This game has a serious accessibility problem.

How dare they! Locking things behind playing the game should be abolished! After all, we paid for the legendaries when purchasing the game! Having to play the game is toxic! If the toxic devs and the toxic elitists who play this game want playing the game to be a requirement for things we already purchased, they should add an autoplay function! /s

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I find it interesting how after we learnt how much AP he has and kharmin linking his other thread - with fairly conflicting information - we got no response to how powerleveling to max and then doing M+ is an easy way for new players to gear in WoW, while we shouldn't be looking at leveling in GW2 with experienced eyes.

Edited by IAmNotMatthew.1058
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Wh

38 minutes ago, Omega.6801 said:

How dare they! Locking things behind playing the game should be abolished! After all, we paid for the legendaries when purchasing the game! Having to play the game is toxic! If the toxic devs and the toxic elitists who play this game want playing the game to be a requirement for things we already purchased, they should add an autoplay function! /s

The company can make more OW legendaries

OP,  if people ask as requirements to have Legendary to be inveted in the party , do what other casuals do , dont do that part of content and play OW or  WvW.

You will help  statistics blow up and they have more content for 20 dollars

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Mate, you have 2800AP and you're here acting like you know the game. Imagine if some guy tried the free trial of WoW and then said that 400 gear takes half a year of grinding to get. That's pretty much what you're doing.

Is the contrary he is stating the game isn't easy to newbies and newbies don't know what to do. 

Theres a couple of points that are wrong with his arguments or semi wrong but some of the post i have read don't take account the difference in knowledge of the game a newbie and a veteran have.

The problem with the ascended gear you can have and is fair to point it out is raiding. Which is in fact a problem in the game because it isn't of easy access.

Edit: Except the community part, thats totally out of place.

Edited by Lucius.2140

12 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

The company can make more OW legendaries

OP complains that -->EXOTICS<-- take months to grind for. Are you sure that OW legendaries that involve any amount of playing the game will solve the problem this particular sort of player has?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lucius.2140 said:

The problem with the ascended gear you can have and is fair to point it out is raiding. Which is in fact a problem in the game because it isn't of easy access.

I mean, he literally said gearing up is easier in wow because you can just do mythic+, which is said to be a lot harder than gw2 endgame. He complained about how grindy ascended gear was, not that it required knowledge, which everyone here acknowledges.
The problem is, as a new player, you either don't try to gear up efficiently, or you ask veteran players or google for yourself, which closes the gap in knowledge.
He simply did none of those things and chose to complain while constantly making poor comparisons.

You can find him say things like he can get gear in 3 days by doing mythic+ on wow (with his 10+ year experience) while refuting people claiming they could do the same in gw2 by saying they can do so because of their experience. The guy was simply all over the place.

Edited by Passerbye.6291
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, MisterMagician.8614 said:

Yes, I also have 10+ years of level skips just rotting in my bank.  Not what I mean.  I mean actually playing the game.  There are time gates here to increase metrics, no other reasons; or more accurately because there is no other content.

There is also absolutely nothing stopping you from doing what I said on a new account.  Just level and do dungeons, that's it.  It's what everyone does as is, I can do it faster than most because I am efficient; requires no game knowledge at all.  A new player could do it on the second day of starting the game as just about nothing carries over between patches besides cosmetics.  So while gear is easily invalidated it's also easy to get.  this game has to make gear an arcane process with purposely useless sets just to extend busywork into "content."  Even with that in mind, it would be palatable if not for something far worse than arenanets lipstick on pigs obsessions.

As for the final comment, in this game, most people seem to sell all their mats just to afford the most basic things, so it isn't as passive as you want to assist.  That just goes back into my point that you either have lost perspective of what it means to be a truly new player, or you are just spitefully sneering in bad faith (your previous posts indicate it's the latter).

Pointing out that you or people like you are going back through EVERY SINGLE POST IN MY ACCOUNT to "dislike" my posts (including the people in the thread agreeing with me no matter how rock-solid their arguments are) is not "baby rage" (whatever that is), dogpiling me IS though but projection dovetails with your other qualities.

My point about adding ascended to the wardrobe like legendaries (if adding ascended add just the single affix, legendaries add all possible affixes) has its biggest boon in allowing you to instantly gear up alts without needing to interact with the community.  I think even the games numerous flaws would be negligible if the community was better and not so utterly bitter and hostile.  Even 5 years ago when I finally decided to come back I received nothing but hostility on here and on reddit AND in game.  Every guild is a cult of personality or catty cliques.  Every player in the world is uncooperative and aloof or cutthroat to the point of actively sabotaging you.  Any exceptions to this just make the hateful majority stand out more.  you, my not-friend (you aren't important enough to me to be my enemy), are not a part of that exception.

I could put up with all of this game's problems, but not that (NEVER that).  That this smugness filters down even to what would be considered new player guides is EXACTLY what this thread is about.

This is possibly the single most opaque mmo I have ever played or seen.  This is not an uncommon view, it's just that you are in a bubble.  Those who voice their frustrations are dwarfed by those who show their frustrations by just leaving and never coming back.

