Legendary Items Drop from Harvesting and Fishing

3 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

Is this the start of the "I shouldn't be forced to do events and collections for Legendary Armor. Where's my Legendary Armor from fishing?"-threads?

No its not, its just RNG, imagine some random legendary npc had died underwater and their legendary gear is waiting for us to find. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 9

10 minutes ago, babana.7521 said:

No its not, its just RNG, imagine some random legendary npc had died underwater and their legendary gear is waiting for us to find. 

The wiki 2 days after this is implemented. 

- List of all locations of npcs. 

- Respawn timers. 

- Drop chance known for all legendary gear. 

You see thousand of people camping the respawn location. 

Legendary gear and all required materials plummeted in Value. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, babana.7521 said:

I like it.

Now add some story to it, add some collections and materials for "activating" the legendary item we found and bam, you got something.

Well technically you might want to remove the rng element in starting the collection, so it's more fair. So let's get rid of that part and let's go.

aaaaand that's exactly what we have right now in game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

The only way fishing legendaries would happen would be something like this;

1. Talk to an NPC who tells you about sunken treasure, starting a collection.

2. Fish in different locations to find collectible items. Included would be item purchase steps that require obscene amounts of various fish rarities to necessitate a lot of fishing. Something to the tune of tens of thousands of fish fillets.

4. You end up with a precursor that you still need all the usual gifts to turn into an item.

However you want to look at it the time/gold investment needs to be on par with other acquisition methods. Because fishing is easy, grindable, and can be done solo, this would need to lean heavily into being extremely tedious/gold intensive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

To be fair to the OP gen 1 precursor weapons are random drops from almost anywhere which drops equipment (the one I got came from a noxious pod in Dragon's Stand), and that was their original (and for a while only) source. I can't remember if you can get equipment from fishing, but if so it might already be possible to get precursors, just absurdly rare.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

To be fair to the OP gen 1 precursor weapons are random drops from almost anywhere which drops equipment (the one I got came from a noxious pod in Dragon's Stand), and that was their original (and for a while only) source. I can't remember if you can get equipment from fishing, but if so it might already be possible to get precursors, just absurdly rare.

There are gear drops from fishing, but I think it's Masterwork Unidentified Gear only, which theoretically can identify into a precursor since they can yield exotics, but that's one in a million.

Opening them you probably get 1 exotic every couple thousand Unidentifieds, and that exotic being a precursor is super low on top of that.

There're many places you can get gen 1 precursor nowadays though, I've gotten one from a Grand Auric Basin Chest, one from a Large Essence Chest in Bjoras Marches and one from an Icebound Chest in Bitterfrost Frontier as well as one from opening Rare Unidentified Gear.

I like this idea , also one ledendary set for the Minigames , just like achiv  to show your dedication .

Too bad this game is pg13 , and we cannot get a set that unlocks  "mortal combat' finisher at 10% and the "F"or "F5"(show for a sec) button with the rod , by  ripping something out.

Can the legendary set + rod , allows us to "steal' weapons" from the enemy ? And people can play some WvW for some "echanced weapons efects" or reduce the cd or from every 10% hp of the enemy you can use it every 8%?

Or rip the Boss plates (armor) by pulling on the Invulible states , but reduces your Str by xxx factor for xxx min and offer your group aoe Str ? (cought..)

Or Thresh Lattern for you or yourfriend and sufrifice 2 random utilities

(rod is evolved to harpoon)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 6

9 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

While this would be exciting from a role-playing explorer perspective, it cannot be done in an MMO which depends on people spending tons of time and resources on legendary gear.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

40 minutes ago, jason.1083 said:

There are gear drops from fishing, but I think it's Masterwork Unidentified Gear only, which theoretically can identify into a precursor since they can yield exotics, but that's one in a million.

Opening them you probably get 1 exotic every couple thousand Unidentifieds, and that exotic being a precursor is super low on top of that.

Problem solved then. You already can get a legendary precursor from fishing, with the same drop rate as most other parts of the game. (Yes that's an incredibly tiny chance, but it's the same chance you have anywhere else.)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Zaraki.5784 said:

I really don't understand what you are trying to say OP.

Every time a player uses harvesting tool, or they go fishing, there is a chance they can get a legendary item. There is no achievement involve, it's not a to do list. It's a chance drop of a legendary item related to x activities.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

9 hours ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

Legendary is not precursor. .... don't know why anyone wants a precursor ... 

Anet are obviously not going to give out complete legendary items as random drops, so that's not really worth discussing. But they do give precursors as random drops, so that's the realistic outcome of the OP's request (which apparently is already in the game).

And it should be obvious why anyone wants a precursor because you cannot get a legendary item without first getting the precursor.

• Confused 2

14 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

Every time a player uses harvesting tool, or they go fishing, there is a chance they can get a legendary item. There is no achievement involve, it's not a to do list. It's a chance drop of a legendary item related to x activities.

Be careful what you wish for you might just get it.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Spike

Instead of spike it can be chip from mining, splinter from woodcuting, stem from foraging and fish scale from fishing.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

Well, that's just nonsense then.

• Confused 1