Suggestion: Add more pve daily content and make it faster to complete

Let's face it, pvp sucks but it's the fastest way to get the daily done. Unless you get a kitten team and suck every single match of the night, in which case you begin to rage and hate pvp and begin to grow resentment for gw2. There is a strong possibility of this happening.

As an alternative, why are there only like two good pve daily things to complete? If you're going to make people do all this tedious things, why not at least have them in the same zone? Just put them all in the same zone at least, and add more tasks so pve players can get it done easier and faster.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 18

The PvE dailies can be wildly inconsistent.  Some gathering, a vista, and a JP are todays PvE dailies.  You should be able to do all of those in just a few minutes.  Another one is Fireheart Rise event completer - I tended to avoid those - it can be fast, but trying to find events before everyone else finishes them off can be tough.

But the time it takes to complete a dungeon, which sometimes shows up, is an order of magnitude longer than the others.

That said, I often pair some PvE ones with WvW, to get a very easy set almost every day.  WvW has some very PvE like ones (master of monuments - there is almost always an uncontested monument near your home garison you just have to stand in for 30 seconds).  Veteran creature slayer is 100% PvE, though you may have to wait for the spawn.  Camp capture or Dolyak killer are also basically PvE content which can quickly be done.

• Like 8

Daily events can also be easy; my trick is to keep away from the tags. I suppose it helps that after 10 years I know where events tend to spawn on the different maps.You can take advantage of map metas like Frozen Maw which guarantee you multiple events on a timer. And, if you are looking for that elusive 4th event, bear in mind many JPs or mini dungeons count as an event e.g. today you can swoop to the end of Rebel's Seclusion on your flying mount and get a chest as well as an event.

• Like 1

Weirdest complaint/suggestion I have ever seen. Those dailies for the 2g are so easy ... if you can't do that then you do not deserve it. You can just ignore them then.

There usually is a jp in PvE - which mostly is easy since a lot of people tag up and port people. Other thing usually a gathering type of thing. And then sometimes there is even a 3rd easy one. And only in super rare cases there is only  1 "good" PvE daily. A lot of times there are 2-3 that are easy. Most common annoying case is when there is a dungeon path + 4 events and then 2 out of the 4 PvE ones are annoying. Meaning you'd need 1 from the other category if you want to do it quick/fast.

Unless you are super unlucky ... one PvP match should be enough. Sometimes there is even the achievemen that only needs you to play a match.  Really ... there is the win + tournament usually (win not always possible and I never play tournaments) and the other 2 ones would need to be annoying  to be a problem. Or one of them + in the PvE categeory 3 annoying ones. That is super rare. Maybe if there are 3 annoying ones in PvE and the top stats and player kills as the other 2 PvP ones and you only get pwned.

There is still WvW though .... (I usually combine PvE and PvP though - faster and WvW only for when I actually want to play WvW and not going there for dailies only).

I do the easy PvE dailies and then fill up with PvP one match. After that ... there is the option to try harder in PvP or doing the events thing (that usually always is in the list as well - for PvE) that might be easy as well if you have mounts and quickly rush to some events.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, costepj.5120 said:

Daily events can also be easy; my trick is to keep away from the tags. I suppose it helps that after 10 years I know where events tend to spawn on the different maps.You can take advantage of map metas like Frozen Maw which guarantee you multiple events on a timer. And, if you are looking for that elusive 4th event, bear in mind many JPs or mini dungeons count as an event e.g. today you can swoop to the end of Rebel's Seclusion on your flying mount and get a chest as well as an event.

Roller beetle also helps immeasurably if one is going to do event completer. Zoooom across map, ejector seat when you see the orange circle.

Though I almost never do event completer any more, as there’s generally a faster option.

Ah yes - as Gibson mentioned: The orange cthing in the map ... is helpful. If I remember correctly though ... for me it needed some changes in the content guide to appear and to show the closest event that is out of range (where it shows only the small orange thing). Where the setting did not really feel that intuitive. (Had expected a different setting to work and not the one that I had to use.)

