Please give non WvW Players the Chance to craft Legendary Weapons without forcing People to play it.

I mean anet could make it so wvw players can sell their gifts of battle for 20 gold a piece, I got 146 gifts of battle just sitting around gathering dust.  It would let wvw players get more reward money and the pve nerds become happier for the ease of access at the cost of their prescious and endless Shiny coins. 💰👏🎉

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

I mean anet could make it so wvw players can sell their gifts of battle for 20 gold a piece, I got 146 gifts of battle just sitting around gathering dust.  It would let wvw players get more reward money and the pve nerds become happier for the ease of access at the cost of their prescious and endless Shiny coins. 💰👏🎉

I would sell mine for 20g a piece lol. 100g a piece maybe. But it is a good suggestion. 😄 100g weeeeee!

Edited by babana.7521
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

I got 146 gifts of battle just sitting around gathering dust.

Well, you could sell them for 6 silver each. That's what my friend does, lol.

Realistically speaking, the difference between crafting cost and buying cost for gen 1/3 seems to be consistently around 600-700. So it should never be more than that.

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/legendaries

Some other places seem to value Gift of Mastery (Map Exploration + GoB) at 600 gold (this matches the differences seen on the TP), and map exploration takes longer than 8 hours for a normal player. Estimates seem to be around 20 hours. So adding all the random stuff and the 8 hours of GoB could be around 30 hours; 8/30 * 600 ~ 160 gold.

Of course Gen 3's a bit more complicated and then gen 2's can't even be bought. 200 sounds good.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

If Gifts of Battle/Exploration could be sold on the TP, players would figure out what they want to buy/pay for it.  Some players may not think 20G is enough to sell a GoB and therefore not list it for that amount, but some might be.  And people buying them could figure out what they want to pay for them.

I always find it a bit odd that the gifts themselves can not be sold there, but the end result (legendary weapons) can be, except for the gen 2s that are account bound.

This can also create a black market economy - send me precursor + other needed gifts and 100 G, and I'll provide the GoB and send back the weapon to you.  Unless you really trust the person making the offer, really dangerous, but this is a way players can sort of sell the GoBs right now, or players can buy them.

7 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

You dont get any reward track progress in there tho.

So only keep/tower taker and sentry daily is completable there right?

Correction.

You get less "Reward track" progression in eotm. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Reward_Track

You don't get "Skirmish reward track" progression in eotm because you only earn skirmish pips on the four wvw maps. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track

Most players want the skirmish track progress as well, for the wvw legendary armor. This may change with ow legendary armor coming up, and maybe pve'ers will go to eotm more often for the gob instead.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Correction.

You get less "Reward track" progression in eotm. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Reward_Track

You don't get "Skirmish reward track" progression in eotm because you only earn skirmish pips on the four wvw maps. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track

Most players want the skirmish track progress as well, for the wvw legendary armor. This may change with ow legendary armor coming up, and maybe pve'ers will go to eotm more often for the gob instead.

Thx for the correction I kinda figured they were 1 and the same =P

If you want a legendary but don't want to wvw, save up gold and just buy it off the TP. Problem solved.

Alternatively, wait for the BL chest to update to contain those potions of pvp/wvw reward track progress and swipe your way to a gift of battle. No WVW required.

I'm not a wvw-er but I've ground out GoB's many times as well as Conflux and the home instance catmanders. I can indeed verify that a bit of wvw won't kill you. Just put on some tunes, find a tag to follow, and zerg until your reward track finishes.