It's the community that's bitter and hostile, huh? 🙄

As to your complaints about the game (i.e. "It's opaque.").  I suppose you have a point in the sense that gear is not simply assigned with appropriate stats based upon your role and is not acquired by simply grinding the highest level dungeon for your ilvl the way it is in WoW.  But I don't think most players react to that as negatively as you do.  They understand that this game doesn't have defined roles and that having the freedom to choose stats is appropriate to that system.  Certainly a side-effect of that freedom is the freedom to make poor choices, which is not something you can do in a game like WoW.  It's fair to say that this makes it easier to make mistakes with regard to buildcraft in GW2. 

On the other hand, GW2 does have the advantage of cheap and ubiquitous gear.  Exotic being only 5% below ascended/legendary is a pretty stark difference to WoW.  And as I demonstrated with my video, you don't need to have the perfect stats to make most of the game's content accessible.  Compare to WoW, where (last I checked) the best gear requires progressing into content that most players are not capable of.  Is having some less accessible stats and gear that take time and effort to acquire unique to GW2?  I don't think it is.

• Like 5

Game developers these days don't write manuals, instead they rely on players to write wikis or people to do "how to" videos on youtube. A new player can just do one set of weekly challenges on the wizard's vault and have enough gold to buy a set of exotic armour on the trading post, it's easy but only if you know how.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Omega.6801 said:

OP complains that -->EXOTICS<-- take months to grind for. Are you sure that OW legendaries that involve any amount of playing the game will solve the problem this particular sort of player has?

We can make  all the sets (Raid-WvW-OW-PvP) to be claimed in 2-3 months , thus removing that problem

Edit: And we create new Combat-Exotics (easy to get) , where they offer something more (allow people to ranged attacks for some secs  . If you have 1x piece your auto-attacks can attack from 80yards away but your Utilities get +4sec cd , etc)  while the Legendaries are theres to be allowed to be stat Swapped , while they don't have the "combat effect" .

This allows us to remove the whining that " the game have mandatory  Stat Progression system like other games " , while with the combat Exotics , can have increased effect only the expanison they are in (in the other expansions they can have 40yards per piece for their  ranged auto attacks , but the +4sec drawback per utilities remain )

Edit2: And in part of progression and retain people throughtout the expansion , we start with easy-upgradeable-blue>green>etc-sets , where each have some variation till their "final exotic form" (blue gear >Warriors 100-blades > throw various swords across the field , go near them and do aoe Spin . The Sword Field despawn and respwan near the enemy . (Green gear > Warrior's Sword 3 does "Thousand-Cuts" (better gear stats..less scaling..same end damage)

But with blue gear it means less stats , but more attacks , vs an Exotic WvW Warrior . But easier to clear camps as a 20 WvW lvl player)

• Confused 7

Going off by the title I was thinking that it may be some interesting discussion, about some design issues. But then the OP did not deliver.

Celestial exotic gear is easy to get. I do not have all those legendaries that OP suspects everyone has stashes of, and I do not find the game unfriendly towards the concept of gearing of my alts. In every other MMO I played gearing of alts takes much more effort than in here.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Mate, you have 2800AP and you're here acting like you know the game. Imagine if some guy tried the free trial of WoW and then said that 400 gear takes half a year of grinding to get. That's pretty much what you're doing.

Man even my 4 alt accounts got 3 times as many aps as this guy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, MisterMagician.8614 said:

such things would be seen as novelties only a few people have and something that no one really needs. 

And that's exactly what it is here too.

"Oh, just use the legendary wardrobe and all your alts are instantly geared in any affix you want!" is something I have heard far too often in discussions with new and returning players, even in guides for casual "open world" builds.

Where exactly? Because tbh, doubt.

As a player who is considering a return, I can't tell you how repulsive it is to hear "getting exotic gear in this 'open world build' affix can take serious time, so just spend the weeks to grind the ascended instead!" and then someone chiming in with "just spend 2-3 months to get the legendary instead, as it's faster than getting a full set of ascended for multiple characters."

Again, I don't know where you found these people giving you information like this, but it's just incorrect. Going for stat selectable exotics isn't really hard.

Why do people want "open world builds?"  Because the overworld content is actually quite hard for a new player. 

Or maybe it's because there are many moving parts that come up to a build and some people don't want to keep reading those to then come up with something so... netscraping a build is just easier and faster. And that's ok.
Whoever wants to interact with the build system, does so. Whoever doesn't want to be bothered with it, just looks up the builds others did. How is this supposed to be an issue?

Sure. it's not hard for YOU because you have everything already, but it's not for someone just starting out.

Nope, it's not about "having everything".

For example, I have the skyscale.  It takes me less than a second to summon it.  I can trivialize gathering grinds that can get me gear in any affix I want with it. 

