Ele Scepter Fire auto-attack is really stupid design

...and I say it as somebody who spent 10k hours on ele....you should not be able to DPS people to death with the auto-attack. I am happy to see ele where it is now, but I never asked for really dumb designs necro style. I'd say to remove the secondary burning from the auto-attack.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 9

The real issue is that ranked pretty much dictates you to lean heavy into condi or heavy into power, yet ele is hybrid. If you lean too much into condi then the power side ob abilities does such mediocre damage due to the cast times and having low crit/no fercocity. To do much else but auto attack does less total dps (as far as I can tell). In a hybrid/celestial setup, you get a lot more use from the power side of the other abilities, which then gives you burst, with additional condi pressure. I played heavy condi tempest long enough to know that while you can just ''autoattack'' the damage ramps up slowly, and is easy to clense, its not as good as you think on good players, who can force you into other stances where your damage pretty much grinds to a hault. The new signet changes have really improved on that, since you can still apply good fire/bleed pressure when in other stances. The only reason I use pheonix etc on heavy condi, is to bait their dodges so I can land signets.

What Im trying to say, I guess.. is that a celestial style amulet is needed for ele, or else this is the result. Wizzard amulet is about as close as you can get currently, but the lack of ferocity, while crit is still quite low, its not as good as pure condi (or pure power) I find. Especially given the signet changes, which heavily favour condi.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 4

I really hate how flamestrike is a projectile-less ranged attack with no animation besides the ele hand gesture. You don't even realize what's hitting you until you notice an increasing amount of burning appearing on your bar. Plus, the inability to reflect the cast or jiggle-step or whatever to make the projectile miss makes the ability even stronger.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I really hate how flamestrike is a projectile-less ranged attack with no animation besides the ele hand gesture. You don't even realize what's hitting you until you notice an increasing amount of burning appearing on your bar. Plus, the inability to reflect the cast or jiggle-step or whatever to make the projectile miss makes the ability even stronger.

Imho they should turn all ranged offensive attacks into projectiles.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, semak.7481 said:

For the first time we can agree on something.

There should be a big red light & siren in the Arenanet office that goes off whenever someone in the forum agrees with Arheundel so they can be sure to know that something is seriously going wrong with their game, so they can immediately drop what they are doing to go hotfix the issue. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/1/2023 at 12:27 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

There should be a big red light & siren in the Arenanet office that goes off whenever someone in the forum agrees with Arheundel so they can be sure to know that something is seriously going wrong with their game, so they can immediately drop what they are doing to go hotfix the issue. 

The silver lining in all these ele buffs has been bringing everyone together tbh. I've never seen so many pvpers all agree like this before.

@Cal Cohen.2358 Ele is out of control and it's your fault.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

I remember saying how strong this was a long time ago then they buffed it slightly for absolutely no reason.

Yeah I was mocked a few times for using scepter. It was sub optimal in the grand scheme of being a support, but it gave you that dmg needed when dps didn't know what to do, while still having decent support utility. Now its basically a better dps than most dps, killing enemy is the best form of support.

Edited by Flowki.7194

8 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

The vast majority of players care not about general balance and only agree on Nerfs when it's convenient for them. The same people who want scepter fire auto-attack nerfed may be well-playing something broken of similar status like Torment on auto-attack, things like harbinger pistol are not less broken than scepter ele, just different beast

• Like 2