I have the content guide set to "disable personal story". That still shows the green markers. Though with the content guide enabled for story as well ("default" setting) that seems to refer to the additional hint in the top right in the UI ... then showing there a hint as well. Overriding any orange location on the map for events that are not close enough to fully show. (Unless you have finished your core personal story + no other story step activated.) With story disabled you will still have the green icons on the mini map. + that guide showing orange icons there as well - for the nearest event (even if it is a bit more far away).

That is very important to note. I guess a lot of people actually do not know about it. Asking in chat for events even on maps where there are a lot of events frequently.

Edited by Luthan.5236

On 4/10/2023 at 7:46 AM, Freya.9075 said:

Oh no, how dare anet having pve dailies that takes a few more minutes to do than PvP and WvW dailies. I could have used those minutes to walk around in Lions Arch wondering what to do! 

hey not everyone has time to do a ton of stuff in game every day. I've got kids and a job and all that, if I can get on and do the pvp daily in one go that's great, but if it takes me like 4-5 matches I get a little pissed. I guess my fault for not realizing I could do a combo of pvp and pve.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

On 4/10/2023 at 1:23 AM, Solvar.7953 said:

Another one is Fireheart Rise event completer - I tended to avoid those - it can be fast, but trying to find events before everyone else finishes them off can be tough.

Fireheart Rise is one of the easiest maps for event completer. You only need 2 events because Rebel's Seclusion and the JP each count as an event from opening their chest and they are easily done with mounts. There is also a champion north of the same WP for Rebel's Seclusion and an event chain that starts near same WP that is 4 events.

On 4/10/2023 at 8:00 AM, Luthan.5236 said:

Ah yes - as Gibson mentioned: The orange cthing in the map ... is helpful. If I remember correctly though ... for me it needed some changes in the content guide to appear and to show the closest event that is out of range (where it shows only the small orange thing). Where the setting did not really feel that intuitive. (Had expected a different setting to work and not the one that I had to use.)

I have the content guide set to "disable personal story". That still shows the green markers. Though with the content guide enabled for story as well ("default" setting) that seems to refer to the additional hint in the top right in the UI ... then showing there a hint as well. Overriding any orange location on the map for events that are not close enough to fully show. (Unless you have finished your core personal story + no other story step activated.) With story disabled you will still have the green icons on the mini map. + that guide showing orange icons there as well - for the nearest event (even if it is a bit more far away).

That is very important to note. I guess a lot of people actually do not know about it. Asking in chat for events even on maps where there are a lot of events frequently.

The biggest issue with the content guide is that there is no "Event only" option. Right now you can disable story but it will still prioritize map completion so if you want the equivalent of "Event only" you need to have all the maps at 100% and "Ignore Previously Completed Objectives" to ignore repeatable hearts.

Just do daily jumping puzzle/minidungeon, daily gathering, and daily activity in PvE and/or daily land claimer, daily monument master, daily beast slayer, or daily dolyak killer in WvW. Any combination of those usually takes only 10-15 minutes total, definitely <20-25 minutes. As someone with very limited gaming time, I am easily able to get the 2g daily doing just the "easy" achievements.

Edited by Poormany.4507
  • Like 1

Players saying PvE dailies are easy don't seem to understand how making gold works in this game. They're often tedious and time consuming, especially jumping puzzles (if no ports) and event completer, and can sometimes take 30mins-1hour to complete. The issue here is that in that same amount of time you get up to 30G from Fractals which is mostly liquid gold, and 25-30G from other areas of PvE, often with less frustration.

Once you've capped the achievement points, the 2G is rarely worth bothering with unless its an extremely easy 10min process like gathering and watching a vista but there's almost always something annoying.

The WvW and PvP dailies give much better rewards plus the gold, in the same amount of time.

The system is extremely outdated and needs to be overhauled. It pretty much hasn't been touched since Path of Fire and there aren't even any Canthan-themed dailies from End of Dragons.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Poormany.4507 said:

Just do daily jumping puzzle/minidungeon, daily gathering, and daily activity in PvE and/or daily land claimer, daily monument master, daily beast slayer, or daily dolyak killer in WvW. Any combination of those usually takes only 10-15 minutes total, definitely <20-25 minutes. As someone with very limited gaming time, I am easily able to get the 2g daily doing just the "easy" achievements.

