Reaper is seriously getting out of control (part 2)

Eugchriss.2046

14 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

You guys need to step your game up. You're complaining about chill and paltry 7k hits; there's way more disgusting stuff you can do with necromancers. 

Don't tell me you missed the bug where harbinger could just spam jump on you to kill you on eod release?

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

It might be time to dust off my Svanir rune weaver build. 

I unironically used to take Rune of the Svanir against tempest+reaper comp. No amount of cleanse can keep up with THAT amount of chilled, and I'd really love to cast a couple skills here and there.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 1

Oh noes, reaper too OP! I tried to melee it with my staff elementalist and I got killed dead! How is that fair? I even used my glyph of lesser elementals!

Also chill is mean! What do you mean cleanse it and range? Am I supposed to just not walk up to their face, even though that's my roleplay? This is a terrible oversight! My sword/shield warrior roleplay got nerfed into oblivion, now my fire wizard is having a hard time too... I can't do anything in this game! Terrible balance! Bad bad REEEEEEEE!

-

I can't tell if this thread is a joke or not. So I'll just assume it is, I mean of course this is a joke, you guys are smart. Smart and funny. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Don't tell me you missed the bug where harbinger could just spam jump on you to kill you on eod release?

The best part was leading people into the water and 1 shotting them and launching into the stratosphere out of the water with both Harbinger and bladesworn. Good times.

50 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Can confirm. I farm Rangers on my Reaper.

Every player is a PRO ranger...for as long as they can pewpew from 1200 and the target doesn't know what dodge or LoS are...by contrast if the target does know what those are...then the players on ranger from PRO ...they evolve to Tower Rangers or for the more skilled,  they reach the Forum Ranger level replacing arrows...with nerf threads still pressing 2 like maniacs( old habits are hard to shake off). Tower rangers are a common sight in wvw, typically holding towers all by themselves, pewpew anybody who dares to enter their 1200 range domain.

Very very fast on their legs, if they see you approaching...they will be sprinting to the nearest tower if alone...only to jump out if they see you already being ganked by multiple players...perfect scenario for the sacred pewpew.

In pvp...as there is no tower to cower behi.........I mean to hold as a strategic safe heaven, you will see all these rangers jumping on their trusted condi trapper high skill cap build with rabid amulet....that leaves us with the legendary Forum rangers who hold the fort, seekers of justice...ready to punish with a spitfire of nerf threads, any who dares to stand in the way of the most glorious pew pew .

As the occasional necro user, it does always bring a smile on my face to down the PRO pew pew when you dodge their uber combo press 2. A dodge there...a side strife there and I am in their face...taking that bow shoving it down where the sun doesn't shine. As Mike T used to say " everybody got a plan...till they get punched in the face"

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

I used to be frightfully scared of reaper until I figured out, they don't have many range options. Usually with gap openers and alot of patience I can get through their shroud. (just don't forget they might have teleports) They die pretty quick after that. I mostly dislike fighting core as they have killer shroud generation and decent dmg. most of the time I get through their shroud and am like yay finally then 2 seconds later they have a full shroud.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Every player is a PRO ranger...for as long as they can pewpew from 1200 and the target doesn't know what dodge or LoS are...by contrast if the target does know what those are...then the players on ranger from PRO ...they evolve to Tower Rangers or for the more skilled,  they reach the Forum Ranger level replacing arrows...with nerf threads still pressing 2 like maniacs( old habits are hard to shake off). Tower rangers are a common sight in wvw, typically holding towers all by themselves, pewpew anybody who dares to enter their 1200 range domain.

Very very fast on their legs, if they see you approaching...they will be sprinting to the nearest tower if alone...only to jump out if they see you already being ganked by multiple players...perfect scenario for the sacred pewpew.

In pvp...as there is no tower to cower behi.........I mean to hold as a strategic safe heaven, you will see all these rangers jumping on their trusted condi trapper high skill cap build with rabid amulet....that leaves us with the legendary Forum rangers who hold the fort, seekers of justice...ready to punish with a spitfire of nerf threads, any who dares to stand in the way of the most glorious pew pew .

As the occasional necro user, it does always bring a smile on my face to down the PRO pew pew when you dodge their uber combo press 2. A dodge there...a side strife there and I am in their face...taking that bow shoving it down where the sun doesn't shine. As Mike T used to say " everybody got a plan...till they get punched in the face"

I love it when they think the fully populated camp with a Veteran Supervisor with RI will save them. Those stomps are always special. 

40 minutes ago, Infinity.2876 said:

I used to be frightfully scared of reaper until I figured out, they don't have many range options. Usually with gap openers and alot of patience I can get through their shroud. (just don't forget they might have teleports) They die pretty quick after that. I mostly dislike fighting core as they have killer shroud generation and decent dmg. most of the time I get through their shroud and am like yay finally then 2 seconds later they have a full shroud.

This is how you fight a Reaper.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Animations in general needs a revamp. This isn't specific to necro. Every class but arguably warrior has this issue for various reasons. There needs to be patches that address this eventually. 

