Elementalist is so disappointing, it's sad to see

Scar.1793

22 minutes ago, RazieL.5684 said:

idk why would anyone get the first part from what i'm saying... the latter is what everyone is talking about... ele works harder than anyone else to achieve the same results as everyone else... why though? effort should be rewarded...

I guess the part about making the skyscale easier or more "streamlined" is what threw me off.

59 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I guess the part about making the skyscale easier or more "streamlined" is what threw me off.

my point with the skyscale was that anet is obviously not afraid of changing tougher things to be easier/better... making ele better is what i want, if ele is better it will be easier by default... i mean, you don't have to change how ele plays to make it better... how about speeding up the animation for earth scepter 1 so it's not worthless waste of time? how about making warrior relic work on attunements? how about making lightning flash a stun break like every other port in the game? how about making conjured weapons work like engi kits? how about making staff auto attacks better? stuff like that... but hey, keep it bad for ego purposes or something idc...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, RazieL.5684 said:

my point with the skyscale was that anet is obviously not afraid of changing tougher things to be easier/better... making ele better is what i want, if ele is better it will be easier by default... i mean, you don't have to change how ele plays to make it better... how about speeding up the animation for earth scepter 1 so it's not worthless waste of time? how about making warrior relic work on attunements? how about making lightning flash a stun break like every other port in the game? how about making conjured weapons work like engi kits? how about making staff auto attacks better? stuff like that... but hey, keep it bad for ego purposes or something idc...

You do realize you are posting in a thread where the main guy wanted more HP and for the class to be literally easier than it is now. So, of course people are going to assume you want the same thing as him or something similar which is what a lot of us old timers are against. Fixing animations and buffing numbers on certain skills is more QOL than changing the core of what Ele is which is the main complaint brought up here. Most of us are for QOL like fixing old bugs that have been around since forever, but what we don't want is to fundamentally make the class easier by adding more HP and less complex rotations just so lazy kitten people can play it easier. I am not for the laziness.

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

You do realize you are posting in a thread where the main guy wanted more HP and for the class to be literally easier than it is now. So, of course people are going to assume you want the same thing as him or something similar which is what a lot of us old timers are against. Fixing animations and buffing numbers on certain skills is more QOL than changing the core of what Ele is which is the main complaint brought up here. Most of us are for QOL like fixing old bugs that have been around since forever, but what we don't want is to fundamentally make the class easier by adding more HP and less complex rotations just so lazy kitten people can play it easier. I am not for the laziness.

you do realize that when you just say "make the class easier" it can mean anything... because buffing numbers, giving more sustain or making defensives better even boosting hp any of those will make the class "easier" because you will either kill your targets faster or survive for longer... i pretty much play only ele and i don't want it to change but it is factually lagging behind every other class with their overbloated kitten that i don't see any other way to balance it out than buff ele because they are not gonna nerf all the other classes for sure...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RazieL.5684 said:

you do realize that when you just say "make the class easier" it can mean anything... because buffing numbers, giving more sustain or making defensives better even boosting hp any of those will make the class "easier" because you will either kill your targets faster or survive for longer... i pretty much play only ele and i don't want it to change but it is factually lagging behind every other class with their overbloated kitten that i don't see any other way to balance it out than buff ele because they are not gonna nerf all the other classes for sure...

That is true. I should clarify that more then because I have had a slight change of heart after reading Aliams. I am for improved CC, Self Cleansing, and Self Boons. If they added more of those in skills, I would be ok with it as long as they are not shareable. Meaning that Weaver and Catalyst dps specs keep their selfish nature which is my main goal overall. I would be all for self boon and healing skills being added in, so the class doesn't have to rely on the group at all or as much allowing it more freedom to do what it wants being a true self survivor. I will bend there after thinking about it. Yes, I know it would make it somewhat easier with those added.

