229 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• 12-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 60+

First question comes into my mind is Why do you want to know? 

personally, I like not knowing how old who what why when people are, when I don't know, I don't try to Moderate my chat with them. I treat everyone the same. 

Secondly it is more fun to guess, 
for instant I listen to what they talk about, what playlist they have in the discord channel. etc, and I read what they type in chat. pretty much can tell what age range people are. 

logically, if a player started playing guild wars 1 since launch, assuming they start playing at 20, they have to be about 40 yrs old now, for those started to play the game around their 30s they be 50+ now.

question is still why do you want to know?

7 minutes ago, Avatar.3568 said:

That was one of my intentions with the Poll, No shittalk to Players that are struggling with the Game, its Not easy to understand the Game and what goes wrong for Most Players.

I am aware that this will Not Show the real Population of guildwars, but it still Shows a demographic that i felt when i See Open world Gamers.

I want to Unterstand the decission making after hot Release.

With the PoF Release, anet dropped esports and went in General a way more Casual approge to the Game. With the esport dropp, the Playerbase in PvP dropped instantly by half and a Lot of Young Players left the Game. 

Since then, i feel Like i am Meeting way more "older" people, that are less aware of using the Combat and as a result for that then Content went a Lot easier (Just remember hot Release, where powercreep was way less compared to yet)

You are meeting more and more older people with every year, because you keep meeting the same people, and they all are getting older with time. This game is 11 years old, after all, which means even if you started playing it at 18, you'd be nearing 30 now.

And as for esport, PvP playerbase drop and lot of young players leaving the game connection... let's just say that the player loss that is significant for PvP playerbase is likely still completely insignificant when compared to the game as a whole. SPvP players were always a tiny minority, even in the beginning.

• Confused 3

6 hours ago, Sindust.7059 said:

Why does the first category start at 12 when all the others start at X1, and why can't people under 12 play the game?

Legally speaking, you must be 13 years old to play because it is illegal in the United States to collect and store information on minors on the internet. Otherwise known as the Child Online Privacy Protection Act (or COPPA for short.) If it is discovered (and reported) that users are underage, most companies will temporary suspend your account until you have proven you are over 13 or outright ban/suspend the account for lying during the account creation process. If your favorite site has a check box that goes "I'm confirming that I am over 13 years old" (it is even one of the check boxes on the GW2 account creation page) that is why.

• Thanks 1

I am a couple of weeks shy of 59.  I've played very casually since beta and GW1 a couple of years before that.  I never was able to play GW1 earlier due to where I lived only had dial-up internet access.  I am not even close to being a hardcore player and probably the most casual of players, but due to having no life 🙂 I've been able to literally log in daily to GW2 since launch, with the exception of two of three weeks in the hospital (before I was well enough to use my laptop).

14 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

22 and it feels weird in wvw, 90% of them "young adult" roamers are 35 year olds cosplaying the teenagers lmfao

Speaking from personal experience. 

Many didn't get to be children when they were young. Here in GW2, the can be themselves for once. For good or bad. 

Sometimes I can just let out my inner child I never was allowed to be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Speaking from personal experience. 

Many didn't get to be children when they were young. Here in GW2, the can be themselves for once. For good or bad. 

Sometimes I can just let out my inner child I never was allowed to be. 

No, don't get me wrong, it's OK for people who do it and have fun.

It'd not OK when you are an edgelord roamer with the maturity of a banana and try to roleplay your teenage years by being all cringe. Trust me, ik many of those on EU.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

the ranges are a bit weird. 😹

Should have been

• <18
  • 18-24
  • 25-30
  • 31-40
  • 41-50
  • 50>

But yes, as expected, most people are 30+, cause all the young people nowdays want "vertical progress games"

Or are playing popular games for followers to grow as a full time streamer as a job. Guildwars 2 is not a very popular game. If they tell about mmo games then not often mention this game. Or just other games. Battle royale are also hyped. Back then when in 2012 there was no br if i remember. Dont know how old pubg is.  
And i dont know about mmo as gerne if its popular by younger ppl. 

15 hours ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

I am trying to find a nice way to tell some of these "gamers" that some of us did tournaments and competed before they were even born. Or before even GW1 came around.

Do you need to tell them?

I don't see why you think they'd be surprised that there are people older than them, it's hardly a novel concept, but I also don't see how it could be relevant.