And..easiest of all 'Big Spender'. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

The WvW and PvP dailies give much better rewards plus the gold, in the same amount of time.

No one is suggesting you must do only PvE dailies, but there is a subset of players who won't contemplate setting foot into WvW or PvP. For those players, there are still tips to make the process quicker.

You mentioned JPs and they are often a very quick option, provided you know where to go. At least on EU, the PINK guild always has a mesmer at any daily JP, porting players throughout the day and offering food/banners at the end chest.

A lot also depends on your positive mental attitude - are daily events an unbearable chore or an opportunity to come together with other players pursuing a common goal; surely a core tenet of any MMO? And even after ten years, I occasionally discover an event I've not seen before.

I enjoy doing dailies and never skip them, except when holidays or work trips keep me away from my computer. Ultimately everyone has to decide for themselves if the reward is worth the effort.

• Like 3

Yes. The event guide has flaws. (I also would prefer if there was an "events only" option.) In core maps (where the daily event stuff usually is) on the main (with full world completion) it works fine with the correct setting from the existing ones though.

I don't see how WvW and PvP dailies will reward more gold. When you compare it to fractals and stuff ... they are still a lot lower I guess. And it depends on where you are in the league chests - for PvP. (Where the chests also give gold but the later ones require more pips.)

JPs do not take long - for the most. (If you know how to jump.) Some might better be avoided though. It is basically free stuff without a big commitment where for the group related content you need to look for a group. This is not farming. It is stuff you do while playing normally without having to go too far away from your usual playstyle.

For the WvW weeklies that actually require a bit more play time - there I totally can agree: Makes no sense to do them for the gold. (More for the tickets mainly.)

Edited by Luthan.5236

6 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Yes. The event guide has flaws. (I also would prefer if there was an "events only" option.) In core maps (where the daily event stuff usually is) on the main (with full world completion) it works fine with the correct setting from the existing ones though.

I don't see how WvW and PvP dailies will reward more gold. When you compare it to fractals and stuff ... they are still a lot lower I guess. And it depends on where you are in the league chests - for PvP. (Where the chests also give gold but the later ones require more pips.)

JPs do not take long - for the most. (If you know how to jump.) Some might better be avoided though. It is basically free stuff without a big commitment where for the group related content you need to look for a group. This is not farming. It is stuff you do while playing normally without having to go too far away from your usual playstyle.

For the WvW weeklies that actually require a bit more play time - there I totally can agree: Makes no sense to do them for the gold. (More for the tickets mainly.)

All the additional rewards like Potion of PvP Reward and the Skirmish Tickets from WvW are also gold. Potions are sold directly to guilds, for example. The replies here don't seem to take into account what gold looks like when its either traded, invested, or coming in another format (like saving gold).

PvE Dailies are the absolute lowest gold per hour of everything in the game, even gathering yields a higher GPH if you use a guide to hit the rich nodes and farms directly.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Confused 4

9 hours ago, costepj.5120 said:

You mentioned JPs and they are often a very quick option, provided you know where to go. At least on EU, the PINK guild always has a mesmer at any daily JP, porting players throughout the day and offering food/banners at the end chest.

There is a similar guild on NA but even if that guild is not around there is often other people around doing the same thing. There people doing that even for places where you can literally  just walk in ...

• Like 1

They're already easy enough, there's no need to add more/easier dailies.

On 4/11/2023 at 7:34 PM, Deadmoose.6594 said:

hey not everyone has time to do a ton of stuff in game every day.

Then don't do it. If your goal is for it to be the equivalent of log in rewards ""effort"" then... there are already log in rewards to cover that.

On 4/11/2023 at 7:34 PM, Deadmoose.6594 said:

I guess my fault for not realizing I could do a combo of pvp and pve.

Well... yes 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1