For condis, Necro should output more condis than we can cleanse. Otherwise, they're a useless class that will never kill you provided you manage your resources right. 

That means you'll have moments when you die with more condis on your bar than you can deal with. It means you'll have moments where you cleanse condis and they're quickly reapplied.  It's annoying, but it's how things should be. 

warrior aint much better with all the bugs it has.
he can hit you AFTER you teleport away with melee attacks, some of the attacks have obscene range, it can run into opposite direction, then teleport to you and hit you for half health ETC

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

he can hit you AFTER you teleport away with melee attacks, some of the attacks have obscene range, it can run into opposite direction, then teleport to you and hit you for half health ETC

Nah, that last one is detargeting using Rush and then retargeting to head back to the real target and is much a legit skill as stow cancelling. The obscene range bit is on things like Bull's Charge because they would otherwise be to easy to avoid, both items of which need to be corrected.

48 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

Honestly those little bugs with the charges give warrior some charm. I'm not advocating for bugs but I do particularly like those and would rather them just be how the skills work. I'd just prefer a little more distinction between bull's charge and rush than there is now since bull's charge is an evade. They could work like death's charge where in that case greatsword and bull's charge would be a useless weapon/utility on warrior. Greatsword is what keeps warrior viable in the competitive levels of pvp whereas hammer only takes you so far. The only thing I don't like about warrior is full counter, how much of a crutch it is, and how much warrior has to be kept down in other regards because of full counter.  Same with continuum split for mesmer. Spellbreaker isn't the strongest build as far as actual combat goes but it works better in conquest than any other option.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I love it when they think the fully populated camp with a Veteran Supervisor with RI will save them. Those stomps are always special. 

This is how you fight a Reaper.

This.

I also main Ranger Profession. Throughout the years; the one Profession whom I have saved and had my team players save...are Necromancer Profession.

90% of the time I would save a Necromancer Profession player without killing them. I would walk away from their bodies and 80% of the time, they would thank me for not killing them and for saving them from not being killed by my server players. 

I would even pretend to chase them down and shoot at them, so they can get away.

Throughout Guild Wars 2 11 years; Necromancer Profession is the only Profession who is constantly being psychologically distressed and emotionally traumatized for nerfs. 

Other Professions can cross the line with hiding in stealth, spamming clones and attacking at far range. 

Other Professions has years of being accepted in group parties yet the Necromancer Profession is the last Profession to wait in line to be accepted.

'Our Conditions...Our Identity Is Our Most Valuable Possessions. Help Us Protect It"

Necromancer Profession

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Trevorbros... not like this...

23 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

That's not true. When I played the power harb meme, I did 15k voracious arcs. Even then it wasn't good enough for competitive play. Then I discovered a much stronger build (death magic/curses) and played that in the hardstuck tourney and even that wasn't quite up to the task of dealing with specter. However, that lead to the inevitable destruction of the death magic traitline. It will not be missed. 

You guys need to step your game up. You're complaining about chill and paltry 7k hits; there's way more disgusting stuff you can do with necromancers. 

Like 13k Spinal shivers on my 15K hit point scrapper!

• Haha 2

On 4/13/2023 at 2:21 PM, Eugchriss.2046 said:

First, for the mob saying it's okay for reaper to have a 16cd healing skill because reaper shroud decay faster: The  decay difference between reaper shroud and core shroud is 0%. Yes, you read it right 0%. They both have 5% loss per second.

Didn't know they eventually tweaked the decay rate. Good find, I stand corrected. 

Still don't think it's overperforming to the point that it requires this laundry list of nerfs. If you're feeling the chill severely enough that you feel it's worth cutting, I'm inclined to believe that the combat interaction is right where it needs to be. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Longbow mains are a strange species indeed :')

1 hour ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

The only op thing reaper/necro has is there health pool. It can get to ridiculously high when going for a condi spec. 30k and another 15k+ with shroud. Sometimes it's a bit much with a support to back it up. But that's not something that will change at all probably.

Big woop. you go from getting one shot to getting 3 shot.

Sponging damage with health is never better than fully mitigating it.

Virtuoso can soak 10x the damage in the time it takes to kill a reaper at full shroud.

• Like 6

On 4/13/2023 at 3:28 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

There are currently only like 5 players in NA who can even wield Necro/Reaper/Scourge/Harbinger to a threatening degree in higher tiered play. I mean seriously, anyone who still avidly participates in the community could list these players off the top of their head there are so few left who could play Necro into plat+ levels and use it efficiently in final rounds of ATs: Naru, Doze, Dr Meta, Hatuey, Albert.

Yes.

I can't wait for the next 3v3 being 1 tempest 1 condi reaper 1 power reaper.

This is nothing new. We've been seeing double Necro + Support as a dominant team comp since the beginning of 3v3

Also yes. Every season. It can be countered by a few switches and the reapers are sitting ducks. Those who know, know. 