Now with that being said, I would still prefer the class has its low HP and complex rotations implemented in still. But now it would have the options to self cleanse easier when it wanted along with more cc when it came to decision making making the class complex to master still in knowing when to use those self skills and what not. I would not want that level of thinking removed in favour of a less complex way. This way it has all the tools it needs, but it still would take time for people to master for fights.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

That is true. I should clarify that more then because I have had a slight change of heart after reading Aliams. I am for improved CC, Self Cleansing, and Self Boons. If they added more of those in skills, I would be ok with it as long as they are not shareable. Meaning that Weaver and Catalyst dps specs keep their selfish nature which is my main goal overall. I would be all for self boon and healing skills being added in, so the class doesn't have to rely on the group at all or as much allowing it more freedom to do what it wants being a true self survivor. I will bend there after thinking about it. Yes, I know it would make it somewhat easier with those added.

Now with that being said, I would still prefer the class has its low HP and complex rotations implemented in still. But now it would have the options to self cleanse easier when it wanted along with more cc when it came to decision making making the class complex to master still in knowing when to use those self skills and what not. I would not want that level of thinking removed in favour of a less complex way. This way it has all the tools it needs, but it still would take time for people to master for fights.

all that bs that you just spewed i have only one word... agreed!!!

On 10/29/2023 at 4:06 AM, SeTect.5918 said:

I main Ele (Cata and Weaver) and Engi (Scrapper and Holo) because these are very similar imo:

• Both classes have no weapon swap.
  • Scrapper is like the cata of engi and vice versa and holo is like the weaver of engi n vice versa.
  • Scrapper is more power focused same as cata - weaver can do both power and condi same as holo
  • scrapper is supporting and has more passive defense than holo - cata is supporting and has more passive defense than weaver
  • Holo can build up a lot of active defense via traits and utility skills and same for weaver
  • Holo has no self boons aside from minimal might, its a selfish dps, weaver is very similar to that.
  • Holo has a difficult rotation and same for weaver - Scrapper and cata both have a bit easier rotation

However, what i want to say, you wouldnt be in a better spot if u wouldve chosen holo.
Holo has mid armor and more hp than weaver but weaver has a dmg reduction (if condi due to earth spec) and holo has the forced overheat in the rotation which makes you lose like 3k hp every now and then.

Tho i dont understand why u r saying that scepter would deal more damage. U meant in the past maybe? tho i dont remember anything like that. I always felt like sword deals far more damage in pve than scepter. Also the offhand weapons (focus and dagger) force you into melee anyway. (Edit: i was wrong, according to snowcrows, scepter is better in terms or condi now. I just came back 1-2 months ago after a 1-year-pause and sword was the better condi weapon back then)

I agree that some classes have it better in sustain while still pulling out the same dps tho.
Problem here is that if you buff weavers passive sustain, then it would have far too much if you stack active sustain, because weaver is really good in stacking that.
I also think it would be boring if every class has very high passive sustain and like almost no active sustain.
The thing with most classes is, that if you have high passive sustain, you cant get a lot of active sustain in addition to that and if you have bad passive sustain, you can still boost your active sustain up.
The problem is that in fractals, raids and so on the passive sustain is far better than the active one, because passive sustain is almost always built into the dps build already (scrapper barrier, Catalyst Elemental empowerment toughness and vitality and so on), while active sustain often comes through reducing damage by choosing other traits or swapping out utility skills for more sustain based ones (like choosing Bulwark_Gyro instead of a damaging skill). Thats why u cant stack a lot of active sustain in fractals, raids or whatever, because your group wants you to deal a lot of damage.
But that problem isnt easy to fix if you want active sustain to be a thing at all, because if a class can stack both passive and active sustain, then its a sustain overload which isnt healthy for the game.

I hope this wasnt too complicated.

When we draw a comparative analysis between the Elementalist and Engineer, a substantial disjuncture comes to the forefront. 
EngineThese capabilities encompass boon removal, invaluable swiftness provisions, swift group stability bestowal, and a sustained group superspeed bestowal. 
These capabilities encompass boon removal, invaluable swiftness provisions, swift group stability bestowal, and a sustained group superspeed bestowal. 
Notably, the Mechanist specialization serves as a poignant testament to the Engineer's ascendancy, underscoring their dominance from the very outset.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I've put so much sweat and tears into my Elementalist, but it just feels like... why bother? Every other class outshines it effortlessly. If I had the choice, maybe I'd consider Holosmith, but I can't stand shields, the flashy Holosmith stance, and the lack of a fiery vibe.

