Gyala Delve is a dead map [Merged]

Heibi.4251

Just did the meta in Gyala Delve. Barely had 20 people. We were able to finish the first and second meta.  And once we finished the original metas we had fewer. The Third meta(Legendary Ravenous Wanderer) needs massive numbers. We failed miserably. Couldn't even get the boss to 75%. The fight does not scale at all. 

The main reason this angers me is because the third meta fight is tied to an achievement collection that can't be done anymore due to the map being a ghost town. Either make the fight scale or make the achievement count even on time failure.

Edited by Heibi.4251
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 4

unfortunately... like most things Anet puts out,  if you care about the achievements its best to do them when the map is new... that's when you will have the numbers.    Gyala is such a painfully long map and pretty disjointed being split into different metas parts, that most people just don't find them worth it to do anymore because the rewards dont line up with the time/work required.    You also have to keep in mind the Halloween festival is going on now, and tons of folks would much rather be farming that then doing low reward unfun metas.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

57 minutes ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

Triple Trouble says hi, too.

You know I have never done that one? Been on my list a long time but I've never gotten around to it. While I could say that about a LOT of content in the game that's a part of core that I actually feel bad about not having completed and finding a map to do it is like pulling teeth from an unsedated wolverine.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Heibi.4251 said:

Just did the meta in Gyala Delve. Barely had 20 people. We were able to finish the first and second meta.  And once we finished the original metas we had fewer. The Third meta(Legendary Ravenous Wanderer) needs massive numbers. We failed miserably. Couldn't even get the boss to 75%. The fight does not scale at all. 

The main reason this angers me is because the third meta fight is tied to an achievement collection that can't be done anymore due to the map being a ghost town. Either make the fight scale or make the achievement count even on time failure.

In WoW, we don't even have people running in old zones. They are literal ghost zones.

Be happy you had those 20 people in 10 year old content lol.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Heibi.4251 said:

Gyala Delve is only about 1 year old. LOL

Be happy you had those 20 people in 1 year old content lol. 

I also especially love how no mention of server/time OP was on was mentioned. 

Could have been at 1am on a Thursday for all we know...CONTEXT FOLKS, IT MATTERS.

Edited by Marikus.1875
  • Like 4
  • Confused 10

I'd guess that once you have the achievement, you will never want to do that third meta again.  The one time I did it everyone complained about how long and repetitive it is, vowing never to return.  It is not surprising at all that it is rarely done.  The general design could be fun, but the obvious time padding makes it terrible.  They should adjust it to make it more attractive.  

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Lots of things are more dead during Halloween than they were a week ago though. Seems to me people are farming the labyrinth and it pulls people away from all over the game. That's what brainless gold will do to the population. It doesn't even have to be tons of gold. It's mindless, so people can farm it.

Gyala doesn't provide enough to compete, but it's done often enough. You not finding a group during the first week of Halloween doesn't make it a dead map.,  Shrugs.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Marikus.1875 said:

Be happy you had those 20 people in 1 year old content lol. 

I also especially love how no mention of server/time OP was on was mentioned. 

Could have been at 1am on a Thursday for all we know...CONTEXT FOLKS, IT MATTERS.

Also it's Mad King starting week, which is where a lot of people are.  Context definitely matters.   If you play at some odd time, you may not have a full reset's worth of population.  Yep, it can be inconvenient, but not unexpected.   

I see regular groups, during non festival weeks, running in LFG.  And people, don't be afraid to post in LFG.   Don't always expect maps to magically fill just because you're standing there.  Sometimes people see it and think hey, I haven't done that in a while.  

• Like 5

I’m sorry you had a bad experience, but it definitely isn’t dead. I normally do Gyala once a day at least; sometimes I’ll go back and do it on another char for another two big reward chests, but it’s sad that the Ancient Outcast’s chests are limited by account rather than character.

I didn’t do it yesterday, because when I first looked on LFG the squad was just finishing the second meta, and another started too late for me, but there are still regular runs. It’s also pretty profitable, if you ignore the advice to only use the regular filter until the end boss. I use the treasure hunter one all the way through, and either don’t need to refresh it or only need to refresh it once. There are so many chests, and while not super common, the Energised Luxon Hunters Weapon Caches still sell for 40–50g.

I still don’t have a commander tag, but I’m thinking of buying one soon and when I do I’ll run regular mega groups there.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Triple Trouble is far from dead. There are organized runs every single day, at least on EU servers.

TTT is also fun while Gyala is as brain dead as possible. Most bosses are literary unmovable blobs that do nothing while you whack them for a few minutes. And theres the tunel.

• Like 3

Gyala's the first and only map I haven't bothered to complete up to now (including SotO maps), so I just pretend it doesn't exist. Whenever I go there, it's a complete ghost town where 3/4 of the map is inaccessible because nobody's started the meta event and there's not even enough players to do so. Also, its filled with poison gas (why was this mechanic even necessary?) when uncompleted so I can't stand in the middle of the map and wait it out until the other 3/4 is accessible.

Anet should stop locking map content behind large group meta events that will be dead within a few months to a year, or make them scalable so that 1-2 players can at least unlock the rest of the map on their own whenever the number of active players (not AFKers) in the map goes below a certain number (i.e., Lower the meta starting player requirement from 5 per circle to 1 or 2, change appearing meta champion enemies to elites or veterans, etc. until the player threshold is again reached).

Edited by Poormany.4507
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1