Pull Wars 2

senftube.6081

Realistically, never.

Pulls are used today because it's the only way to engage at an advantage.

Run at the enemy blob with boons up?  Congrats, you just spent cooldowns for the engage and they negate stab with boon denial and cc-lock you with AoE nukes.

Run at the enemy without boons up?  They drop ranged CC first and it's the same outcome.

Try to kill at range?  With simple raw AoE damage with spells like Meteor Shower, mobility creep today allows for easy rushes forward through all of it before even taking real damage, or peeling back and running away to reset and punish spent cooldowns.  Same as above.  Via projectiles?  Perma-reflect/block.

Buff unblockable ranged projectiles or nerf negation?  Cool, now you have Pirate Ship metas where it's hours of zergs just tugging each other off at range doing nothing and spamming heals.   It never ends, and it breaks small-scale even more.

This is ANet's vision of what they want GW2's combat to look like.  Straight up.  Unless they more or less revert to the design of the core game's approach to combat and massively dial back virtually every single facet of powercreep across all of the professions since HoT, it's just never improving, because cutting back on any singular facet and not all of them together will keep large scale broken one way or another.

Can't fix pulls without fixing the boonball without also adjusting boon denial and the absolute insanity that is this game's CC-spamming-fiesta and self-sustain all at once.

So yeah, not to be defeatist but literally it's never getting better unless ANet actually has the balls to nerf PvE, which given how PvE players respond to losing any amount of power ever, they will never do lol.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Want to know what's funny? they're doing the pulls to firebrand commanders.... there's no excuse why they don't have stab up in the middle of fights. Only thing I would object to is engineers having a better moa than mesmers, but hey it's engineers they deserve favoritism everywhere apparently.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

(Activates  Scorpion, Hanzo Hasashi from Mortal Kombat)

Me: (pulls  an enemy when he/she is  about to use  a charging skill) Come here!

Also me: (pulls  the opponent while he/she is trying to heal) Get over here!

Edited by Sylvia.4870

8 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Only thing I would object to is engineers having a better moa than mesmers, but hey it's engineers they deserve favoritism everywhere apparently.

Considering there is no contract negotiation going on therefore no Memorandum of Agreement... what the heck is "moa"?

And my engineer has absolutely 0 cc removal tools in my preferred build. I win by skill alone.  So I'm not sure where this "favoritism" to engineers actually exists. Engimeers have zero useful elite skills now.

Oh wait.. do you actually mean the ability to turn someone into a "moa bird"?  In the last year I've seen it used 3 times. (Not once on the last 4 months) I think that says how valued that ability as compared to other choices.  

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

One day i was on my scourge,saw enemy engie waiting and jumping on mountain edge across quentin lake,at the spot where catas are to open it!
Im going and he did same thing,pull and knock me down! I fall and died,he laughed!
I went 4 times and fear him all 4 and he fall and died!
Whispered and called me tr@sh.
I bet i ruined his video 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Considering there is no contract negotiation going on therefore no Memorandum of Agreement... what the heck is "moa"?

Why are you even in this discussion if you don't even know your class?

And my engineer has absolutely 0 cc removal tools in my preferred build. I win by skill alone.  So I'm not sure where this "favoritism" to engineers actually exists.

Good for you? you choose to run without stun breaks, don't care.

Has nothing to do with question of favoritism.

Engimeers have zero useful elite skills now.

Oh wait.. do you actually mean the ability to turn someone into a "moa bird"?  In the last year I've seen it used 3 times. (Not once on the last 4 months) I think that says how valued that ability as compared to other choices.  

ok?

and?

Maybe watch the video that's the topic of discussion?

18 hours ago, Yunari.9065 said:

When is such crap nerfed? High mobility, invul, stealth and a kitten load Pulls only for griefing players.

there is nothing here to be nerfed.

unless you are speaking for the players that following meme commanders with meme classes / builds for commanding that are too lazy to press buttons to activate aegis or stability ...

p.s. the build is used here is a CORE ENG build. Why this couldn't happen before 10 years? i am writting this to prevent unaccessary answers....

Edited by Reborn.2934
  • Thanks 4

Well there are pull builds for which running pulls is actually optimal like Reaper and Dragonhunter. However this engi build does seems like griefing your team indirectly. What if enemy has too much stab? What if the enemy commander just reacts to it by stunbreaking and dodging? You just have useless player then..

There is a reason these builds only show their heads at stacked servers. I just thank every enemy engineer that plays this useless stuff.

But ye, they should remove the toolkit pull if its only purpose is to grieve new commanders. People already have pretty hard time getting into WvW with all the veterans destroying them .

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Confused 4

I was expecting DH, mesmer or necro pulls plus some corrupts. Magnet pull with a single engi running up? The thing that requires LoS and gets obstructed by any thingy?

If your boonball can't stop a single magnet pull, then get some new firebrands.

Also notice in most non-cliff/gimmick scenarios that all you really get for pulling the commander is the entire zerg leaps on you.

Other than that, don't stand near cliffs.  I guess we can feel sorry for the boon blobmander which might actually have a chance of dying that can be represented as a positive integer if they don't stunbreak, nobody else stunbreaks or illusions, or don't just flat out rally due to random kills.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, Turgon.2091 said:

Lipton / AMX crew. The biggest TRASH of WvW. We call them degenerates. : having lost the mental, or moral qualities considered normal and desirable; showing evidence of decline.

Dismissing these nutjobs as "a basket of deplorables" might seem clever, but you need to take them seriously, they're a very dangerous and extremist subset of the community. Give them the respect they deserve, acknowledge that they've got ... certain views and then lobby heavily to prevent further issues.

15 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

And my engineer has absolutely 0 cc removal tools in my preferred build. I win by skill alone.  So I'm not sure where this "favoritism" to engineers actually exists. Engimeers have zero useful elite skills now.

You running a handicap build doesn’t prove or disprove whether or not Engineer is favored/less nerfed/better off/whatever terminology you want to throw in than other professions. It just means you are running a handicap.
Also having no stun breaks or stability (which is what I assume you mean by “0 cc removal tools”) doesn’t mean you are winning by “skill alone”. 

43 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

You running a handicap build doesn’t prove or disprove whether or not Engineer is favored/less nerfed/better off/whatever terminology you want to throw in than other professions. It just means you are running a handicap.
Also having no stun breaks or stability (which is what I assume you mean by “0 cc removal tools”) doesn’t mean you are winning by “skill alone”. 

My best is me vs 6. My second best is me vs 5. No cc removal so I can get imob'd, pulled, knocked back, dazed, stunned....

So if I am defeating multiple people regularly, up to 5 and 6 yet I have barely 16k hit points.... and odds are almost everyone is trying to use a cc skill or trait.... then yes. It is skill. It means I am working timing to such an extent I survive. That I'm using skills in such a way that even when any of the above cc occurs I still survive through the onslaught coming my way. 

It also means I am able, with skill, to maneuver multiple enemies to where I can be most effective and them least.

So yeah. Skill

😆 🤣 😂 

NERF? What was the impact?  He danced around awhile and then pulled one person to their death?  Then what; run all the way back and repeat?  How is this OP in any sense?  It's just meme-fodder, like warriors luring people up the mountain and then fearing them off (or Necros, etc).

It's just some dude creating a video, not the end of balance in WvW.

Nerf.  Hah.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 4