Tower of nightmares = dead content

rune.9572

That's the reason I am hurrying up to complete that episode on various characters. (Obsessive-compulsive on story completion.) So far I managed to still do it last week, but it is getting more and more hit and miss in terms of success rate. It was fine in the first couple of weeks, but people will now move on to newer and better things. New players trickling through the story will have an unsatisfactory experience.

If they someone eased up the pain of running the gauntlet to reach the zerg, it would do wonders. That would mean either weaker foes or a much lower respawn rate. Maybe have Kasmeer port you to wherever the current event is taking place if there are at least, say, three people there?

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, rune.9572 said:

So, the story rails you into this pseudo dungeon... but nobody's doing it XD not even a group in LFG. I'm not going to solo it lmao, do devs even think about content longevity in this game?

No.  Welcome to GW2.  If there's anything that requires a group, your best off rushing to get it completed within the first week of release otherwise you're going to be in for a struggle.

• Like 5
  • Confused 7

When will they finally learn and realise that people are waitting for new raids and fractals? no wonder why noone played drms nor is playing tower of nightmares... It would make sence for them to make content which is more popular among all instanced content, and at least at EU lfg is good indicator what is beeing played the most.. and what a surprise its the same old fractals, raids, and strikes.. so why cant they just settle down and keep making new content among those 3..

Edited by soul.9651
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 16

15 hours ago, rune.9572 said:

So, the story rails you into this pseudo dungeon... but nobody's doing it XD not even a group in LFG. I'm not going to solo it lmao, do devs even think about content longevity in this game?

I've gone in to the tower (public) a few times in the last 2 weeks, and not once have I found an empty instance.

And as soon as I located some more players I put up a tag and told people it's there to keep us together. I always ended with about 20 people completing the tower.

So in my experience it's not dead content but still at least somewhat alive. Not sure how long it'll stay that way though.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, soul.9651 said:

When will they finally learn and realise that people are waitting for new raids and fractals?

I guess I am not 'people' and I am not waiting for new raids. I would be content if they abandoned the idea of raids and strikes completely.

Edited by Blude.6812
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Luks.4230 said:

mhh. but so many dudes on the forum and reddit told me that its great "new content"...

guess it was dead content all along

we told you

Whether it's dead or not, anything extra to do is always welcome. Great or not, it really doesn't matter. Better than the alternative of no "new contents" at all.

13 hours ago, squeegee.4320 said:

You don't actually need to complete the Tower for the story IIRC.

No, you don't need to complete it, just fill up the progress bar of events completed. It is still painful. Dead? Maybe not. Long-term healthy population of players? I do not think so.

• Like 3

It's part of Living World Season 1 isn't it? So it's quite likely targeting newer players as much (or more?) as existing players?

As a new player myself (yet to kill Zhaitan) I'm quite pleased they have filled in Living World Season 1. And what seems like outdated rewards to everyone else may actually seem decent to me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Arnox.5128 said:

What the hell are you guys whining about? Just get some friends together and do it. You do have friends don't you?

As to the outdated rewards... Yeah, that is admittedly a problem.

Honestly no, not in game.  Completed all mine the first week with the mob of other players, but I'll happily defend anyone trying to do it now.  

Some guilds might help, but many players enjoy those for the amenities and not necessarily for the group play.  The game largely has events where you can jump in with any random group of people and work together.  The "whining" is from those who were not able to do the content the first week it was out when everyone was rushing through it, or people doing it with multiple accounts.  It's a reasonable gripe.

It would be prudent to not add content that had very poor incentives to continue to do them.  Give players a reason to show up there....dailies are good and anything where you can earn a couple of gold.  

Again, best anyone can do...LFG not during festival, ask on map.  It's a boring, tedious instance with low reward, imo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2