Vindicator Dodge

KeoLegend.5132

1 hour ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

vindi atm can be in perma dodge: (this will make the target u heal and barrier give u direct  endurance), did a +15  for  several minutes with  damage and non damage version, this changes was mega stupid, i dont even use minstrell papega stats...

traits vind -> reaver curse + saint shield

from centaur -> clear condi on dodge and gain direct endurance on clear condi

from jalis -> vigor on evade + viscious reprisal if doing perma leap damage since will give u might

i know i wrote on this several times. you forgot song of the mists

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

I think we could argue for 37 small 39 huge honestly. As a full melee build it probably should bench the same/more than power virt who is 38k with range

true, but the thing is, i think 39k shoukd be the most a dps should do, i mean bosses dont realy need that much dmg if youre not speedrunning or something

3 hours ago, Polar.8634 said:

i know i wrote on this several times. you forgot song of the mists

actually if u are on party u wont need it, the targets u apply barrier with the leap will fill a full dodge basicly,  plus condi removal with ventari traits and leap will also give direct endurance per condi cleansed, with this alone u can have quite some dodge spam.

Song of the mist and the shiro Riposting Shadows that will also give u direct endurance but imo those are redudancies  in case u need faster spam.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

Tested the new dodge in Verdant Brink and a little WvW, so a good amount of mobs ranging from squishy to semi tanky in PvE and Zergs in WvW, and overall I like the new dodge, it makes a already fun spec even funner but it's not without issues. 

The biggest issue is that as a DPS, Vindicator still seems to suck, most I've seen people bench with a optimal setup on a golem is around 33k pre patch, my Vindi is eqiuped with open world gear so I can't really test for that DPS now but 33k for a spec that can't heal, give swiftness or alac is pretty pitiful, it'd be fine if Vindi could be kitted for more then just DPS but idk if that will happen even with the changes. 

Working my way towards Cele gear, might try and bring a cele Heal VIndicator to Boneskinner or training KO and see how it fares when I do get it all, all I need is transmutation charges cause rn it looks fugly lol.

Trait where you get 1sec(now 2) seconds of resistance and it is concidered buff, why we even have traits that gives you 1sec "buff" i dont have this lowkey traits on other classes 

But please lets keep convo on dodge. Im sorry i bringed this up.

Edited by Catchyfx.5768
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, QuinQuin.9136 said:

My entire problem with this is that they decided to focus on 1 dodge vs 2 rather than make Vindicator relevant in all content. 

This.  I liked Vindicator with its one dodge.  It felt like a cool move to pull off, and you had other sources of evasion as needed.  The problem is that so much was loaded into that dodge the rest of the spec rarely felt impactful.  Greatsword and utilities all felt very samey in terms of damage, your heals and sustain were never enough if you really got in trouble, and despite having two legends to swap between, it felt like you never really had any interesting options.  It felt like a one-trick pony, and while I liked that trick, it wasn't enough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Catchyfx.5768 said:

Trait where you get 1sec(now 2) seconds of resistance and it is concidered buff, why we even have traits that gives you 1sec "buff" i dont have this lowkey traits on other classes 

But please lets keep convo on dodge. Im sorry i bringed this up.

This is actually relevant to the dodge though in some ways so I’m glad you brought this up. Having to halve all the effects of boon extension, endurance gain, boons, etc from the dodge change just makes it all feel bad. 1s duration and minuscule values always feel bad and these changes haven’t done anything to help that 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Would a better design have been to let Vindicator do a normal dodge roll at 50 endurance and then enable the jump attack above some endurance threshold, say 90 or even the full 100, with an indicator or color change on the bar to see that you're above the threshold?

I haven't played Vindicator much and don't know what the unintended consequences would be, so genuine question for the experts.

Not going to get into the debate, but just wanted to say I was one of the people who liked it the way it was. I never came to the forums to comment on it because... well, I guess it's easier to speak out about things you dislike, right?

Vindicator was never a terribly complex class to play, and having its one dodge definitely helped to add a bit of complexity and strategic usage to it. It's certainly not terrible now after the change, but I think it definitely loses some of its original "flair" and appeal too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

On 10/7/2022 at 5:03 AM, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Not everyone wanted 2 dodges, the 2 dodge crowd was just super vocal about it before the change. 

exactly, if gw2 had a in game poll system (actually they had, remember he LA elections) I wouldn't be surprised if 1 dodge crowd overwhelmingly dominates the 2. 

Edited by artharon.9276
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, artharon.9276 said:

exactly, if gw2 had a in game poll system (actually they had, remember he LA elections) I wouldn't be surprised if 1 dodge crowd overwhelmingly dominates the 2. 

And most of those people play open world pve with mismatched gear. Having less then two dodges doesn’t work. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2