Dailies

"The Wizard’s Vault is a new streamlined rewards system that combines the best elements of the daily login and daily achievement systems, allowing you to play Guild Wars 2 the way you want to–whether it’s PvE, Player vs Player, or World vs World, or a mix–and earn a wide variety of exciting rewards for doing so."

I'm guessing this would answer your question?

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/new-rewards-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

• Like 2

I am wondering if it is going to create a new system where you do not get things just for logging in daily, thus eliminating all the daily log in accounts that people have.  While dalies do not take long to do, assuming that stays the same, they do take long enough that the people who have many daily log in accounts. I think I have seen people mention have 100,  will no longer be generating all those materials, which might be a good thing for the economy, or it might not, I do not have enough information to make a decision on that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Erich.1783 said:

I am wondering if it is going to create a new system where you do not get things just for logging in daily, thus eliminating all the daily log in accounts that people have.  While dalies do not take long to do, assuming that stays the same, they do take long enough that the people who have many daily log in accounts. I think I have seen people mention have 100,  will no longer be generating all those materials, which might be a good thing for the economy, or it might not, I do not have enough information to make a decision on that.

Daily log in rewards was a dumb idea anyway, its nonsence how freely people can abuse this with their 30cents worth alt accounts... I hope they ment deleting those old log in rewards alltogether and changing them with this new system.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

I think they are new daily rewards (sigh) and won't replace the current ones. It's called "The Wizard’s Vault", so I guess it won't be available to people who didn't buy the new expansion. The others will probably keep getting (only) the current daily.

12 minutes ago, Urud.4925 said:

I think they are new daily rewards (sigh) and won't replace the current ones. It's called "The Wizard’s Vault", so I guess it won't be available to people who didn't buy the new expansion. The others will probably keep getting (only) the current daily.

It did say some selection would be availiable for everyone.

• Confused 1

On 6/29/2023 at 7:29 PM, Randulf.7614 said:

It seems to be an additional system. Replacing all dailies might be problematic given some of the season ones like Grothmar and Wandering Cantha are tied to metas.

It reads ambiguously, but I’m leaning towards in addition to

I'm hopeful it's just an addition, because if they remove the current daily logins that's bad. Not good for players and not good for economy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, StarPT.7431 said:

I'm hopeful it's just an addition, because if they remove the current daily logins that's bad. Not good for players and not good for economy.

It sounds like at least some of the stuff from login rewards will still be available. The announcement lists crafting materials, gold, mystic coins and legendary crafting materials as some of the things you'll be able to get from the new system.

It also says you can choose what to get and that the items will be permanently available so it might actually work out better. For example players who have maxed out their magic find could skip getting luck and someone making a legendary could just focus on buying materials and mystic coins.

It sounds a bit like going back to when laurels were available from dailies instead of login rewards (which didn't exist back then), but maybe with more exclusive items available instead of eventually hitting a point where consumables or stuff you can sell to conver them to gold is the only use for them.

5 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

It sounds like at least some of the stuff from login rewards will still be available. The announcement lists crafting materials, gold, mystic coins and legendary crafting materials as some of the things you'll be able to get from the new system.

It also says you can choose what to get and that the items will be permanently available so it might actually work out better. For example players who have maxed out their magic find could skip getting luck and someone making a legendary could just focus on buying materials and mystic coins.

It sounds a bit like going back to when laurels were available from dailies instead of login rewards (which didn't exist back then), but maybe with more exclusive items available instead of eventually hitting a point where consumables or stuff you can sell to conver them to gold is the only use for them.

Still, I don't really enjoy that idea of replacement. There are days I don't really feel like playing but it's nice to just log in, grab the reward and log out. Turning that into needing to complete daily activities to get those rewards just adds yet another rather mandatory daily thing to do and completely removes passive profit in days I don't feel like touching the game. I'm fine with addition and extra ways to obtain that stuff with more active playing...but replacing? meh...

Edited by StarPT.7431
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, StarPT.7431 said:

Still, I don't really enjoy that idea of replacement. There are days I don't really feel like playing but it's nice to just log in, grab the reward and log out. Turning that into needing to complete daily activities to get those rewards just adds yet another rather mandatory daily thing to do and completely removes passive profit in days I don't feel like touching the game. I'm fine with addition and extra ways to obtain that stuff with more active playing...but replacing? meh...

I'm in a similar situation, there's often days when I don't have time to actually play, even just to complete the dailies. (Yesterday for example, I basically got up, had breakfast and went out, didn't get home again until after midnight.) Sometimes I'll still log in on those days just to collect the login reward, but if that's going away I won't bother.

But I'm not sure if that will be good or bad for me. It means I'll get less stuff to convert to gold, but there's other stuff I can sell and (I think partially because I can't play every day) I'm used to expensive things being long-term goals I'll have to save up for. On the other hand it will be nice to not feel like I should try to fit getting the login reward into those rushed mornings (or evenings). In a weird way it's easier to accept missing it when it's completely out of the question due to the time required, and while collecting the login reward is very quick once you're in the game the whole process from turning the computer on to shutting it down again takes a few minutes which can be more than I can really justify spending on something unnecessary.

