5 cata win mat

What Mat?

Any way i think this is more of an example of anet being bad at spliting between game types some effects should just not be in spvp. Invariability should be made into channeled blocked, boon block aigiles should be a dmg cut not an full 100% block and "take 0 dmg effects" should simply become barrier effects. In an small combat game type these dmg perfection effects are way too powerful and can overwhelm any class. In bigger combat game types they are needed and are only used for buying time.

Even bigger meme is that A-net allows more than 1 class in team composition participating in MAT, amusing.
9 classes, 27 elite specializations, multiple build options for each one, yet you can still stack 1 class, hilarious.
Still waiting for Scepter&Cata nerfs, so all the "flavour-of-the-month" players can leave Elementalist alone.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Even bigger meme is that A-net allows more than 1 class in team composition participating in MAT, amusing.
9 classes, 27 elite specializations, multiple build options for each one, yet you can still stack 1 class, hilarious.
Still waiting for Scepter&Cata nerfs, so all the "flavour-of-the-month" players can leave Elementalist alone.

ah the neverwinter balance classic.
TR was unbeatable auto-win class.
solution? make max 2 TR per team.
game is fixed, now its 2 TR vs 2 TR, better TR wins the game with 3 random other class running around getting kitten on.
where do I sign ?

• Haha 1

Is there an video of the fight? I cant seem to find it.

The only thing i can could find it seems like FA is more the issues then any thing else and i am all for nerfing that its odd its not coming up in these forms. FA should realy have a 3 to 5 sec icd.

Edited by Jski.6180
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

The only thing i can could find it seems like FA is more the issues then any thing else and i am all for nerfing that its odd its not coming up in these forms. FA should realy have a 3 to 5 sec icd.

• Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

While FA is part of what makes scepter cata op, it is a core! trait that has been in the game like that forever without causing problems, so i don't think it should be a nerf priority. Cata and overbuffed scepter are the main culprits and should be looked at first.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

While FA is part of what makes scepter cata op, it is a core! trait that has been in the game like that forever without causing problems, so i don't think it should be a nerf priority. Cata and overbuffed scepter are the main culprits and should be looked at first.

It is basically too many easy to land ranged high damage abilities. Before FA ele was heavy burst squishy roamer, now its high burst bruiser with even more kill skills. Also Cata has the same visual clutter problem like Renegade and the Stat creep like Soulbeast had before.

Then there is the CD reset, like we never learned that CD resets are way too strong by themselves from Chrono but Anet repeated the same mistake for Bladesworn, Untamed and Cata, if they want a CD reset it should have restriction to something with some condition to work so it is isolated and easier to balance.  

I think that this kills the myth of the new balance team being "better" or "any different" than the ones before,  or that "they care PvP" at all.

With a single change in Engineer's Rifle AA they made it overperforming (in terms of performance x input, but not in terms of raw power output) in PvE to the extent that they were worried about most of players ditching other classes, and that permeated to PvP to a extent. Then they nerfed it. Now they nerfed Ele's scepter and became broken in PvP. The same as happened with Willbender, then Specter, Bladesworn, etc.

Since the release of EoD (at which they devoted 0 time to PvP) ANet have been hitting blind, specially in PvP, where half of the new specs were underpowered, and the balance patches have been a rollercoaster of random specs going from S tier to B or C after each patch

• Like 2

10 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

But scepter is not core? If scepter is over nerfed hammer will simply replace it.