Can you update silent surf so that it is a fractal?

Please remove the useless gimmicky stuff, your last communication before releasing it was that you heard the complains on fractals not being straightforward enough.

The number of players already skipping this fractal is amazingly high. Just remove everything not related to combat (by that I mean everything you introduced with the SAK just to get to boss), thank you.

Edited by Colin.4568
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 23
  • Sad 3

Those fractals relies on usual GW2 stuff, your skills and abilities. They said they heard the complaints on Sunqua, well it seems they did not.

And btw it's not related to knowledge or not, you will always have people not understanding those special actions + special path to follow (just look at the number of T4 experienced players still not knowing that your SAK is refreshed when catching a ball in shattered observatory, or the fact that you can identify the positions of hidden chests in deepstone).

There is a space for trying out some playstyle without using usual skillset, it's the adventures like crab toss and such, they can put this part into those kind of stuff if they want to, it's fun, but it's not fractal related.

Edited by Colin.4568
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Colin.4568 said:

The number of players already skipping this fractal is amazingly high. Just remove everything not related to combat (by that I mean everything you introduced with the SAK just to get to boss), thank you.

If you are on T1, they probably skip it because of the over tuned Hp bar, not the jumping puzzle. The jumping puzzle feels quite easy after doing it once, for me at least. In general i would prefer Jumping puzzles in instanced content are handled like shiverpeak pass, where you only need one person to carry the rest.

Edited by SlayerXX.7138
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Colin.4568 said:

Those fractals relies on usual GW2 stuff, your skills and abilities. They said they heard the complaints on Sunqua, well it seems they did not

Well, then I'm pretty sure this fractal also rely on skill and abilities too.

Either that or you tell me the difference between juggling with a treasure bag or energy ball with movement skill and using movement skill to do a bit of jumping puzzle (there are jumping puzzle in some fractals too) 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Well, then I'm pretty sure this fractal also rely on skill and abilities too.

Either that or you tell me the difference between juggling with a treasure bag or energy ball with movement skill and using movement skill to do a bit of jumping puzzle (there are jumping puzzle in some fractals too) 

I'm not gonna engage in a debate around this, we have a different view on what skills are in gw2 and that's fine. I personally see a difference between having the ability to use your skills to supports player having to ensure gimmicks such as treasure bags, or using any skill you might think of to cheese JPs in fractals versus almost every player of the squad being restricted to SAK.

But let's not derail 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

The HP sponge ia worse than the the first bit. Check a youtube playthrough and the wiki walkthrough and in two or three tries you should have it nailed.

I mean I did and I'm just an average Joe.

Edited by Swoo.5079
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I suspect that this is designed in the same way as sunqua peak, that the cm will portal you straight to the boss for a two phase fight removing the training mechanics.  If this is the case, the solution is gek gud so you can do the cm, and not having to do the training parts is the reward. 

I think a good solution is only requiring one person on all tiers to complete the jp to advance the instance.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Colin.4568 said:

Please remove the useless gimmicky stuff, your last communication before releasing it was that you heard the complains on fractals not being straightforward enough.

thats called a Strike

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Actually not that hard. Was clueless yesterday - when I did it the first time on tier 2 and full run. (Before that 2 tries where I joind late at the boss.) A vid and the wiki can help. The later thing when a wind cannon shoots you into the zip line ... ist the most annoying/weird.  Description at the wiki helped on knowing to where to go/jump further.

Other than that with the explosive powder it is easy. Have yet to try to do it without that. (Still got the bugged achievement that should be awarded in t4 only ... when I joined late at t1 boss and did not have to do the jumping. So It counted as not having used the explosive boost skill.)

Some longer section with removing the combat completely (until final boss - also the small mini combat sections should be removed) would be more fun though. With checkpointing and allowing one runner + /gg for the others. (Not having 3 to go to the circle.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

I like gimmicky stuff, simple JPs. That said, I find the gimmicks in both Sunqua and Silent Surf a little bit annoying. Sunqua where you have to pick up kitten to enable your jump or just too many special abilities and too much emphasis in Silent Surf. On the other hand Hypernova Launch and Enhanced Reflexes in SO and TO feel really good. 1 button, very responsive and intuitive and makes you feel strong and has multiple purposes. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, SlayerXX.7138 said:

If you are on T1, they probably skip it because of the over tuned Hp bar, not the jumping puzzle. The jumping puzzle feels quite easy after doing it once, for me at least. In general i would prefer Jumping puzzles in instanced content are handled like shiverpeak pass, where you only need one person to carry the rest.

