Disable laying traps on points

How about if u are over a certain hp or toughness threshold u cannot participate in capping of nodes as u have a unfair advantage vs those who are lower, same for those with too many defensive utility skills chosen. Also all aoes should be reduced in radius by 80% when placed on a node, add the 0 traps on a node and were gtg.

16 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

make traps do friendly fire.
if you place spike trap, it instantly triggers and knocks you down

Make EVERYTHING do friendly fire. Projectiles you stand in the way of, AoE, heck we can even make AoE universal so you apply AoE boons or heal enemies if you arent careful.

Problem solved. 

I think the issue is not with traps themselves but with rune of the trapper. Take away the ability to turn virtually their entire utility bar into a source of stealth and super speed, and you'll be able to more easily bully them off the point/punish them for running so many traps and not enough defensive CDs.

• Confused 1

Just now, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I think the issue is not with traps themselves but with rune of the trapper. Take away the ability to turn virtually their entire utility bar into a source of stealth and super speed, and you'll be able to more easily bully them off the point/punish them for running so many traps and not enough defensive CDs.

Lol u realize the stealth is one sec right? As soon as u stealth u basically unstealth lol laying ur whole utility bar on trap after another still leaves u revealed very soon after last trap due to cast times. The stealth is literally only useful for de-targeting. Runes only reason for use now in conquest is for super speed and the de-targeting.

In wvw balance is completely different and the runes are fine there for what u give up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Lol u realize the stealth is one sec right? As soon as u stealth u basically unstealth lol laying ur whole utility bar on trap after another still leaves u revealed very soon after last trap due to cast times. The stealth is literally only useful for de-targeting. Runes only reason for use now in conquest is for super speed and the de-targeting.

In wvw balance is completely different and the runes are fine there for what u give up.

Stealth plus superspeed is insane value, my dude. Literally no other rune gives that much value, esp not as consistently (eg. Rune of resistance and similar runes are only on elite skill use; others only on heal skill, etc). Not to mention that stealth and super speed are arguably the strongest effects in the game...and one rune gives you both repeatedly.

1s of stealth is still useful, as it detargets and grants the user the initiative to either launch an attack or flee/reposition. And it's the ability to do this repeatedly by using low CD skills that makes it cumulatively very powerful.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Stealth plus superspeed is insane value, my dude. Literally no other rune gives that much value, esp not as consistently (eg. Rune of resistance and similar runes are only on elite skill use; others only on heal skill, etc). Not to mention that stealth and super speed are arguably the strongest effects in the game...and one rune gives you both repeatedly.

1s of stealth is still useful, as it detargets and grants the user the initiative to either launch an attack or flee/reposition. And it's the ability to do this repeatedly by using low CD skills that makes it cumulatively very powerful.

Never said the runes wernt useful, just saying their not op. One thing I've learned over the many years in this game about its pvp and the forums is anything in pvp that is useful or effective on any class is eventually complained about and is called out as op by players of classes that can't utilize said skill or boon to the degree the offender can, whether its op or not.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 2

Just disable PvP period. Wanting to hurt others is problematic. Toxic even. It's hetero-normative post-colonialist imperialist patriarchy making us hold each other down, instead of uniting and fighting the real enemy!

If you PvP, you are the problem! Educate yourself!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

On 5/22/2023 at 1:27 PM, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

These forum posts get more and more ridiculous as time goes on lmao.

This

My guy unironically said "don't let them put traps where people will definitely walk" 

If you see a dragonhunter on the opposing team just dodge over the point to disarm lad, youll be fine. Rub some dirt in it. 

This is the kind of guy that dies to Svanir and makes a forum post about it.

I endorse this comparison because it's absolutely true. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2