test

Whaoz.8630

3 minutes ago, bluegoon.6918 said:

I'm a professional accredited creative director with multiple international awards, including Cannes, my comments are directed at the developers, not you.  Don't @ me, thank you. 

And I am a gamer who likes this game and has been playing it for several years. I like the UI. It is simple and pleasant to look at.

If you put a thread on a public discussion forum, you can expect people to comment on it. That's how it works.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bluegoon.6918 said:

I'm a professional accredited creative director with multiple international awards, including Cannes, my comments are directed at the developers, not you.  Don't @ me, thank you. 

And as a professional accredited creative director with multiple international awards, you decided that best method you have to contact AN is official forums, and then decided that other forum users are not allowed to respond to you. On one end it sounds empty as there is no way average forum user is supposed to verify that information, and if you were what you claim you would have bettr means of contacting ArenaNet studios than official game forum, but on another hand, you attitude of complete detachment of reality does indeed fit the profile of someone who got couple of awards and allowed it to get to his head so I am unsure what to think about that whole... thing.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

The only thing that needs an update isn't the UI's design but its lack of customization options as to place elements where you'd prefer them to be. The current UI is indeed too static, even GW1 would let you adjust positions of each UI element.

As for the OP, sorry, but your rewards mean nothing when people love the design of this game the way it is. 😉

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, bluegoon.6918 said:

UI is fine, sounds like a "you" problem. And yeah, that rude attitude fits your director role perfectly. "Mimimi other people don't matter".

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Absolutely NOT.

Coming from WoW where devs got lazy and pawned off UI updates to the mod community, it sucked. Most of the UI's were clunky pieces of crap yes including Elvui or whatever it was called. This caused the native UI to go untouched for almost 2 decades. Pure laziness. We still can't even drag screens around without mods...even after the "UI revamp" they've been working on.

So no. The current UI here is more than fine and looks great. Any updates to it should come directly from Arenanet only.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, bluegoon.6918 said:

Devs, take a step back, allow people to mod new UIs, for God's sake this isn't okay, the ancient rastirized brush strokes were cool but this is insane.  Move on. 

I can't believe I had to write this. 

I would love mod support, but I have no issue with the UI beside some small QoL changes.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Marikus.1875 said:

Absolutely NOT.

Coming from WoW where devs got lazy and pawned off UI updates to the mod community, it sucked. Most of the UI's were clunky pieces of crap yes including Elvui or whatever it was called. This caused the native UI to go untouched for almost 2 decades. Pure laziness. We still can't even drag screens around without mods...even after the "UI revamp" they've been working on.

So no. The current UI here is more than fine and looks great. Any updates to it should come directly from Arenanet only.

ui addons in WOW where great. dam i wish i still had screenshots from my ui it was a mystical construct rotation of lights when active my burst.  with macros and everything.

to the topic gw2 ui looks ok always open for improvments of course.

• Confused 4

I'm all for customization (from Anet) but the current UI does need some cleanup and better clarity. Like better boons/buff bar that isn't an entire mess and can be hidden behind map if you have too many.

Knowing what auto attack chain you are on if you are not familiar with a class. The pictures are like the same color so it is difficult to know what you are looking at most of the time.

They actually need to fix if a trait/skill or whatever UI info is too long. There is like one trait I remembered that contains too much info to the point it's off the screen. This needs to be updated/fixed.

Edited by oCynder.5136
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Optional customisation is fine. The only permanent fixture I don’t like are the mount and novelty menus crammed to the side of the skill bar. I’d like to remove those. The rest of the ui is better than other mmos I’ve played. Simple and clear as it should be 

Allied buff bars also need a clean up and it being clearer what a creature has bugged/debuffed. When I try to mouse hover over an icon, the constantly moving debuffs means ian icon has changed location whilst I’m reading it

• Sad 1

Outside of having a hundred buff/debuffs on the bar the UI is simplistic. You can move the 4 corner elements around if you wish, and considering you have a maximum of 10 skills at any one time the UI is 90% great. GW1 had the most customizable UI of all time, so we do not need to mod the game whatsoever.

-Your friend, the person who tries to read the debuff that keeps moving which is map or meta relevant and not because allies keep buffing me and moving the debuff somewhere I cannot find.

• Sad 1

I think the only change I'd like is a more detailed version of the existing option to hide parts of the UI in and out of combat. I'd like more options, like hiding the chat box when no one's talking, but showing it when they are. (I know the chat still appears if you minimise the box, but then it doesn't have the background so it's hard to read). Or hiding the skill bar out of combat but still showing boons and conditions, or showing the health bar out of combat if I've taken damage.

I'd especially like to hide parts of the Objects list seperately, although the ideal for me would be to manually remove things from the list (like choose for each event that comes up if I want to show or hide it) and then have a menu which shows everything that could be there so I can check the full list or un-hide things. What I want to see changes depending on what I'm doing so I don't think automating it would work.

37 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think the only change I'd like is a more detailed version of the existing option to hide parts of the UI in and out of combat. I'd like more options, like hiding the chat box when no one's talking, but showing it when they are. (I know the chat still appears if you minimise the box, but then it doesn't have the background so it's hard to read). Or hiding the skill bar out of combat but still showing boons and conditions, or showing the health bar out of combat if I've taken damage.

I'd especially like to hide parts of the Objects list seperately, although the ideal for me would be to manually remove things from the list (like choose for each event that comes up if I want to show or hide it) and then have a menu which shows everything that could be there so I can check the full list or un-hide things. What I want to see changes depending on what I'm doing so I don't think automating it would work.

also a split between pvp and pve ui

thx for the vote J 

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Manpag.6421 said:

As someone who has never played WoW, how did UI mods destroy it?

The use of mods like DBM and Weakauras caused the devs to create encounters that are realistically unmanageable without the addons. The encounters have gotten so convoluted and frankly stupid, that any noob that goes into a raid or even mythic+ dungeon without at the minimum DBM will be at a huge disadvantage compared to someone who does have it.

These addons have automated so much that you literally have a voice screaming in your ear when to move, what to dodge, what to disspell, when to blink, what to think etc. It's stupid. 

It's unnecessary. It has created some serious mechanics bloat. A user without these UI elements flashing on their screen on when to do XYZ is no match for a user that does have it, this is also true in PvP...

If i remember correctly when devs introduced the build  change option (small triangle button above weapon swap button) from ui, they said they did it like that because the dev who designed the ui is not at company anymore and if anything goes wrong it will be a mess to fix it as it was!
Only thing i want to be removed is this
https://imgur.com/OYpgRre

Since i have food etc above my skill bar, why i need to have them on party spot too!
I can see clearly when food,banner or anything else expires, i dont need it on two spots!
Just leave the buffs and remove food and everything else!

Edited by alteriel valie.4751