[Suggestion] remove the animal abuse from the quest Elixir Recipe (Living World Season 3)

Elixir Recipe is a quest you have to complete in order to advance the story of Living World Season 3. For the quest, you need four chicken feathers. The only way to get them is to kick a chicken, it falls over and you have have the feather. It gets up again as if it isn't hurt, but of course it is.

My Commander is precious to me and they are kind to animals. So please, give an alternative for gathering the feathers. We could pick fallen feathers from the ground for example. It's the game's tenth year anniversy. I would consider that a great present.

Edited by UncrushablePigeon.8760
too much space between my paragraphs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 27
  • Sad 4

59 minutes ago, UncrushablePigeon.8760 said:

Elixir Recipe is a quest you have to complete in order to advance the story of Living World Season 3. For the quest, you need four chicken feathers. The only way to get them is to kick a chicken, it falls over and you have have the feather. It gets up again as if it isn't hurt, but of course it is.

My Commander is precious to me and they are kind to animals. So please, give an alternative for gathering the feathers. We could pick fallen feathers from the ground for example. It's the game's tenth year anniversy. I would consider that a great present.

You do know that this is not real and that it’s a video game, right? You have no problem with the commander killing tigers, Charr, Asura and other animals or killing humans? 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, UncrushablePigeon.8760 said:

Maybe they're Uncrushable Chickens?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Zero.1028 said:

Do you have mounts because you literally enslave animals when we have the technology to create vehicles for transportation, so your Commander isn't really that kind to animals if you think about it.

Hey, my mounts are willing and highly compensated Team Members who have applied in advance using Monster.com (because they are monsters) and have gone a lengthy interview and drug testing process. I offer such competitive benefits as full healthcare and a 401K, plus two weeks of PTO. My mount engagement surveys consistently rank 4 out of five in all categories. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Squeesidhe.4761 said:

Hey, my mounts are willing and highly compensated Team Members who have applied in advance using Monster.com (because they are monsters) and have gone a lengthy interview and drug testing process. I offer such competitive benefits as full healthcare and a 401K, plus two weeks of PTO. My mount engagement surveys consistently rank 4 out of five in all categories. 

kitten I just work mine until they're exhausted lol

• Haha 1

The commander, if played through all of the game's various events, zones,etc is a murder hobo and a thief (consider what going onto someone else's farm and "gathering" vegetables without permission is called...hope the farmer can still feed his family). Kicking a chicken is the least of his/her crimes.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

You also need 8 clumps of suet for that recipe. Either you're killing animals to get it or killing Sons/Icebrood (meaning formerly sentient peers) and harvesting their body to get it.

Not sure how you made it all the way to LW3 if you find kicking a chicken (which is fine afterward) to be too much since there's a lot of murder and killing of animals leading up to that point, either as a story step or as collateral damage.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

We clearly need to remove all killing from the game. In the process let's get rid of all the weapons and all the offensive magics and only ever have magic that gives us boons. Come to think of it, we should get rid of armor as well, and also all stats except healing power, vitality, and concentration. That way, no one will be killing precious beings.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I did think it was a bit strange they required you to kick a neutral chicken, its not something I liked.

This is war. There's no such thing as neutrality. If the chicken's not for you, she's against you.

All it takes for the Dragons to win is for the chickens to stay uncommitted.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

It's amazing the number of people who are upset/offended by the mere idea of kicking a chicken in a game that emphasizes killings. Of course, there are lines which should not be crossed but I'm sure Anet is well aware of those.

If you do farm in Bitterfrost often, you'll encounter the horrified comments from a few players. Maybe for them, the mere suggestion of such a thing is repulsive. For me, it is just funny. A break from an otherwise mindless killing spree as I do the achievements. What's even funnier is when you aggro the chicken enough, it'll insta-downed you no matter what armor you have on.

Oh, the feathers are great for cleaning off the bloods from the Trolls that prey on the innocent Grawls.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Haha 1

Okay, I'm not a supporter of "remove this quest because innocent chickens", but a lot of you are conveniently ignoring that there is a distinction between hostile and non-hostile creatures in game.

Yes we kill a lot of different kinds of foes, but they are red named to indicate their hostile intent.

Now, on the other hand, I don't know how the OP has been so careful as to never slaughter innocent yellow animals. Wandering deer and moa love to come stand between me and the monster I'm currently fighting and there's no controlling my wild cleave. OP is clearly more skilled than me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

The commander, if played through all of the game's various events, zones,etc is a murder hobo and a thief (consider what going onto someone else's farm and "gathering" vegetables without permission is called...hope the farmer can still feed his family). Kicking a chicken is the least of his/her crimes.

Yeh I murder innocent farmers for cauliflower.  Cold blooded there, I don't even like cauliflower. 

Imagine they're roosters and they're going to flog you because you're messing with them.  You'll punt them.

Edited by Farohna.6247

19 minutes ago, Tsakhi.8124 said:

And don't the chickens get their revenge on you later? If I recall, they cluster you and immediately put you in fight for your life state. When that happened to me, I just laughed and said: "Fair enough, chickens, fair enough." 

Yes, you spend months or years to get your legendary armor set, only to be one-punched by a chicken.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The person who lives on the street behind me, with their yard right behind mine, has chickens. The chickens go off at the drop of a hat. Constantly. At all hours of the day, for hours on end, with amazingly loud, screeching squawks and clucks. Do you have any idea how often I've longed to punt those chickens to the moon!? Bitterfrost is cathartic! 🤪

...also, it's pixels, and you've been killing pixel-animals (and pixel-people) for years. There is no animal abuse. If this is actually a serious post, stop overreacting and go outside for a while, get re-acquainted with reality. It'll do you good.

• Like 6