justify the existence of the Jade Bot, when they could have just left it out of the game and kept Canthan enemy stats normal compared to other OW content.

It would have been no different, and you wouldn't have been left with buffs that trivialise earlier OW content.

Oh, and Cantha wouldn't be littered with horrible, day-glo green batteries.

Agree entirely, I don't really understand the point of a mechanic just designed to be so strong that it makes all previous content easier by it existing due to how powerful every boon in the game at max at the start of every fight is, combined with the stat increases. It breaks most open world fights across the entire game. Unless they did that just to make it look like people were actually visiting Cantha zones, as they are the only place in the game to get batteries and the buffs. Instead of just making the bot Solar powered and having those buffs not exist. Ziplines did not need to exist either as all it does is make Kaineng city look terrible. 

Everything about the Jade bot just screams gold sink as the only reason it was designed. I'm just glad that was not the design behind mounts or gliding, so that those 2 features could actually be good. 

Edited by Gorem.8104
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1