GEMSTORE REQUESTS: New Items; Items offered again - [Merged]

Inspired by an earlier post, some ideas for shield skins;

- An invisible shield skin so we can hide it completely, no extra effects

- A defense oriented weapon of some kind, like a parrying dagger or a sword breaker

- A variety of gauntlets of some kind to block with

- Similar to the above but more Sci Fi, a forearm mounted emitter. The effect would be an energy field which becomes visible when hit

...And... Let me sneakily ask once more for the rebel boots to be separated from the leggings!

I get asked about it from time to time. I don't have them myself. Bring back the Guild Defender Armor. It was there in the early years and was removed when the wardrobe was introduced. Since then you can only buy the chest but no longer the legs and shoulders.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Defender_armor

Edited by Hecksler Der Henker.9280
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

It's similar to the Banded Armor, so that's probably why they only preserved the one piece that differs: the chest armor.

It's similar but not the same. It's like that for other armor weights as well - they're similar but have some differences in dye channeling and details so they don't really fit perfectly with their non-guild counterparts.

I'd like to have the whole sets available too.

• Like 1

Given how cool the Street Noodles Chair is, what about a skiff skin with a similar premise. Like maybe a skiff based off the floating food market boats around the world, or maybe something like Mr. Kim's Lunch Boat/Ship from Fifth Element with chairs you can sit in around the food/counter that you can eat and chill at while other people fish beside you.

Some pics for reference;

Floating Food Market in Damnoen Saduak, Thailand

Mr. Kim's Boat from Fifth Element

Also, here's a few more skiff ideas;

* Juvenile/Pygmy Leviathan - Smaller Skiff-sized version of the leviathan where you're riding on it's back while you ride around fishing. Maybe has some kinda platform type thing hooked on it's back like the Siege Turtles to give a nice flat area to fish from, or simply it has smaller back spikes (to flatten it's back somewhat) since it's younger/different species from the normal Adolescent Leviathans we see so far in game.

* World Turtle - Skiff-sized sea turtle with possibly some mound of earth and a tree growing on it's back. Could give a nice circular/oval surface to move around and fish from. Maybe it could even have a trail effect where petals/leaves from the tree fly off as you move (with there being different intensity of the petals/leaves falling depending on how fast you're traveling).

* Ghost Ship - An ethereal skiff that (depending how it's dyed) could either look like a ghost ship that still lingers after it's captain's untimely end, or maybe a enhanced version of guardian's spirit weapons (which would go aesthetically nice with the Spiritwood fishing rod).

* Surf Board - Literally as it sounds, a tiny simple skiff that you can fish from it, it's just smaller so it doesn't have as much surface area. It's real selling point though could be in it's animations. Like when you're just simply moving around, it could make your character look like they're laying down paddling around, then you use the faster speeds it could have your character standing up actually surfing on some small waves, and finally  for the superspeed, maybe a full proper wave forms around the board and your character surfs in the barrel (I think it's called the green room, but I'm not 100% sure) of the wave. As to why the waves would be flowing in weird directions in which your character is moving, maybe the lore of it could be that the board has some type of Water Djinn enchantment that allows the board to waterbend the water around it and alter it's flow to propel it where and how the rider wants it to go.

1 hour ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

My inner librarian would like to request more skins like the new Scrivener's Shoulders.  Can't have too many books and book-like items!  (Why, yes, I do have The Flameseeker Prophecies Legendary Shield.)

I’m a fellow book-item fan.

Lorekeeper weapons are one of my favorite BL sets. That staff is *chef’s kiss*. I have a book focus on my Ele and had the bloodstone scroll as his back item until the major clipping with his hat got annoying.

Firebrand animations are also wonderful.

I very much wish we could have a light-side version of Binding of Ipos. I’m not into the edgy dark thing, but the floating book fantasy is great.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I’m a fellow book-item fan.

Lorekeeper weapons are one of my favorite BL sets. That staff is *chef’s kiss*. I have a book focus on my Ele and had the bloodstone scroll as his back item until the major clipping with his hat got annoying.

Firebrand animations are also wonderful.

I very much wish we could have a light-side version of Binding of Ipos. I’m not into the edgy dark thing, but the floating book fantasy is great.

Yes to everything you said.  My bookish toons wear glasses instead of a helmet.  😉 I'm working on that focus, The Binding of Ipos, now.  It's too bad they took away the apparent bug that made that big book precede you as you moved along on a mount.  Legendary Weapons take me forever but that's fine because I enjoy the journey.  The Lorekeeper staff is indeed "chef's kiss."  Do you have The Flameseeker Prophecies?  I just finished that the other day and keep staring at it.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

Yes to everything you said.  My bookish toons wear glasses instead of a helmet.  😉 I'm working on that focus, The Binding of Ipos, now.  It's too bad they took away the apparent bug that made that big book precede you as you moved along on a mount.  Legendary Weapons take me forever but that's fine because I enjoy the journey.  The Lorekeeper staff is indeed "chef's kiss."  Do you have The Flameseeker Prophecies?  I just finished that the other day and keep staring at it.

Haven’t made any legendary weapons yet, just armor and trinkets. Flameseeker Proph is a nice skin.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1