Call to Anet: Abolish the matchmaking system and ranked pvp

JTGuevara.9018

It's time to end this farce. Enough is enough. NOBODY is enjoying pvp. Not the new players coming via Steam that and certainly not the veterans. The ONLY people enjoying this train wreck are the shills, fools and try-hards. The matchmaking system that gw2 has cobbled together, along with ranked pvp has been nothing short of an unmitigated DISASTER. From top to bottom. There is no fixing this. It needs to be burned to the ground.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

42 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

I agree on the no fun part, it takes 5 mins into a match to realize I'm having no fun and we still pre mat post patch,  when ppl are trying out builds, when we get to the point 80% of the game will be spamming the 3, 4 mat winner builds it'll be even more boring

A ridiculous song and dance. When does it ever end?...(shakes head)

Just shut it down already...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

This isn't your political subreddit populated by 12 year olds. Take this nonsense elsewhere. 

HAH! It's only "political" if you don't like what's being said! Nah, I think I'll stay.

Take a look at pvp and tell me with a straight face that it should be showcased to the world in the pitiful state it currently is. Anet needs to come clean, either shut it down or lay down the hammer on these match-manipulating schmucks.

• Like 1

Strange post. If nobody is enjoying ranked conquest PvP, why are they playing it? Are these all masochists? 😕

I while ago I made a post explaining why I think the ranked matchmaking is great. And this is still my opinion.
But let's say ArenaNet removes ranked. Now what? Play unranked? Rewards are far worse there. I don't recommend anyone to play unranked unless they are testing some build/profession because unranked rewards are not worth it. And what about the ranked PvP achievements? Many players in GW2 care about achievements and AP. Deleting ranked PvP makes a lot of achievement inaccessible to new players. ArenaNet is just working on making the Living World Season 1 achievements accessible to all players. I don't like to see a repeat of this mistake.

I would say: Just keep ranked conquest PvP. Improve on it where possible but mostly work on other sPvP modes besides conquest. Stronghold only has one map and can't be played in ranked. This can be fixed. GW1 had many nice and popular PvP modes. Alliance Battles, Fort Aspenwood, The Jade Quarry, Heroes Ascent. All with their own rewards and achievements. (titles in GW1) Why not implement some of these so we have some more choice besides conquest?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

HAH! It's only "political" if you don't like what's being said! Nah, I think I'll stay.

Take a look at pvp and tell me with a straight face that it should be showcased to the world in the pitiful state it currently is. Anet needs to come clean, either shut it down or lay down the hammer on these match-manipulating schmucks.

Political because of your rhetoric and terminology, and it's very obvious. You didn't offer a solution, just insisted that something be done away with.

It's childish, unproductive, and akin to a two year old throwing a tantrum. Therefore, it can be ignored just as easily. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Strange post. If nobody is enjoying ranked conquest PvP, why are they playing it? Are these all masochists? 😕

I while ago I made a post explaining why I think the ranked matchmaking is great. And this is still my opinion.
But let's say ArenaNet removes ranked. Now what? Play unranked? Rewards are far worse there. I don't recommend anyone to play unranked unless they are testing some build/profession because unranked rewards are not worth it. And what about the ranked PvP achievements? Many players in GW2 care about achievements and AP. Deleting ranked PvP makes a lot of achievement inaccessible to new players. ArenaNet is just working on making the Living World Season 1 achievements accessible to all players. I don't like to see a repeat of this mistake.

I would say: Just keep ranked conquest PvP. Improve on it where possible but mostly work on other sPvP modes besides conquest. Stronghold only has one map and can't be played in ranked. This can be fixed. GW1 had many nice and popular PvP modes. Alliance Battles, Fort Aspenwood, The Jade Quarry, Heroes Ascent. All with their own rewards and achievements. (titles in GW1) Why not implement some of these so we have some more choice besides conquest?

Because it’s profitable and people think they have the slightest chance in a rigged system?

Mainly because it’s profitable and unranked is a cesspool of people queue dodging with high elo premades.

Leave the matchmaking system, merge ranked and unranked, and remove titles/gizmos/leaderboards.

Having leaderboards is a joke in this game. Between clique tactics and infrequent balance patches.. or patches removing a boon they apparently couldn’t remove the first time they said they did…

Weeks later…

It’s a joke. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Political because of your rhetoric and terminology, and it's very obvious. You didn't offer a solution, just insisted that something be done away with.

It's childish, unproductive, and akin to a two year old throwing a tantrum. Therefore, it can be ignored just as easily. 

I did offer a solution: get rid of ranked! You just didn't like it! Just be honest with it. If you want to say otherwise, make your case.

6 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

I while ago I made a post explaining why I think the ranked matchmaking is great.

And that's where I stopped reading. People play because of rewards, simple as that. Because ranked is such a disaster, it needed ridiculous amount of loot to bring people in.