Thinking about trying Power Catalyst, but survivability issues hold me back. I'm stuck with a measly 14K HP as a full glass cannon, while others easily hit 17K with better staying power. Seriously, why does Elementalist struggle so much to catch up with other professions? A few tweaks could make a world of difference.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Honestly, I've put so much sweat and tears into my Elementalist, but it just feels like... why bother? Every other class outshines it effortlessly. If I had the choice, maybe I'd consider Holosmith, but I can't stand shields, the flashy Holosmith stance, and the lack of a fiery vibe.

Thinking about trying Power Catalyst, but survivability issues hold me back. I'm stuck with a measly 14K HP as a full glass cannon, while others easily hit 17K with better staying power. Seriously, why does Elementalist struggle so much to catch up with other professions? A few tweaks could make a world of difference.

Consider going celestial and running Fire/Earth/(elite). Condi weaver can often get away with just switching between fire and earth, and even on hammer catalyst, you have enough condis that the condi stats aren't wasted, and the boon duration will help keep your offensive boons up.

You could also get a fiery vibe from guardian and, to a lesser extent, condi revenant.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2023 at 12:52 PM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

It isn't just about DPS.  Ele probably wouldn't be bottom of the barrel in class representation if their support options were any good.

Looking at tempest, I think loading a 25% damage boost into a single GM trait and then forcing them to choose between that and the alacrity trait will always be a dealbreaker for this build being a competitive boonDPS.  And when was the last time you saw a tempest healer?

For catalyst I've never played the support build so I'm not sure, but it's probably do with maintaining uptime and the energy mechanic.  Why does this spec even have energy?  It seems like a pointless restriction.

I think if they could make the support builds worth playing and we had good options for qcatalyst, alactempest, healtempest, and maybe another competitive DPS build or two on weaver ele would see respectable play time.

Ele has always felt, at least to me, to be the only prof that has to sacrifice everything in order to do something. It will do that one thing pretty kitten well....so long as that one thing is melee range damage..but at such a high cost.

• Like 3

It has a lot to do with "no magic dmg" in gw2 that and fields combos are falling behind that power creep kind of the main ideals behind mages in gw2.

The fix going to have to be massive added effects to all atument wepon skills no just "dmg" in any game type. You also need to see major updates to combos effects and added effects for both ele and other classes (other classes must have an use for combos fields though there combos effects to make ele fields worth it as well.)

• Like 1

Or you can just stop playing ele...and it's a legit suggestion, stop torturing yourself. You have nothing to prove to anybody, and we play the game to have fun....where ele is badly badly badly designed to say the least, it's just not bloody worth it man:

• full melee on everything..minus the dmg to justify full melee
  • core sucks.....worst core class in the game, unplayable everywhere...even pve
  • try hard gameplay with full combos required to gain even the most basic boons, where other professions sniff..and get resolution/resistance/aegis/protection etc etc etc
  • lowest health in the game, and while guardian gets +180 HP traits being thrown everywhere...ele gets a kick in the balls...build theorycrafting is a nightmare
  • Only really allowed to play on Tempest...rest is garbage
  • It's just a chore to play....trying hard dodging for dear life even when facing muppets 

Played ele for 12k hours and was as salty as you are now....then seeing as things were not changing, decided to turn ele in what is supposed to be a "dust collector", playing war/guard/ranger/necro now and couldn't care less about what other say....I have fun....I win...and mostly importantly it's all stress free

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Imagine playing ele for 12k hours and still suck on it lol.

ele is perfectly fine to perform well, if you don’t that’s a personal skill issue.

yes, you have to press a lot of buttons and sweat your brains out but that’s 1/9 professions who does that.

you want all the same? Everyone has 2 buttons, a damage and a heal button and the only difference is the colour of the cast? Yay balance!!!

if you want to play something with less apm then do that. I very much enjoy necro for example myself. I like necro for what it is, and i like ele for what it is aswell.

“oh no muh hp“… —> learn your skills.

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Confused 4

32 minutes ago, CafPow.1542 said:

Imagine playing ele for 12k hours and still suck on it lol.

ele is perfectly fine to perform well, if you don’t that’s a personal skill issue.

yes, you have to press a lot of buttons and sweat your brains out but that’s 1/9 professions who does that.

you want all the same? Everyone has 2 buttons, a damage and a heal button and the only difference is the colour of the cast? Yay balance!!!

if you want to play something with less apm then do that. I very much enjoy necro for example myself. I like necro for what it is, and i like ele for what it is aswell.

