Set Off Chain Reactions with the Engineer Short Bow Proficiency

Rubi Bayer.8493

5 minutes ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Engineer already has dedicated support options with medkit and elixir gun. Why do we need one of our few weapons to be support?

And we already have the mace and shield that are use for support... If this weapon does not give protection... Its already useless... We need a long range DPS weapons (condi or power, I dont care at this point) thats does not play 100% like mortar and grenade kit...

Edited by Zzik.5873
  • Like 10
  • Confused 2

This is awful. This is the most ugly new weapon so far. And it is also the laziest. It is basically a kit with 4 skills using the exact same animation. And it is another ground-target weapon. Why? Just why? We already have grenades and mortar!

This is just another proof that Anet hates Engineer. There were so many cool and interesting ideas and concepts on forum, but they decided to do it in the lamest and laziest way possible.
No one asked for another ground-target weapon. No one asked for another support weapon. No one asked for another kit.

I am done with it. I was waiting for a new weapon for my favorite class to have a reason to come back to the game.
And now I won't. You keep ignoring and ruining my class over and over again.

Absolute disappointment. I hope the person responsible for Engineer class design will be fired for incompetence sooner or later.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

3 minutes ago, Zzik.5873 said:

On a trait that nobody use. If you play support and dont take the bigger and superspeed trait on gyros(well), what are you doing?

You're still taking the superspeed trait, why? After the blast finisher nerfs, it's not as good anymore. And next patch we can spam shield, so it's really going to be overshadowed.

6 minutes ago, Calen.8945 said:

You're still taking the superspeed trait, why? After the blast finisher nerfs, it's not as good anymore. And next patch we can spam shield, so it's really going to be overshadowed.

Because it can mostly give superspeed to my whole sub group nearly perma? I mean whats 1k barrier on the fucntion gyro really gonna do?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

All these people hating and they haven't even tried it yet. It looks interesting. Finally support engi has more ranged focused gameplay. I was tired of having to be on top of allies just to support them. If there are multiple types of chain reaction combos, that will be pretty cool 

How can you range support on engi, scrapper has no range support, mech does not work at range. Also people complain because it look to play excatly like grenade kit and mortar... We dont need more support stuff, we already have mace+shield + elixir gun + med kit... If you dont play engi thats fine, but as someone who main engi since 8 years. This weapons as no space to exist, I dont need to try it to see how its gonna play... The trailer said it all...

PS. Anet gonna force it by nerfing mace and shield, or nerfing support kit 😛

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

All these people hating and they haven't even tried it yet. It looks interesting. Finally support engi has more ranged focused gameplay. I was tired of having to be on top of allies just to support them. If there are multiple types of chain reaction combos, that will be pretty cool 

Because we have seen enough.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 6

Ah yes, canisters of glittering enchanted sand…. Just what I’ve always wanted.  

So far this looks like a very boring weapon.  Maybe it will have some potential once we see the other skills and their cooldowns.  If there is a condi damage canister and we can chain the other three to also apply Condi damage that could be good I guess.  But at the end of the day no matter what this is just a weapon with four area ground effects just like necro staff, kind of boring compared to some of the other new weapons. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Didn't really think we'd need anything for "support" (there seem to be other options already). Unless thy enable in-combat weapon swap it really might not be worth it. I would have preferred ranged AoE and/or maybe CC and conditions on it.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

You guys acting like they won't blow the whole budget into making Guardian Pistols the best and most overpowered weapons xD

They literally only play guard in wvw whenever I see Anet devs. They don't want you to play other professions. 

As someone who doesn't play engi these days, I can say kitten, this is terrible lmfao!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Honestly very cheap design wise
I would have loved a bow that could have some empowerde shots or even a rockety skill but 4 ground targeted skills that all look the same? kitten you really went all over board with that one 🙂

Maybe a bit more range and an electricity charged shot as a stun. Two charges on a rocket or explosive shot. and a good range

Would have been so cool to see rockets and explosives flying around maybe even combined with the rockets from the explosives tree.

Very underwhelming design in my opinion.

• Like 9
  • Confused 2