Is there any balance update preview?

JPUlisses.8756

2 hours ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

What difference does it make?  To get a jumpstart and save gold on buying respec components earlier than other people?

It's not like you can expect anything good, or for them to leverage feedback in order to refine or prevent the release of a horrible update either way lol.

Well, knowing exactly what to expect and plan accordingly does help. Knowing if something is getting reworked, or how much a spec is getting nerfed. Not all of us have legendary gear to just swap quickly on the fly after all, nor can we just make gold rain from the sky cause we have ten years of a bank vault to dump on the auction house.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 9/22/2023 at 8:37 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

🙏 Hopefully no Warrior changes. 🙏

This way, they can't make it any worse than it already is. 

The only changes is for Warrior Profession to be severely nerfed. Warrior Profession is no exception for contributing to Toxicity

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 8

I am just expecting Anet to bonk all popular weapon after SotO releases so things like pistol/torch on Necros, Hammer on Engineer and probably Elementalist, maybe greatsword on Revenant....

Well there's no doubt Scourge will receive a hit but knowing Anet, they tend to kill things before buffing them back slowly....or not. So yeah kind of waiting for the preview to see how much I'll dread the update

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They already warned that there would be nerfs, so it is understandable that they do not advance anything. They know very well that there will be people angry, so why post anything? 😆

Although sometimes I think why they bother. In short, when people don't like their numbers... they cheat and nothing happens. A while ago in fractals there was one in my group and he had no qualms about recognizing it. An "XD" was the single reaction in the group. 

If in competitive modes, cheaters run rampant, imagine in PvE.

About the Patch Notes....  as usual:    nerfs here, nerfs there..............   few irrelevant buffs or QoL no one is asking for and finally the most important:  A lot of  "GREAT WORDS"  and promises of "FUTURE"  big balances and "REWORKS".

Player:  Rework of the gyros... when?
Anet:  What are they? LoL skills?

Player:   🥴 😞

Although by watching the Mirage and how it ended...................  Maybe it is better to forget that they promised a rework for the gyros as nothing good can be expected. 

Anyways, be ready fot the "great balance".

º\_^^_/*

😁

Edited by Zoser.7245
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

That I wouldn't mind. I always loved thorns builds and have been baffled why modern designs seem so against them.

It is most likely due in the past full berserker builds would blow themselves up going against individuals that stacked soldiers sentinels or pretty much anything with decent toughness that could gain that boon by a trait or utility skill.  Even without the need for increased  boon duration  with base being like 2 to 3 seconds. instead of it being why is the target I have chosen that is running tank/sustain stats not blowing up when I run full on big kitten tail whip, it's like they are wearing armor or something. So instead of deciding to swap to a more weaker target that would likely  shatter more quickly to the DPS it became a complaining situation in which tanks could survive DPS builds. Which pretty much sums up the situation right now where   crit damage builds primarily  makes toughness/ armor do nothing and to be able to take a hit you want to hot glue a permaprotection dot to your pinky finger and cover it with fury swiftness Regen alac quickness maybe some might and stability but each of those before stab and protection though because nothing like removing swiftness and alac off a foe meanwhile it just stalls their damage rotation and doesn't do much otherwise. Condition builds generally counter most tanky builds because they eat through the enemies "armour" which makes general sense whether it be tanks or healing designed builds. One would figure that crit damage builds would work decently well against condition based builds since burst is a thing I guess for berserks or whatever hybrid it's called now🤔 Boonamincritjaro 🤷‍♂️ idk trying to understand anet logic is like swimming up a river with fish tied to ones arms and legs with half of the fish swimming up the river to their logical home and the other fish making way in panic towards the open sea. Both fish being use to freshwater and not accustomed to salt water. Once the fish approaching the sea finally subcome to the salt water the fish heading to their logical home take advantage and right at the end of the journey a fish barely gets its fin into It's logical home before all of them subcome to the journey to regain the logic only for the person being dragged by the fish to be send back down the river as the fish pulling them to the logic then spin them around back out to sea.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

That I wouldn't mind. I always loved thorns builds and have been baffled why modern designs seem so against them.

Can't speak for other designers, but in GW2's case I think it's for WvW. Retribution triggering per hit meant that any build relying on multihit attacks, particularly multihit area attacks, was prone to blowing itself up if an enemy group had retaliation. Flamethrower was particularly infamous for being a ticket straight to downstate.

48 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Can't speak for other designers, but in GW2's case I think it's for WvW. Retribution triggering per hit meant that any build relying on multihit attacks, particularly multihit area attacks, was prone to blowing itself up if an enemy group had retaliation. Flamethrower was particularly infamous for being a ticket straight to downstate.

I mean the answer is so simple since they already invented it; don't add it to PvP or WvW. Or it can be a punishment for those zerg balls that just blindly run in WvW since that gets old fast.

On 9/15/2023 at 5:41 AM, Doggie.3184 said:

Preview rite here: No fix for the Deadeye Auto Attack bug or and no fix for the Daredevil Bound Finisher bug. 😢No Ricochet- Deadly Aim trait still broken. Specter is still locked to Condi Scepter only, with bad minor traits, which means it still won't be able to use Staff/Rifle/Etc. Rifle still gets no AoE and Dual Pistols and Rifle remain having nearly the same moveset.

See, my preview was accurate.