“oh no muh hp“… —> learn your skills.

I'd rather trash "forum Pros" in game than otherwise. My "skill level" it's just fine to do exactly that ....I played the game for 12k hrs let me correct you, and that time was well spent as the mechanic/awareness learnt from wasting time on trash design, got translated to dominating gameplay on other classes...against "forum pros". I am giving recommendations to a frustrated player...the rest can go back to acting pro on the forum...and getting farmed in game sending then salty whispers ..cya

• Thanks 3

You rule. Have fun and a good day tho.

/e if you miss the buttons like you missed my point it’s better to not play ele and call it bad and move on. Thank god there are 8 other classes that might be fun for you and that’s what it is all about in the end.

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Confused 2

Maybe not , what ppl are looking for when they play the "glass canon" is to be THE canon of the game , i don't play a 250 apm class to have same damage as a 22k hp class, while your reasoning is cute with ele having build in survivability , i here call about numbers on the arcdps , going water make this number go down quickly , ele is designed for pvp and wvw , with this in build versatility where you don't care much about damage pers sec , but in endgame a dps (as his name implys) is all about that , don't tell me the tremendous low % of ppl playing ele in raids/fractals/strikes doesn't ring a bell , the lowest whole spec (core (we don't care about core) and 3-especs combined)

So instead of nerfing a class who nobody is playing anet should look into what make ppl flee from ele , low hp , low armor (is there really any reason for the ele to have 11500 hp base and the loest armor today ?) not any kind of reward for playing this class , only the fun part of the attunement mechanic , but you know what isn't fun to most ppl ? having this awfull sensation to be a burden to your team and knowing you could do better with any other spec , and i am talking about ppl who have trained tempest kite for htcm , who now play hscg , ppl who are in the 0.1% of gamers reached 47500 Ap knowing every inch of pve and they all agree on that , ele is designed for pvp , anet don't want a class who reach 48k even it take your whole brain to do so, and they are unable to balance the ele properly for pve , one side you have 0,00001% of the community doing great with it , but in 95% of the case when i see an ele in my pugs , it really kitten. Ele is the worst meta healer , has the worst access to cc due to attunement , has the worst weapons for specific role , call me a weapon who is good at one role in every attunement ? you will find out hammer as dps and that's all... 

So i am not bringing up all the flaws ele has cause i've done so in many many post and ppl never respond to me with the pros ele has (kind of tired of it) , maybe because there is none and ppl have hard times admitting it ... reminder i speak here exclusively for pve endgame content , open world is a cakewalk , and do know too little from pvp and wvw to talk about ele in those 2 modes , but many ppl say it is fine/op in those mode , while in pve ... you will see a lot of complains , curious nobody complains about virtuoso and herald being weak in pve ....(hint : they are not)

And this is a class i have 5000 hours with , i can play with it but i do better with all 8 others classes , could it be healer/tank/support/dps. But these 5000 hours have kind of stagnated for a couple of years now.... for me , it's simple when a whole class hasn't any of his elite spec represented in the 3 endgame mode pve there is a problem.

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

it's simple when a whole class hasn't any of his elite spec represented in the 3 endgame mode pve there is a problem

Power Cata is number 2 on benches tho. Clearly it needs a buff so it can be numba1 yeah.

another question on a serious note: did you enjoy yor 5000 hours on ele tho?

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Confused 2

47 minutes ago, CafPow.1542 said:

Power Cata is number 2 on benches tho. Clearly it needs a buff so it can be numba1 yeah.

Let me answer on his/her behalf. Probably not a whole lot. xD Not this Arheundel person either, they both have learned helplessness, and it's really not a good mentality if you decide to play classes like Ele or Mesmer or Warri a lot. 

Ooor maybe I'm just crazy for still sticking with Ele after ~2500 hours on it and finding it fun (more than anything I can think of in WvW) and useful (even in PvE, with heal tempest). :'D

Granted, lately I've been getting a bit more skeptical, but hey as long as one has fun on it and knows it well it's a veerry good class; I have a good enough time playing some oneshot core ele build too, with decent tankiness and mobility from speed relics x) Yea I can't win every matchup in game but that's okay because you're not supposed to do that on any core class anyway. 

