Support Vindicator WvW Nerf

Grand Archon Phoenix.2801

TBH at this point I think vindicator (at least support) was better off with the single dodge, given the sheer amount of nerfs this has needed ever since the change, they clearly never really thought this through all the way and are currently playing it by ear so to speak.

Also not really sure what the point in increasing the energy cost AND the CD on Tree song, this only really hurts its ability to cleanse (which other professions can do much better already), it was never really any good for getting a ton of endurance back.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Nomad.4301 said:

Also not really sure what the point in increasing the energy cost AND the CD on Tree song, this only really hurts its ability to cleanse (which other professions can do much better already), it was never really any good for getting a ton of endurance back.

Well now that they nerfed its cooldown, can they fix the atrocious aftercast animation where the cool down doesn't actually start for another 1.5 to 2s after the effect lands? On paper its now 5s, but it plays more like 7s. (same goes for scavengers burst)

You wait 3 years to do any meaningful nerfs to scrapper in WvW but the moment another specialization is good you nerf it into the ground, so guess what back to scrapper. Absolutely ridiculous.

It doesn't matter if you do 5 small patches that are full of good changes it just takes one like this to go back to square one.

What the heck is the point of a boon with 0.5s base duration?? We're going to run 600 concentration just to get 0.25s more????? Reducing the endurance generation is already a lot then nerfing every single useful thing it's dodges do is over the top.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

i feel like they need to just go back and revert the boon duration and some endurance changes back to pre-mad king patch, i am ok with the cleanse/barrier/healing nerf, but they need to revert and buff one of them to compensate until they can rework the traits, because this kind of makes it's already semi-weak utility, other then it's most useful skill *cleansing*, mostly useless outside of small scale fights which aren't really a thing unless you're running a havoc squad or roaming but you might as well not tag up for that anyway on vindicator.

• Thanks 7

1 hour ago, Henrik.7560 said:

What the heck is the point of a boon with 0.5s base duration??

I'm pretty sure the point is to remove these boons from those game-modes (PvP & WvW) entirely without actually modifying the skill in PvE (AkA being lazy) in much the same way that they previously used 300s CDs to effectively remove passive traits from the game.

Edited by Nomad.4301
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I am a rev main that has been playing only this class and no other for 3 years, and I can finally say that Arena Net has disappointed me after I still clung to that string of hope. Anet has a tendency to buff a class then realize it's broken, and they will nerf it to the point where it is unviable. This is why I didn't want Vindicator to change because I knew it was going to be the next victim of Anet's poor (rather honestly terrible) judgement. I agreed that Vindicator needed a second nerf, but they took it too far. These nerfs are just petty and ridiculous. They should have left Vindicator alone because the one dodge felt like it was something special to the class, and if you manage the endurance right, you would already practically have 80% dodge uptime. Did Anet actually think Vindicator wasn't going to be broken with the second dodge? The only redeeming feature of vindicator is it's healing and decent condi cleansing. You're just taking that away from them.

Also what I find funny the most is that they nerfed Vindicator, but not Druid? Anet have you seen druid's outrageous healing and condi cleanses? Doesn't seem like it >.>

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Any skill or trait with a 0.5 second duration outside i-frames should be deleted from the game and replaced by something different.

Very unimpressed by the CMC abilities to balance the game. Of curse ANet is to blame due the game should have a PTR running before any major patch just to prevent the balance and bugs to become a clown fiesta, but now we are stepping in kafkian landscapes: ANet just implemented in 4th October a PvP nerf to Glint's quickness replacing that boon for might, and now has to half Vindicator's might procs. The whole Vindicator traitline is garbage.

Fortunately PvP is a dead game mode, so this won't hurt the Rev too much. That and the fact that both Renegade and Herald and way better at PvE...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

WvW: Yea I also disagree with this nerf. Heal Vindi felt pretty balanced after the initial hotfixes. You could argue that maybe Heal Vindi had a bit too much healing, but it was certainly worse at cleansing than Druid or Tempest (not that it was bad at cleansing, it just had less overall output compared to those specs). 