4 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I'm in a similar situation, there's often days when I don't have time to actually play, even just to complete the dailies. (Yesterday for example, I basically got up, had breakfast and went out, didn't get home again until after midnight.) Sometimes I'll still log in on those days just to collect the login reward, but if that's going away I won't bother.

But I'm not sure if that will be good or bad for me. It means I'll get less stuff to convert to gold, but there's other stuff I can sell and (I think partially because I can't play every day) I'm used to expensive things being long-term goals I'll have to save up for. On the other hand it will be nice to not feel like I should try to fit getting the login reward into those rushed mornings (or evenings). In a weird way it's easier to accept missing it when it's completely out of the question due to the time required, and while collecting the login reward is very quick once you're in the game the whole process from turning the computer on to shutting it down again takes a few minutes which can be more than I can really justify spending on something unnecessary.

I was also thinking about the economy aspect, unless the new system makes obtaining those juicy items just as easy as daily login rewards, the prices will eventually skyrocket...specially mystic coins.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Erich.1783 said:

I am wondering if it is going to create a new system where you do not get things just for logging in daily, thus eliminating all the daily log in accounts that people have.

This is interesting and honestly hadn't occurred to me. I think eliminating daily login reward would have a really negative effect on their player metrics, for better or worse. I doubt they will clarify anything on this until we get much closer to launch.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

This is interesting and honestly hadn't occurred to me. I think eliminating daily login reward would have a really negative effect on their player metrics, for better or worse. I doubt they will clarify anything on this until we get much closer to launch.

Ofc it would, but mostly on multiboxing farm accounts. Idk if you can call them "players" tho when those accounts exist only for one purpose which isnt rly a gameplay..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Our goal is for Wizard’s Vault rewards are meant to be attainable through regular, normal play; there are no paid upgrades or progression skips, and the legacy section exists to take the time pressure off and allow players to catch up if they take a break.

This part was basically saying "we are not doing the terrible battelpass practices" which is implying the vault is intended to be a sort of battlepass.

The daily/weekly objectives will probably replace existing dailies(the general ones not the map specific ones but maybe those as well) and the fractal/wvw/pvp weeklies. Instead of the current rewards for completing those they will give varying amount of Astral Acclaim which you can use to buy the same things we get from doing daily/weekly now. Some items won't be purchasable unless you own SotO and some objectives won't be available unless you own SotO which means while it is available for everyone owners of the expansion will be able to get the items faster/more of them. If this turns out to be true it will also mean that getting GoB will no longer require doing WvW(well that is already possible but it will be much faster) since you could do your other dailies and use the AA to buy the reward track potions. Since it is replacing login rewards, one of the daily objectives will probably be "log into the game" so you can still get some Astral Acclaim to buy stuff by simply logging in. There might be purchase limits as well with the limits resetting with the quarterly refresh which. The exclusive items will probably require owning SotO such as that griffon skin they showed right in the middle of the paragraph about the vault and named Wizard_Griffon.png. 

The Wizard’s Vault is a new streamlined rewards system that combines the best elements of the daily login and daily achievement systems

The best part of the daily login system is that you get something for logging in daily. This has driven sales of the game andencouraged people to keep logging in when they might not otherwise. That helps ArenaNet with their unique login metrics and, of course, by giving them actual, real money.

I suspect this system will continue to give similar rewards just for logging in but who knows; it wouldn't be the first time they shot themselves in the foot.

Edited by Pifil.5193

11 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Since they don't share player metrics that's only a problem for Anet and they might actually prefer it if the numbers aren't padded out with alt accounts only used for collecting daily login rewards. It might mean they sell fewer copies if the new system isn't worth doing on multiple accounts, but they must be aware of that so I assume they're ok with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Since they don't share player metrics that's only a problem for Anet and they might actually prefer it if the numbers aren't padded out with alt accounts only used for collecting daily login rewards. It might mean they sell fewer copies if the new system isn't worth doing on multiple accounts, but they must be aware of that so I assume they're ok with it.

That's kind of what I meant by for better or worse. We won't know the behind the scenes parts of it. I know buying alt account has certainly driven some sales and if they aren't worth it, those players would stop doing so. I've no idea what the 2nd and 3rd order effects of something like that would be.

• Confused 1

On 6/30/2023 at 8:48 AM, soul.9651 said:

Daily log in rewards was a dumb idea anyway, its nonsence how freely people can abuse this with their 30cents worth alt accounts... I hope they ment deleting those old log in rewards alltogether and changing them with this new system.

Funny how many people get confused about that. They probably should change log in rewards to more account bound stuff, that can't be liquidized.

Edited by SlayerXX.7138
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

i think for the people who mention multiboxing dailie rewards here miss that , in verdant brink you can literaly afk the event and farm baubles with like 5 accounts you could get about 2k gold just afk standing in one spot with revenants and boon sharing. and that has never been fixed to my knowledge.

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

i think for the people who mention multiboxing dailie rewards here miss that , in verdant brink you can literaly afk the event and farm baubles with like 5 accounts you could get about 2k gold just afk standing in one spot with revenants and boon sharing. and that has never been fixed to my knowledge.

Oh they nerfed that hard awhile ago mate.