Ele being hard is because of its high skill floor that you first have to climb to then start thriving, but once you get near the top it really starts to shine, and it's your job to prove the doubters wrong 😉 If you've been playing any class for 4 digit hours and still feel miserable while doing it, pardon my French, you've been just f*cking copper. 

Edited by Codename T.2847
Grammar
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 7:46 PM, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

What gamemode are we talking about here ?

Because Elementalist do not need an HP buff in WvW, they are already plenty tanky and mobile. 

I agree ele doesnt need more HP, but need more damage. Warriors are tanky and modile too (even more than elementalists) and they are high HP and a lot of warriors skills have more damage. Except for HP, guardians are another example. Revenants too. Rangers. And Engineers... All of them have a lot of mobility, can tank and have more defense or HP. So, tank and mobility isnt a good reference point imo.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

I enjoyed it on open world , long range mage fire has always be my loved fantasy about rpg  , but when i reached the endgame stuff i could see all the flaws of ele striking me in the face at same time and even if i had chosen another class i wouldn't have struggle so much as i had when the game laucnhed , i clearly saw the diff when i get into dungeons with a guard instead of my ele ..., and a bench on the golem isn't relevant of what it is in the game when and actual encounter is if it really was catalyst would have 8% playrate not 0,8% .... , and what do you see from it is virtuoso being teh strongest pick in most recent fights , long range , no dps loose will ranged , strong survivability toold included in the build , 1 block, 1 invu. ,3% condi damage resturn as health ... super strong cc accessible 100% of the time. exact opposite of ele .... virtuoso isn't the biggest benchmarker on the golem at all , but he can do his dps with ease and 100% of the time , that's why ppl take it , they don't care you do 50k on the golem when 25% of the fight you aren't able to deal damage ... that's why for me the most complicated classes should be the most strongest in term of dps , i still have nightmares when anet decided to boost the rifle for mechplayers ending up with 33% of strikes and raids fiulled with AA mechs with the same apm of a dead oyster , that was sad and laughtable at same time.

talking about catalyst , why does it has energy ? made sense when sphere where on a 5 sec cd, but now they are on a 15 and why is this the only spec with energy who has a 5 sec non up time on energy loading when you launch a sphere ? if you look deep inside this class has so many mechanics to care about while also caring about the fight , energy management (which is a chore with those 5 sec non build up energy) , EE management , combo for EE management , 2 times more hidden cooldowns than any other spec , making you the most class in need for boon uptime such as alacrity, ... and all that while fighting ... for me there is too much disparity with class about dps , cc , boons , utility , anet is balancing only about dps , they doesnt crae the class provide 0 cc to your group or has cluncky access to boons , they balance only on numbers from golem , this is way mirage and ele ended up nerfed while such a small % play them , they should take in account the cc and the boons teh class has in build , thus for me it's the weaver who should be number one by far , and i am not talking about a silly pinata/traingolem fight, weaver is one of the most egoistic dps class , it brings nothing than raw dps to teh group , has literally no boons to give (except for silly combo fields who will change nothing) , bring poor accessibility crows controls , it doesnt shock me when i see a class recahing 50k damage , it shocks me to see a class semi afk dealing 30k damage , the damage should be proportional the effort you put in , if you are just auto attacking you should do sub par damage.

just compare quickcata against quickherald ? quickcata is from wish , while herald came to you from a ferrari sailer with his golden package and goodies...

when you choose ele you expect to be number one in dps (that's why i look into a glass canon , i want to wreck the arcdps with it), if not why do you take the risk of having the most fragile class off the game , and why does this class have to change for more survivable stats to be effective and not getting one shot by everything, i get the fun part of ele , design wise it is good , the attunelment mechanic make you really feel like an ele , but it's that stupid versatility take from anet who ruins it , as i said , just tell me one weapon who is good at healing in every attunement ? one weapon who is good in dps in every attunement ? how do you deal any damage when you play staff and you are attuned in water ? not a single class has such horrid/useless weapon skills  , it's good in theory , but practice is kind of another thing.

