Make Gift of Battle avaliable in PvE

18 minutes ago, xKya.4126 said:

heyhey,

it always annoyes me and some of my friends, when you want to craft a legendary, you have to get into WvW to get your Gift of Battle. 

How about changing that and make it buyable with other currencies?

For the raid people, make it cost 200 magnetite shards?

For the open world people, make it cost 100 provisioners tokens?

For the pvp people, make a PvP reward track for them or use PvP currency to buy it?

Of course you can adjust the prices more, but its an example of how it could work.

So everyone can get a Gift of Battle in his favourite way to play the game? Without being forced into WvW and just leeching it or being afk flipping a camp every 5 minutes not to lose the parcitipation.

But first GoB still has to be completed n wvw.

In the other thread about it, one suggested it can be crafted via the mystic forge.

Which is ok, the recipe can be unlocked once the first GoB track got completed in wvw.

Same ofc with the GoE, right?

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Confused 2

No. Play content get things.

And I personally know quite a few that hated wvw and because of GoB are now avid wvw players. Give the mode and yourself a chance. 

And before it's said that it is not fun. It is a perspective thing. The game should push you out of your bubble. Games should challenge you. And if you truly find it that laborious you can always buy it off the TP. You are not gatekept by GoB. It's only a barrier in your mind.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Still believing legendaries gitfs and such should be obtainable fully in any game type (pve, pvp & wvw), but perhaps favoring certain gifts in one of them.

There has been in many case a clear diferentiation between the communities of each game mode and having them doing content that is totally a different game mode (not the apex of one for example) seems against customer satisfaction.

Edited by Lucius.2140
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

And that's coming from someone who did clock in a quite a few hundred hours in it. After a year or so hiatus, seeing the reward track buff, I went in again, to get the final material for a legendary, and what a mistake. I'm suffering through the track as I write this and I can't kittening put into words how kittening infuriating this gameplay is.

WvW is in shambles, its easily in the worst state it's ever been balance wise, at least for my server. I'm sure the other two curbstomping us is having fun :^) I'm sure the immortal willbenders with 100% stability, resistance uptime and top raid tier dps are having a kittening blast as well.

It's not fun. At all. The outnumbered buff does nothing besides giving another reason to keep throwing your dead body at a wall. Lot of the skills are bugged as hell, letting people pull you from ~2000 range, or even through the goddamn door.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 19

1 minute ago, genjonah.1253 said:

Oh thank goodness, it had been almost a full ten minutes since the last time this exact thread had been made for the millionth time

suck it up. If you want the legendary thing, do the legendary requirement

and WvW remains the most fun game mode outside of festivals 

kitten i hit a nerve, yeah man it must be an obscure non-problem if you see this exact same thread the millionth time, those others are just wrong as well, a million people wrong, you though? totally right

I KNOW! lets add an spvp gift to all the legendaries and double down!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 13

2 minutes ago, melodyca.8921 said:

I have a couple of Gift of Battles, its not difficult and ir doesn't take long. Its fine the way it is. We can't be handed everything in this game

yeah because the rest of the legendary mats are just handed to you, like that 77 clover which is most of the gold cost

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 10

I always found it a bit odd that there are these items (legendary weapons) that can be earned through this long grind that is 98% doable in one game mode, yet for some reason that 2% is still there, forcing players to play a game mode they don't want to play.

I support Gift of Battle through some PvE method, and I support Gift of Exploration from some WvW/PvP method. Keep people out of content they dislike and the content will remain better for it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 9