Edited by JTGuevara.9018
typo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

But that would require Stronghold and Spirit Watch becoming available for ranked, which many people seem to be allergic to.

I'd like to see them put Spirit Watch, Stronghold, Courtyard, right into the map shuffle selection.

I wouldn't mind getting a surprise Stronghold/Courtyard game every once in awhile.

• Like 7

Hey guys long time gw2 player here.

One of the most frustrating things to happen as of late is getting put on team with late starters. They just sit in spawn for the 30 secs and then finally start to participate then get upset when we don't win. A late start is pretty much a guaranteed loss in rank. At the beginning of gw2 life this kind of thing didn't happen much. Now it happens very frequently. I'd say 3 out of 5 matches it happens for me. Its quite sad. 

Forgot to add, the bots. The same one that has been spamming sanctuary mid point is still here years later.

Edited by Aza.2105
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

They might very well be with how niche and low its population is.

9 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

I while ago I made a post explaining why I think the ranked matchmaking is great.

That's very cool that you think that. I recommend you continue to think about it really hard, maybe stare at the leaderboards and just silently wonder what happened to the entire plat1/plat2 population as you do.

As to removing ranked...

Nah, nty. Why? Well its simple really, it would feel better to take Ranked back from the cartel and the DuoQ simps than it would be to just delete everything and for that we're going to need more people. 

Generally speaking people like having more options so i'm more on board with @Trevor Boyer.6524's idea. More Ranked, more options, gamemodes, etc. Whatever people need and want, and i'll add in that more Ranked arenas like a separate Solos arena and a teams arena to address the dogwater matchmaking, and it is dogwater with no discernable accuracy, maybe even catwater now that i'm thinking about it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I'd like to see them put Spirit Watch, Stronghold, Courtyard, right into the map shuffle selection.

I wouldn't mind getting a surprise Stronghold/Courtyard game every once in awhile.

Man...Courtyard...I remember those days.

Of course, the ones who got spawn-camped complained about it to Anet and had it removed because we cannot have nice things, apparently. It was also 5v5, I believe.

On 10/18/2022 at 7:55 AM, JTGuevara.9018 said:

It's time to end this farce. Enough is enough. NOBODY is enjoying pvp. Not the new players coming via Steam that and certainly not the veterans. The ONLY people enjoying this train wreck are the shills, fools and try-hards. The matchmaking system that gw2 has cobbled together, along with ranked pvp has been nothing short of an unmitigated DISASTER. From top to bottom. There is no fixing this. It needs to be burned to the ground.

Hi there fellow Sith Lord. I too think everything is bad, even though everything should be good. Let's destroy everything togheter, because nothing cannot be bad.

• Haha 3

To be Perfectly honest I think it is getting better but very slowly.

As more Elite Specialization get un-nerfed we will see more diversity, this will mean we can start to reinstate Roles to try and counter the Randomness that is every profession being good. 

I have said for along time that the real problem is the Ranking System, I would drop the over all Ranks by one so everyone in Bronze is moved up into Silver. The problem we currently have is only one person in the whole NA is ranked Legendary. PvP should be a good way to get your daily and Gold if you willing to play more than one match. (An extra Pip for first match after reset is a good idea)

Provide people real Meta Templates and even add more Stat combinations trinkets. If you can play it WvW their should be sPvP version, I'm fine with some of the states being toned down (no Celestials) but something equivalent should be in sPvP.
PvP should be fun and bringing some insane build to the mix should be the real Meta and this is where the PvP is heading.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

23 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Man...Courtyard...I remember those days.

Of course, the ones who got spawn-camped complained about it to Anet and had it removed because we cannot have nice things, apparently. It was also 5v5, I believe.

I wasn't around for those days, but couldn't this have been solved by tweaking the map design?

35 minutes ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

Hi there fellow Sith Lord. I too think everything is bad, even though everything should be good. Let's destroy everything togheter, because nothing cannot be bad.

I have nothing to say to deadeyes(or mechanists). Two troll specs that should've never seen the light of day. By the way, Star Trek is better...

1 minute ago, Kuma.1503 said:

I wasn't around for those days, but couldn't this have been solved by tweaking the map design?

Yes. As a matter of fact, I remember the suggestions were proposed on the old forums years ago. (Man, how time flies...) Alas, that was never addressed!

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 7:55 AM, JTGuevara.9018 said:

i made the sadistic error to look trough your posts on your profile and understand that you're actually not a troll and you're actually a real cringelord.

Pvp is in a bad state? yes, mostly because of matchmaking (i sometimes get gold players while i'm in plat 2) and because wintraders (wich really affects around 100 persons of the whole pvp pool).

Is it still enjoyable? yes, otherwise you wouldn't see people que in it since pve rewards are far better gold wise. Therefore removing ranked would do more harm than good, case dismissed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2