The difference is other class role definition goes trough weapons , ele has this in build versatility allowing it to heal himself (in exchange for a big damage loss) so for anet somethign who has in build healing (even if it comes at a price) must not do as much damage as class who are 100% focus on dps , problem is every ele build can't focus 100% on a role , you have always parasite weapon skills/attunements who will be useless and therefore anet leaves no room for improvement . perfect example is staff , what usage is for fire when you play heal ? what usage is for air/earth/water when you play dps ? sword ? what usage is it for earth when you non condi builds ? what usage is it for water when you play dps ? and i can go back and forth like that on every weapon , anet should rework every weapon and make it focused on a specific role and have usefull skills in every attunement , what is the purpose of having 4 attunements playing weaver , when you only attune to fire/air for power or fire/earth for condi ?

And i don't play my ele anymore , the only time i get it out is htemp for sabir , cause ppl are too lazy to do the tornado mechanic and rebound can ignore it 1 out of 2 times, i don't see any advantage to take it instead of any other alacheal.

Edited by zeyeti.8347

19 hours ago, Codename T.2847 said:

Let me answer on his/her behalf. Probably not a whole lot. xD Not this Arheundel person either, they both have learned helplessness, and it's really not a good mentality if you decide to play classes like Ele or Mesmer or Warri a lot. 

Ooor maybe I'm just crazy for still sticking with Ele after ~2500 hours on it and finding it fun (more than anything I can think of in WvW) and useful (even in PvE, with heal tempest). :'D

Granted, lately I've been getting a bit more skeptical, but hey as long as one has fun on it and knows it well it's a veerry good class; I have a good enough time playing some oneshot core ele build too, with decent tankiness and mobility from speed relics x) Yea I can't win every matchup in game but that's okay because you're not supposed to do that on any core class anyway. 

Ele being hard is because of its high skill floor that you first have to climb to then start thriving, but once you get near the top it really starts to shine, and it's your job to prove the doubters wrong 😉 If you've been playing any class for 4 digit hours and still feel miserable while doing it, pardon my French, you've been just f*cking copper. 

On 2/11/2024 at 10:32 AM, zeyeti.8347 said:

reminder i speak here exclusively for pve endgame content , open world is a cakewalk , and do know too little from pvp and wvw to talk about ele in those 2 modes , but many ppl say it is fine/op in those mode , while in pve ... you will see a lot of complains , curious nobody complains about virtuoso and herald being weak in pve ....(hint : they are not)

i , as indicated , speak exclusively about endgame .

If i play my ele in the content i know i will do good , and i know it , but i will do 100% better with any other class , that's what i complain about , you obviously speaking about pvp and wvw , and as i said i am not going to counter argue there , i don't know those modes enough to speak clearly about them , i only speak about the gamemode who matters to me the most, i hardly care about open world balance , and pvp stuff on this game isn't at my taste.

I am doing it again :

As healer , tell me another heal meta who has to go trough 4 sec cast time overlaod in order to upkeep the key boons , tell me another healer who has his might generator on a tiny 180 aoe taking 8 secondes to fully make 20 stacks of might (yeah you could use heatsync , but this skill is mandatory if you don't play with a herald , that's sad)

Tell me another healer who brings nothing to the table while all others meta healer have something unique to bring ... ask me i will answer on everyone of them , but i've done so many times , and i still see nobody bringing the pros. for ele , while i bring cons. , only the fun playstyle of ele , but for me and as many others being innefficient isn't fun at all.

And htemp is one example, i could go trough weaver and cata , but i've done that also so many times i got tired to parrot my old quotes.

In pve endgame the ele and his 3 e-specs are underplayed , and there is a reason to this , not because ppl like me *spit* on the ele , i hardly doubt that every ppl registering in the wingman gw 2 are looking deeply into forums to see what is good and what is not , but rather have made their own experience with the class , and as a result ppl who register and make logs % (who are mostly ppl dedicated to endgame , if not they wouldn'register the clears) choose to not play ele ? why ? answer is up î

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

i , as indicated , speak exclusively about endgame .

