The " Pointed Ears " package is a horror show.

16 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

[...]
But are we sure they're not supposed to look fake?

[...]

Im quite sure they are suppose to look fake. Just like Mini Festive Lord Faren - a very funny mini imo. When you look closely at his ears its pretty clear that he wears a costume, a christmas elf one to be precise. The wiki pic is not close enough to see this small detail but ingame it is visible very clearly.

I think its the same story ...

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Chay.7852 said:

Im quite sure they are suppose to look fake. Just like Mini Festive Lord Faren - a very funny mini imo. When you look closely at his ears its pretty clear that he wears a costume, a christmas elf one to be precise. The wiki pic is not close enough to see this small detail but ingame it is visible very clearly.

I think its the same story ...

If you use the endless miniature tonic from lake doric, then go to your minis tab of the hero menu, you get to see Festive Faren at full size in the preview window.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This was a cosmetic item Anet should have trusted themselves to remain firm in the decision NOT to add to the game... Guild Wars franchise doesn't have elves, and it's a refreshing take on fantasy. The fact that even the dwarves are more or less extinct is also a refreshing take, and instead we have asura ("hobbit rats") and sylvari ("plant elves") as innovative outlets and takes on these races.

Now we get all these pointy ears running around, especially flooding the reddit sub with every stupid elven cosplay that just doesn't belong in GW2 anyway 😉

Rant over.

/s too in case you don't get it - but fact remains, elven ears are stupid addition to gem store.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

I don't think they look too bad.  I think it just depends how you make the rest of your character.  For me I wouldn't wear them on my charr but I also don't like charr ears that much to begin with.  They look neat on Sylvari but I've always tried to make my Sylvari as elf like as possible.  And they look awesome on Humans and Norn.  

• Like 3