This. They already don't give the puzzle achievement to the people who take the NPC's portals but otherwise the need to gave 2 players to make the NPC unlock checkpoints seems not really great. I know that there are some ennemies to kill each time but they could activate the portals before each.

Edited by Anvar.5673
typo
  • Confused 2

Every fractal is a gimmicky mess, thats just how it is. What silent surf is, is too long due to final boss mechanics slapped on a high hp pool. Most fractals are some platforming, some fights and you are done in 7-8 min. Silent surf is like 1-2 min platforming and a 10-15 min fight. What is this, a strike mission?

Not worth the time, especially if your group manages to wipe at 66%-33% (or even worse, below 33%). If there were checkpoints in the fight, maybe it wouldve been better. But even so its mostly a waste of time in T3 and below.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I remember anet said that long time ago they wanted fractals to be something u can do quick in you lunch break .. but that dosent add up anymore. I dont understand that they heard how all dislike how long sunqua pre was and said they heard the feedback but than they make a new one right after with same long pre. Im doin fractals daily each day and sunqua and this new one many people simple skip. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

22 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

The grappling segment really should have just been an open world jp or adventure. I wouldn't want to do it again considering how the boss HP just adds onto how awful this fractal is.

How do you fail over 100 Dragon's Ends? 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Fractals are supposed to be about lore that happened in Tyria's history, therefore, there will be things that are not "straight forward" - it's telling a story. If you don't like stories being told, a MMORPG isn't the game for you.

Edited by leila.7962
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, leila.7962 said:

Fractals are supposed to be about lore that happened in Tyria's history, therefore, there will be things that are not "straight forward" - it's telling a story. If you don't like stories being told, a MMORPG isn't the game for you.

Weird, I thought they were short 5 player instances, in which you can enjoy group play and farm things (the fundamental activities in an MMO). If I want a story I'll read a book.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

7 hours ago, leila.7962 said:

lol definitely not true what u said but ok

• Like 3
  • Confused 7

On 7/7/2023 at 6:52 PM, Colin.4568 said:

Those fractals relies on usual GW2 stuff, your skills and abilities. They said they heard the complaints on Sunqua, well it seems they did not.

And btw it's not related to knowledge or not, you will always have people not understanding those special actions + special path to follow (just look at the number of T4 experienced players still not knowing that your SAK is refreshed when catching a ball in shattered observatory, or the fact that you can identify the positions of hidden chests in deepstone).

There is a space for trying out some playstyle without using usual skillset, it's the adventures like crab toss and such, they can put this part into those kind of stuff if they want to, it's fun, but it's not fractal related.

It just shows that those players never tried to learn the mechanics and just got carried through t4. So I'd question using the term experienced.

• Confused 1

On 7/8/2023 at 1:17 PM, Hotride.2187 said:

Every fractal is a gimmicky mess, thats just how it is. What silent surf is, is too long due to final boss mechanics slapped on a high hp pool. Most fractals are some platforming, some fights and you are done in 7-8 min. Silent surf is like 1-2 min platforming and a 10-15 min fight. What is this, a strike mission?

Not worth the time, especially if your group manages to wipe at 66%-33% (or even worse, below 33%). If there were checkpoints in the fight, maybe it wouldve been better. But even so its mostly a waste of time in T3 and below.

The boss takes 4-5min. You would need like 3k dps per player for a 15min fight. the boss should just enrage at the 10min mark so maybe people finally realize that their ultra low dps is not intended.

Not every boss needs checkpoints. I am not a fan of TO or arts checkpoints either. Most of the problems could be solved if the build and trait system would be locked for players until they can beat certain challenges. Power creep is out of control and yet some people still manage to do 3k dps.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1