If i play my ele in the content i know i will do good , and i know it , but i will do 100% better with any other class , that's what i complain about , you obviously speaking about pvp and wvw , and as i said i am not going to counter argue there , i don't know those modes enough to speak clearly about them , i only speak about the gamemode who matters to me the most, i hardly care about open world balance , and pvp stuff on this game isn't at my taste.

I am doing it again :

As healer , tell me another heal meta who has to go trough 4 sec cast time overlaod in order to upkeep the key boons , tell me another healer who has his might generator on a tiny 180 aoe taking 8 secondes to fully make 20 stacks of might (yeah you could use heatsync , but this skill is mandatory if you don't play with a herald , that's sad)

Tell me another healer who brings nothing to the table while all others meta healer have something unique to bring ... ask me i will answer on everyone of them , but i've done so many times , and i still see nobody bringing the pros. for ele , while i bring cons. , only the fun playstyle of ele , but for me and as many others being innefficient isn't fun at all.

And htemp is one example, i could go trough weaver and cata , but i've done that also so many times i got tired to parrot my old quotes.

In pve endgame the ele and his 3 e-specs are underplayed , and there is a reason to this , not because ppl like me *spit* on the ele , i hardly doubt that every ppl registering in the wingman gw 2 are looking deeply into forums to see what is good and what is not , but rather have made their own experience with the class , and as a result ppl who register and make logs % (who are mostly ppl dedicated to endgame , if not they wouldn'register the clears) choose to not play ele ? why ? answer is up î

Well I mean I kinda get where the whole "Htemp is outclassed by everything else" comes from but at the same time I have a super easy time clearing content on it. (That might be because i've played it for 7 years but whatever) I have access to easy stability from staff, might generation from fire fields (F1 overload being main one, also some on staff and even on warhorn) not to mention 4 out of 8 skills on warhorn are kittening amazing, and a good ratio compared to other ele elite spec weapons, I also have aegis, group stunbreak, magnetic aura (which is admittedly inferior to things like bubbles but can still function the same as a bubble on an individual level) which you can then share with others to make some places in the game way less annoying than they need to be, you also have an elite skill which can save people from death, Ice Elemental which has probably the biggest burst heal in the game, fire traitline so you can pretty much forget what condition icons look like with aura share, arcane traits to make reviving and blasting in to fields easier if need be, earth traits for group stabi.^^

So yeah I'm just saying.. Healtemp might not be as universally loved and carry machine as things like healscourge or healherald, and it might not be as versatile (but only just) as druid, but it sure as hell feels better to play than all of these. And it's certainly better in its current iteration than kitten like heal engi or heal mesmer xD So yeah please drop this "oh woe is me, healtempest is mid everything else is just way better, and there is no point in playing it!" When it couldn't be farther from the truth.

TLDR: I think it's undoubtedly the best time to be playing Healtempest, and this even applies to WvW to some extent too, if you're very much into ele. My perspective might be a bit biased, of course, since I main ele and I find any of these sorry excuses of healers with one or two redeeming things about them (like mechanist, chrono, scrapper or scourge) very bad, and the ones that are arguably better just feel kitten to play (sorry druid fans if i've offended anyone) or are boring as all hell (herald)

I think Anet wants Ele this way. Not *too* rewarding for its efforts so that the players wouldn't stack 10 eles everywhere, but still fun, engaging and exciting in its own way while also being to reward those who've played it for a long time. And if one doesn't feel proud about playing ele on a good level idk what to tell them x)

Edit: Another thing, since quickness now affects overloads too, and lucid singularity's duration has been increased a while back, it is way easier to upkeep 100% alacrity while actually getting off skills too. So yeah props for these 2 changes 🙂

Edited by Codename T.2847

I personally find Sword to feel really bad without weapon swap due to 100% close range and that Hammer should never have existed. Sword should have been the mix of Range+Melee that they tried to do with Hammer and we should have gotten a pure range weapon for Catalyst. It should do way more damage to feel worth it but even if it did; pure melee on all elements without swap on an Ele feels so eeeehh. I'd actually want Sword to stay weak just so I wouldn't feel forced to use it lol.

(FFXIV did it better with Red Mage, they shoulda aimed for that, and not on a Hammer when we already had Sword, 😅.)

Edited by Doggie.3184