• Like 3

Just join a zerg and run along. It's very easy and fast to get gift of battle. I was an active WvW player once because PvP bored me and my guild who I raided with when disbanded before the release of w3 and I couldn't get back to it through lfg and its gatekeeping. I have 40+ of those gifts in my bank and I already have all gen 1 legendaries. 
Even if you don't do WvW actively there's dalies you can quickly grab like kill a Dolyak or capture a ruin or kill a sentry or spend 25 tokens. It's very easy and takes less than 10 minutes. 
However if you're up joining a friendly community and server and you're on EU I can point you to Abaddon's Mouth. The WvW community is so nice there. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

If people really want to buy GoBs, then for people that didn't have to put in about 8-10 hours of work can pay the price we people that do WvW set. I wouldn't say 20 or 100g, the fact that I am compensating for someone that unwilling going into the mode, though I have to do all of the tedious stuf for PVE I say 350g for GoB is more than fair if it was tradeable on the TP.

Y'all wanna a free ride, then you can pay the toll. 

Edited by Dreams.3128
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

That's a contradictory statement.

Is it though?

I mean I can give you free ride, but then you got the service fee, the transaction fee, taxes, completely optional but minimum tip and then tax on that too. 

Also you're paying for any extra fees including tolls.

10 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Is it though?

I mean I can give you free ride, but then you got the service fee, the transaction fee, taxes, completely optional but minimum tip and then tax on that too. 

Also you're paying for any extra fees including tolls.

If one is paying fees, then what is obtained isn't "free".

1 minute ago, costepj.5120 said:

Sounds like a scam to me. You have won $1 million dollars; just send me $1,000 so I can process your prize.

Well yes but its the thought that counts. If it wasnt a scam and you won that 1 million dollars, you wouldnt say "oh man I'm so happy I won $999000!", would you? Be honest now.

Also no can do kharmin. Red? Are you serious? I'd die before I hand over a red car even you paid me for it, I wouldnt want anyone to suffer that fate.

Unfortunetly I can give you any other color. Only got red left.

There are ways to get the Gift of Battle without stepping in WvW. Though it takes a year and requires making sure you log in every day to do every Big Spender that shows up.

I wouldn't mind them letting players use their Gifts of Exploration as an alternative to GoB though. Especially because doing that takes longer.

• Haha 1

I'm not even sure if you could get a GoB with only Big spender dailies - simply because the big spender daily requires badges of honor, which (AFAIK) you only get through playing WvW.  Looks like you can get some via achievement chests, but it seems like one would eventually run out of them (though I suppose this depends on rate of getting APs and the badges from the chests vs being spent).  Looks like each Big Spender would cost a net of 15 badges, since you'll get 10 back in the chest you get for doing it.

• Confused 1

As someone who has crafted multiple Gen 2 lege's...

They can take the GoB requirement out as soon as they take the fractal requirements out of lege crafting.  Also, they need to remove the raid requirements for the one lege ring because I don't like raids.

See the problem here?

Legit, they could decouple the whole thing through the Wizards Fart Box or whatever it is called, but that would really drive people to essentially only open world PvE.  Not sure that's a great idea.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

As someone who has crafted multiple Gen 2 lege's...

They can take the GoB requirement out as soon as they take the fractal requirements out of lege crafting.  Also, they need to remove the raid requirements for the one lege ring because I don't like raids.

See the problem here?

Legit, they could decouple the whole thing through the Wizards Fart Box or whatever it is called, but that would really drive people to essentially only open world PvE.  Not sure that's a great idea.

Do you need fractals for anything but the 4x Gen2 HoT Leggies?

And you don't need the raid ring. You can use 2 confluxes.

Open World PvE is the most distinctive feature of GW2 (I guess WvW is a close second). They should keep improving it, adding more intricate meta events but also making sure people have a decent learning curve and know how to use proper Open World sustain builds (which are the cousins of sPvP and WvW roaming builds) instead of pushing boon blobs of the style of WvW blobs and instanced content.

I guess I'm lucky I enjoy 5 players instanced content, open world PvE, WvW and don't mind sPvP in short bursts but have little interest in the 10 man instanced content.

Again, as someone that plays WvW (got 2 confluxes and light, medium and heavy WvW leg armor), I don't see the point of having longbow PvE build players on my side blob. They will do no damage and die quick allowing enemies to rally.

Edited by Swoo.5079
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1