But even considering as much, I think you're worried about the wrong class for this upcoming 3 season. With the realization of Scrapper, I 100% guarantee you that most top teams are going to be abusing the hell out of Scrapper full team stealth ganking at the start of every 3s match. This will be so commonly used that it's going to throw the 3s season into a state of overly redundant & boring stealth war play. 100% guarantee you that we'll be seeing absolutely disgusting team comps revolving around Scrapper + Thief so they can super elongate the Sneak Gyro buff with Thief Shortbow blasting.

And a yes. This is the proof that most forum posts arent seeing the big picture.

Also once scrapper comps are done pooping on them (we gonna get some DHs in there too) this season - everyone gonna cry for nerfs. However the response all season should be that truthfully 3v3 is based on whats balanced for 5v5. 

The TDM seasons are not going to be balanced and thats pretty much the whole point and one of the seasons I have the most fun. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Zex Anthon.8673 said:

Big woop. you go from getting one shot to getting 3 shot.

Sponging damage with health is never better than fully mitigating it.

Virtuoso can soak 10x the damage in the time it takes to kill a reaper at full shroud.

Yeah, but that shroud is why Necros don't have more blocks, evades, or invulns. They do have blinds though, but not the best ones. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah, but that shroud is why Necros don't have more blocks, evades, or invulns. They do have blinds though, but not the best ones. 

Not saying that necro should have those things. I agree with you. Shroud is the replacement for those other forms of defense.

However its posts like this, from gold players that don't know how to kite, who use the second health bar as an excuse to take away other tools from necro like mobility and sustain. Despite it being an inferior form of defense.

Meanwhile, necro struggles in the higher tiers unless it has a pocket support.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 12:28 AM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

This thread is silly.

There are currently only like 5 players in NA who can even wield Necro/Reaper/Scourge/Harbinger to a threatening degree in higher tiered play. I mean seriously, anyone who still avidly participates in the community could list these players off the top of their head there are so few left who could play Necro into plat+ levels and use it efficiently in final rounds of ATs: Naru, Doze, Dr Meta, Hatuey, Albert.

This isn't because no one is playing Necro. Necro absolutely has one of the highest class representations. This is because Necro/Reaper/Scourge/Harbinger is very middle-tiered in the Conquest dynamic. There are plenty of other Necro players who are pretty good, but when they play into comps stacked with what is actually OP, they end up being statistically & mechanically overwhelmed.

When you compare these Necro representation rates to Scrapper, we can see that just about anyone who plays Scrapper is dangerous. People who aren't even Engi mains play Scrapper and are dangerous, even in higher tiered matches. When we compare this to Ele representation rates, we can see that MAT winning teams are still running triple Ele comps. Clearly we aren't seeing triple Necro comps, if we see Necro at all.

About this: 

This is nothing new. We've been seeing double Necro + Support as a dominant team comp since the beginning of 3v3 arenas for obvious reasons. This will always be this way due to the tiny map designs that greatly restrict kiting potential and force hard team fights. <- These circumstances are ideal for Necros stack on Support.

But even considering as much, I think you're worried about the wrong class for this upcoming 3 season. With the realization of Scrapper, I 100% guarantee you that most top teams are going to be abusing the hell out of Scrapper full team stealth ganking at the start of every 3s match. This will be so commonly used that it's going to throw the 3s season into a state of overly redundant & boring stealth war play. 100% guarantee you that we'll be seeing absolutely disgusting team comps revolving around Scrapper + Thief so they can super elongate the Sneak Gyro buff with Thief Shortbow blasting. They will simply wait until the other team comes out of stealth first, select a target to gank, and between the DPS & CCs & boon removal of the Scrapper + Thief, that target will instantly go into downstate too quickly for any realistic counterplay based on reflexes. The only thing that will save a player from such high DPS stealth ganking, would be passive traits like Defy Pain that passively trigger. These teams will anticipate the use of Scrapper/Thief on other good teams, so all of the Scrappers will take Lock On so they can reveal each other's teams. This will be stupid & mandatory because a team with Scrapper/Thief who is against Scrapper/Thief, both teams will be able to maintain permanent stealth and the only way to find each other, will be Lock On. This is going to be the stupidest dumbest and most boringly redundant combat any of us have ever seen in any game. 

Arenanet needs to identify that in Conquest games, even though people complain about stealth in general, we still have to come out of stealth to take or defend nodes. But in those 3s arenas there are no nodes to force a reason to leave perma stealth cycling, which will result in exactly what I've already described. No one is going to enjoy this, and it will result in by far the most narrow viability in play options we've ever seen in any patching or any mode, as well as the lowest participation rates of any pvp season to date. With new titans on the verge of release like Diablo 4 on June 6th, Arenanet needs to give some real attention to glaring problems like this or GW2 pvp really will be actually dead come around July.

The point being is that this ****show that's about to happen in the next 3s season will have nothing to do with Necromancer.

NA must be real dog water if there are only 5 ppl being able to play of harbinger properly 😝