World Linking 1/27/2023

Cal Cohen.2358

And Arena Net proves once again that they pick the same servers for no links whilst the stronger servers rarerly if ever  end up on that spot. Deso and SFR are again back to that spot. When are people going to understand unfair this is and how some servers get a better treatment then whilst others is super unfair. 

I repeat again for a more fair gameplay in WvW ALL hosts should be without a link and then cycle through them all. As int is now in EU It would never ever be accepted by anyone in any other game in a competative game mode, but here people who are in the good spot shuts up or call them self out as something better then those that are unfairly treated and there for this is ok. 

Hello everybody in EU wake up for goodness  sake!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kanderous.7512 said:

How did Maguuma a FULL server

get Kaineng a HIGH server

When Blackgate a VERY HIGH server

get Devona's rest a Medium server

Because they don't look at population or coverage.  They literally are only looking at glicko scores for relinks.  Mag is 1 overall, and KN is 24 (last).  

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvw

Edited by Ubi.4136
add link
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Ubi.4136 said:

Because they don't look at population or coverage.  They literally are only looking at glicko scores for relinks.  Mag is 1 overall, and KN is 24 (last).  

If that's case, how does that make sense logically from a matchmaking perspective? AR is the 2nd rated server, so shouldn't they have been rerated to full and linked with a low rated server?

3 hours ago, kanderous.7512 said:

How did Maguuma a FULL server

get Kaineng a HIGH server

When Blackgate a VERY HIGH server

get Devona's rest a Medium server

Is that population stat based only on wvw, cuz jq was very high a few days ago and the wvw population was almost non existant, all the big zergs I came across were ebay based, our linked server atm

3 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

HoD (HIGH) + CD (MEDIUM)...and yet somehow Maguuma (FULL) get Kaineng (HIGH)???

Whoever paired these links needs to lose their job.

The linking is completely broken. I am not sure what the end game of A/Net is here but if they want to drive people out of WvW then they are on the right track.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

HoD (HIGH) + CD (MEDIUM)...and yet somehow Maguuma (FULL) get Kaineng (HIGH)???

My condolences. Getting CD is like getting a negative link from experience.

We really need double links on some hosts or delete a tier. Though given what's happened so far t1 servers will get them; guess they've just given up on this and going all in on WR.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, jul.7602 said:

If that's case, how does that make sense logically from a matchmaking perspective? AR is the 2nd rated server, so shouldn't they have been rerated to full and linked with a low rated server?

Remember, glicko has nothing to do with hours played, population, or coverage.  Glicko is it's own rating, and takes into account the entire performance history of the server.  It is possible to have only 2 full servers of the 24 servers in NA, AND have glicko pair them together based on their glicko score, not the fact that they have more available players than anyone else.

The entire matchmaking system in GW2 is crap, and that's the nicest thing I can say.

Glicko ratings are skewed from years ago when some servers were powerhouses, and doesn't take into account all the bandwagon transfers that keep happening.

1 up 1 down is constantly putting stacked servers vs empty ones.

The actual scoring/victory conditions wvw uses allow far too much gaming of the system to allow huge populations/guilds to stay in lower tiers to fight no one and doors.

Alliances...fix nothing.  Not populations.  Not bandwagoning.  Not gaming of the scoring system.  Not coverage disparities.

/sigh

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Ubi.4136 said:

1 up 1 down is constantly putting stacked servers vs empty ones.

Meh tanking servers is putting stacked servers vs empty ones. 1u1d works fine when you give it time to work out, it's the players stack movement whenever they feel like it, and their desire to face no challenge and tank that are the problems.

1 hour ago, Ubi.4136 said:

If you look at those glicko numbers, they have not changed for KN since May 2022.  Just about every one of the glicko scores with dashes are so old, I would call them pointless numbers.  The only glicko numbers to change are the servers that are hosting.  I mean, if you look at DR, their glicko score has not changed in over a year come Monday January 30, 2023 (last changed January 29, 2022).  So, take those glicko numbers with a grain of salt (or more like a tub of salt).

Edited by Morden Kain.3489
wrong day of week for the 30th :)

5 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

Population is determined by hours played, not by the number of players, so if those guilds that transferred didn't spend a lot of time in WvW this past week, it wouldn't affect the server's WvW population status enough to move it to HIGH status.

It's probably not just from that week. I am sure its a rolling average of activity, but who knows how long the period is. It could easily be a month.

So changes may take some time to fully factor in.

2 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

My condolences. Getting CD is like getting a negative link from experience.

We really need double links on some hosts or delete a tier. Though given what's happened so far t1 servers will get them; guess they've just given up on this and going all in on WR.

Yep, all we do is drag everyone down. Feels bad...

• Sad 1