This is how I know it's time to quit the game...

kurfu.5623

• ArenaNet Staff

People ask me about the name of my pets in the game. From the start, when the devs first added pets (which I believe was in 2003) my pet was named George, to honour my kitty at the time. Each George was numbered -- George II, George XXIV, etc. -- because at first, pet death was permanent. (I know, right? Permanent!?!!!")

George was with us until 2008. We added two kitties to the family in November of 2008: brothers we named Franklin and Winston (after revered historical figures, of course). Last year, my beloved Franklin passed away, and now most of my GW2 pets bear his name... although a few retain George, as well.

This is Franklin in his favorite position... when not in my arms, impeding combat. ;)

rwesitp7ghwy.jpg

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:People ask me about the name of my pets in the game. From the start, when the devs first added pets (which I believe was in 2003) my pet was named George, to honour my kitty at the time. Each George was numbered -- George II, George XXIV, etc. -- because at first, pet death was permanent. (I know, right? Permanent!?!!!")

George was with us until 2008. We added two kitties to the family in November of 2008: brothers we named Franklin and Winston (after revered historical figures, of course). Last year, my beloved Franklin passed away, and now most of my GW2 pets bear his name... although a few retain George, as well.

This is Franklin in his favorite position... when not in my arms, impeding combat. ;)

rwesitp7ghwy.jpg

Natural particle effects blocker

I've used this mod with my dog before

When my cats Lilly and Mimi were little they liked to watch and play too.hVgy1UA.jpgbRl312B.jpg

Lilly LOVED to interrupt my games and push keys that she shouldn't push. In one of the games I played you could use a special skill only every 24 hours...guess who pushed the special skill-key while my character just stood in town and did nothing. Cute little devil.

Mimi loved to block my view all the time. She loves to give my nose little eskimo kisses(unfortunately I don't have a photo of those precious moments). You don't wanna know how many times I died just because my cats wanted attention.

As they got older they learned not to do that anymore. And they are not allowed on tables anymore. They still like to cuddle with me but most of the time they don't interrupt me anymore...But sometimes when they feel like I ignore them they push my hand away from my computer mouse and start meowing.

"Yeah sorry, sorry! How dare I ignore you, I know! Just let me finish this one little fight...oooor let me die and we cuddle now. Sure, why not?"

I can't be angry with them, I love my little babies <3

And now I just realized that I don't have a SINGLE photo of my cats with GW2 in the background. Shame on me! xD Maybe I will be able to change that in the future :)

edit:

Lilly is actually named Prinzessin Lillegrim. Lillegrim comes from a game character from the game "Harveys new Eyes" by Daedelic Entertainment. And Mimi is named after Madam Mim from the animated disney film "The Sword in the Stone" :D But calling them Lilly and Mimi is easier, I am lazy :P

My cat doesn't stand passively in front of the monitor. If she's decided it's cuddle time, she puts her paws on me. If I ignore her, she climbs onto my chest and clings there till I give her a support arm. Then she kneads the other arm--claws out-- until it does its job and scratches her head, as my character goes suddenly and mysteriously AFK.

in 2006 when i first bought Guildwars My Cat Timmy was always sitting on my lap and pawing the screen when he saw a ranger pet on the screen, he'd paw at regular characters too but he tended to do it more with ranger feline pets cause to him it probably looked like a mouse, he was about 6 months old then & he grew out of doing that & now 11 years later he still trys to distract me from the computer by meowing for dinner at 3pm when his actual dinner time is at 6pm :)

The not-mine cat (not mine, because she's a neighbours' cat, just doesn't seem to know it) usualy tries to hide behind the monitor. Woe to any and all hands/fingers that get close. They get attacked without remorse.Yes, she can reach from her hiding space to the top row of keys on keyboard. I learned not to try to use any function keys when she's watching.

One of mine has a simple method when he wants attention and I'm on the computer, he lies down straight across my mouse arm, so I can't use the mouse, the other just marches to and fro across my keyboard in front of the monitor. In either case I've no real choice but to stop and pay attention to the kitties.

Then of course there was the time I was doing the Ironman challenge on WoW, several times I had to admit to death due to cat interference.

A couple of years ago we lost our old Ragdoll cat to old age. I couldn't help but create a charr in memory of him. Grey face and paws, white body and a white mane taken from the restyle kit, as well as the more gentle face that is in there. My only regret was that he really should have had the fluffy tail that the female charr get, but he was fairly close. I made him a guardian, because he was the type of cat that like to be friends with everyone and everything and that seemed to fit best.

Unfortunately not being on instagram and the like I have to leave it up to people's imagination.

@czerwoni.9563 said:my catmanders found the surge protector power-button light a fun new toy....

i was right near the end of dragons reach meta and poof

Oh dear °A°

I am lucky that my cats don't do something like that. That sounds more like my little sister. She loved to ruin my games...plucking the power cord and deleting my memory cards from my playstation were her specialty. But she isn't a cat so she had no excuse and I got my revenge! xD

Man, remembering all of her shenanigans I am really glad I am an adult now and living really far away from her :P I don't wanna turn into a murderer. xD

Archived