If they had nerfed just the healing from Saint's Shield, I would've been ok with that. But the other nerfs are all overboard IMO.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Daoyun.3157 said:

I am a rev main that has been playing only this class and no other for 3 years, and I can finally say that Arena Net has disappointed me after I still clung to that string of hope. Anet has a tendency to buff a class then realize it's broken, and they will nerf it to the point where it is unviable. This is why I didn't want Vindicator to change because I knew it was going to be the next victim of Anet's poor (rather honestly terrible) judgement. I agreed that Vindicator needed a second nerf, but they took it too far. These nerfs are just petty and ridiculous. They should have left Vindicator alone because the one dodge felt like it was something special to the class, and if you manage the endurance right, you would already practically have 80% dodge uptime. Did Anet actually think Vindicator wasn't going to be broken with the second dodge? The only redeeming feature of vindicator is it's healing and decent condi cleansing. You're just taking that away from them.

Also what I find funny the most is that they nerfed Vindicator, but not Druid? Anet have you seen druid's outrageous healing and condi cleanses? Doesn't seem like it >.>

one dodge wasnt special for vind as Mirage has been victim to that for a while now and as for Druid's cleanses...that was effectively nerfed last patch when their main (and big) cleanse (Going into CA form) went from 13 condis cleansed to 3. When there are classes that poop out condis like they are going out of style this hit druids harder than some ppl think as this was their main reason they won vs these classes.

While I agree that these nerfs to vindi were a tad over the top, it was annoying to fight those near perma dodge rev's.

Edited by Bigpapasmurf.5623
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Rysdude.3824 said:

kitten...I was about to give vindicator a try.  This update was the quickest enthusiasm killer.

If only they were that quick with mechanists and firebrands. Oh and nevermind those thiefs in wvw with million dodges and mobility with perma stealth, its all good in that departament

Edited by soul.9651
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Disapointed.  WvW player here. 

The vindicator was okay after the first hotfix. 

Why destroy it? 

It was refreshing to be able to play differents supports in the game. Now we will just see druid and elem... (And ofc hfb because nothing can replace him) Great game design. 

Also, in the dps version, vindi was cool to play. Different from herald. Now... Well let's go back to herald I guess. 

Very bad patch Anet. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Nomad.4301 said:

I'm pretty sure the point is to remove these boons from those game-modes (PvP & WvW) entirely without actually modifying the skill in PvE (AkA being lazy) in much the same way that they previously used 300s CDs to effectively remove passive traits from the game.

This. It's a smiters boon. They have probably decided that vigor is too strong on the class in pvp ( because you can stack it with other vindis or other outside boon sources ) and want to force you into Angsiyan's trust, which they can actually control with a cooldown.

The issue is every nerf on dodge of vindi "heal" will impact vindi dps.
But the main difference is vindi DPS has to use one of his dodge to buff himself to get decent damage to compete with herald (without it it sucks, -15% damage is huge).
So as a vindi DPS, in a zerg engage, you still have to play with one dodge, which is a main disadvantage compare to over class (DH for instance).

They have to keep the balance between a clean mech of high risk high reward for vindi dps and kinda the same for the heal.
Why not a HUGE buff on heal, keep the barrier boost on dodge and delete all the healing of the didge on vindi heal ?
Like that you cant spam dodge (because you will not heal at all, just buff your heal) and you have to use dodge as a buff, same as vindi dps.

thanks for opening a feed back thread for the stealth nerfs. lets keep all stupid stuff on other classes but vindi is the offender of it all.

might well just roll back vindi to 1 good dodge at this point. .5sec......wtf 2sec for wvw and pvp would been nerf enough. tree song more energy cost and icd increase.... about only 2 things id complain about.

Reaver's Rage please make instant =3

Edited by GenerationX.9178
  • Thanks 2