What gathering grinds for what gear exactly? Like... berries for ascended trinkets? People were farming berries before mounts were a thing -and it was still a really fast and easy process.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

We can make  all the sets (Raid-WvW-OW-PvP) to be claimed in 2-3 months , thus removing that problem

ANet could also hand them out for free and give each play 7k gold on top. They can do a lot of things. But should they? Should everything in the game be easily obtainable for everyone? Should there be no long term goals in a long term game like an MMO? Should people who play 8hrs a day(not arguing that this is a good thing) have the same account progression as someone who play an hour every other week?
I doubt it. Sure If NEEDED things are so hard to get that new players will never get them. Then we have a problem. EXOTICS, the items OP drawws the line, definitely do not fall in this category. Not even Legendaries go there imho as they are 1) not needed and 2) not hard to get if ou have some form of dedication in a game mode. This is not an autobattler, this is not your average action adventure game that you beat once, maybe replay another time and then move on. This is a MMO, it takes some dedicaion. OP talking about Mythic+ raiding in WoW, so they should know that MMOs are designed to be played for hundreds of hours. And yet we are discusing how playing maybe 40 hours to be decked out and leveld is such a huge obstacle and a serious accessability issue.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

On the other hand, GW2 does have the advantage of cheap and ubiquitous gear.  Exotic being only 5% below ascended/legendary is a pretty stark difference to WoW.  

Funnily enough, when I compared GW2's exotic to WoW's ilvl earlier today I counted with 15%, so, if it's 5% then GW2's exotic would ~460ilvl, which makes his argument of "but gearing in WoW through M+ is easier" even dumber, because here you can literally buy Exotic for like 1 gold a piece.

2 hours ago, Lucius.2140 said:

Is the contrary he is stating the game isn't easy to newbies and newbies don't know what to do. 

Theres a couple of points that are wrong with his arguments or semi wrong but some of the post i have read don't take account the difference in knowledge of the game a newbie and a veteran have.

Edit: Except the community part, thats totally out of place.

His point was all over the place going from blaming the game to the community, from saying how much he achieved in a different topic, but then complained it took him months to get Ascended trinkets in that topic, then in this topic complaining about Legendaries taking half a year and essentially going on about how those are mandatory while complaining Exotic is weak. All while saying he knows enough about the game. 
Essentially contradicting himself with every post he makes and going against his own argument as well.

Bringing up gearing difficulties for new players to complain about Ascended and Legendary acquistion.

• Like 1

Exotic gear with basic stats can be bought from Orr temples for practically free if you actually play the game at all (you pay karma for them, not gold). With gold you can buy a full set of armor + weapon + trinkets from TP for ~10g as long as it's not Celestial (funny how the most casual-friendly stat is also the most expensive one). 

And exotic gear is enough for you to clear most content, even Strikes/Raids. You only want Ascended when you want to do Fractals, which is understandably not everyone's cup of tea. And stat combos in this game don't get powercreeped, some builds still use Berserker's which you could get from the mentioned Orr temples.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bingus.4236 said:

Game developers these days don't write manuals, instead they rely on players to write wikis or people to do "how to" videos on youtube. A new player can just do one set of weekly challenges on the wizard's vault and have enough gold to buy a set of exotic armour on the trading post, it's easy but only if you know how.

Because when games still had manuals people whined about them, because it was a lot of text and actively seeked out player written information. 

6 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

OP wouldn't survive in any other MMO if they can't - as a Willbender would say - Take the initiative to actually play the game

All I got out of this is they want something for bare minimum effort

The funny thing is that OP plays WoW and he's saying gearing up in WoW is easier for new players than in GW2, because there they can powerlevel to cap and then do M+ Dungeons for gear. Yes, new players. But people saying that you can level in 10 or so hours, then buy Exotic gear off of an NPC in Lion's Arch is easy, because we are "experienced"

48 minutes ago, Omega.6801 said:

ANet could also hand them out for free and give each play 7k gold on top. They can do a lot of things. But should they? Should everything in the game be easily obtainable for everyone? Should there be no long term goals in a long term game like an MMO? Should people who play 8hrs a day(not arguing that this is a good thing) have the same account progression as someone who play an hour every other week?

Yes there will be progression  such i listed in my second paragraph with the Blue>Green>Exotic "combat sets"

You can replace time needed of OW with Raids one , if you mode lacks long term goal :P

• Confused 4

1 minute ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Yes there will be progression  such i listed in my second paragraph with the Blue>Green>Exotic "combat sets"

I ignored that part because it's a new system that would have to be invented from scratch. Also I don't like the idea. All it would bring is some "combat effects" being better than others, making them meta and so on and so forth. Also It would lead to even more balancing hell. Also if would legendry gear be able to select the combat effect nothing would have changed, we just added something to it.
All in all, this is not a thread about your suggestion but a thread about the OP being frustrated about leveling and gearing.

4 minutes ago, Omega.6801 said:

I ignored that part because it's a new system that would have to be invented from scratch. Also I don't like the idea. All it would bring is some "combat effects" being better than others, making them meta and so on and so forth. Also It would lead to even more balancing hell. Also if would legendry gear be able to select the combat effect nothing would have changed, we just added something to it.
All in all, this is not a thread about your suggestion but a thread about the OP being frustrated about leveling and gearing.

Hmm , because you answered comfused me that you tried to give the OP , that why i went oftopic.

3 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

(legendaries wont be able to select the combat stat , they offer the old switch stat mechanic .. so they wont be the best in slot)

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4