Now we have whole roaming Guilds using all CELE

6 minutes ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Cele builds stack might like no tomorrow?!

My point stands. You should never be capable of doing more damage in a cele build like you do in a pure glass cannon build. Cele is strong, i don’t disagree. But cele is strong because you are a jack of all trades. But you’re also master of none. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Celestial is never getting reworked. 

All you have to do is look at the new player feedback once they hit 80 or boost to 80. You'll see complaints about the game being too hard including Path of Fire.

Celestial coming free with the boost is meant to counter this. Is it the ideal, perfect gear? No. But it gives you more stats overall and spreads them out evenly to help that newer player succeed in content or feel more successful.

So the options

1) buff all other stats for gear

2) screw over new players and nerf celestial for the benefit of wvw roamers (lol)

3) rework combat and abilities so the difference between a new player and an experienced, knowledgeable player and their DPS isn't 900% more DPS for the experienced player but maybe 25% or 50% more DPS.

4) do nothing

And do nothing is by far the easiest and most appealing. 1) and 3) are massive undertakings, 2) appeals to a tiny segment of the playerbase. None are happening.

Edited by Leger.3724
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

My point stands. You should never be capable of doing more damage in a cele build like you do in a pure glass cannon build. Cele is strong, i don’t disagree. But cele is strong because you are a jack of all trades. But you’re also master of none. 

Cele is great at power, condi and survivability.   The boon duration the set provides makes powerful boons likes protection/resist and might near infinite.  Making 25 stacks of might easy to obtain and keep up on a decent amount of classes, which increases someone's power and condi damage by... 750 power/condi which puts cele close if not equal to where full power/condi builds sit for those stats while also providing everything else.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

39 minutes ago, Sonork.2916 said:

Cele is great at power, condi and survivability.   The boon duration the set provides makes powerful boons likes protection/resist and might near infinite.  Making 25 stacks of might easy to obtain and keep up on a decent amount of classes, which increases someone's power and condi damage by... 750 power/condi which puts cele close if not equal to where full power/condi builds sit for those stats while also providing everything else.

If there only was a way to obtain boons for non-cele builds.

cele does less damage than pure dps builds. I still stand to that.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

On 1/4/2024 at 11:26 AM, CafPow.1542 said:

Cele does do less than pure dmg builds, but it's very close with 25 stacks of might, while also giving everything else cele gives.

(loving the confused emotes. ❤️  So hard to understand what I'm saying.

Edited by Sonork.2916
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Sonork.2916 said:

42% more infinite. And as far as power builds go, you’re still allowed to use might. It’s not like one is perma 25 and the other is none at all. You can still hit 25 during a burst of your class allows, or if it’s more sustained rolling might, then it’s not unusual for power builds to sit between 10-15 might. And generally pure power builds will get more out of the percent modifier traits than celestial will.

The main weakness of celestial is the crit chance. You can’t really make a decent power focused cele build unless you have an added precision modifier like guardian radiance or renegade GM minor for examples. Most cele builds will lean towards condi focused if they don’t have access to that. And that condi really won’t hit hard even with 25 might unless they’re able to burst high quantities of the condi (poison/torment/bleed) or if they have good access to burn. And it’s not cele causing that rate of application.

That’s generally the two routes to cele. You don’t just slap it on and suddenly you do more damage than everything. You aren’t stronger than a focused power build, condi build, tank build, and healing build all at once, no matter how much people think so.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, UncreativeGreen.2019 said:

That’s generally the two routes to cele. You don’t just slap it on and suddenly you do more damage than everything. You aren’t stronger than a focused power build, condi build, tank build, and healing build all at once, no matter how much people think so.

Exactly what i said. Jack of all trades, master of none.

you do decent damage in condi and power. You are decently tanky, you can heal fine and spill out boons but in no field, you gonna excel. 

if you hammer your burst window as a pure dps player into the celes invuln / dodge combo, you’re naked and the cele has still a lot to go with. But that’s not a cele-issue then.

i think cele needs some consideration balance-wise at least in pvp situations… maybe like boon duration or whatnot but yeah.

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

It's not cele that needs balanced, it's the interactions.  This need existed pre-weapon master and relics, and now the interactions need triple balancing--so really will be surprised if they just don't keep ignoring it.  

For instance, look at something like scepter thief--the abomination only happened with combo of cele, opening up all weapons, and thiefs natural abilities / being able not to take specter and replacing all support type abilities with damaging ones.  

Or, now pistol reaper which has ranged component in addition to some insane melee damage (what it was actually designed for)--can run cele on this and be an absolute menace.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

Concentration?!

It does less than viper/grieving probably but not by a long margin.

It does less than marauder/trailblazer? If you count the power + condi damage + 25 might ez...

Point stands it does way to much damage for the amount of survival.

Again, there's a reason cele amulet got deleted in PvP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

2 minutes ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Again, there's a reason cele amulet got deleted in PvP.

Ok, too much.

All defensive amulets were removed from sPvP due to e-sports not just Cele. It wasn't a balance issue it was because the fastest connection couldn't nuke down the other side and for Twitch viewers that made for all the screen flashes too much and boring if the fight ran long, and the assumption that skill and connection speed meant skill. Whatever.

I wouldn't use this argument. Its like when the Zerk crowd in WvW asked that PvT be removed because they couldn't one shot someone wearing PvT without actually facing a player wearing armor to survive the first attack and having to fight back.

How many times do we need to repeat this trend. Remove Zerk, remove Soldier, remove Cele, remove Knight, remove Viper, remove Trail, remove Minstrel, remove......

Paper asked the bartender for a drink. Rough day replied Paper I could use a drink. As Paper drank some and relaxed Scissors walked up and slapped Paper on the back saying wonderful day wouldn't you say! As Paper was about to reply Rock walked in and Paper yelled "Hey! Come on over we are just talking about the day!" Scissors downed their drink and looked for an exit".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Ok, too much.

All defensive amulets were removed from sPvP due to e-sports not just Cele. It wasn't a balance issue it was because the fastest connection couldn't nuke down the other side and for Twitch viewers that made for all the screen flashes too much and boring if the fight ran long, and the assumption that skill and connection speed meant skill. Whatever.

I wouldn't use this argument. Its like when the Zerk crowd in WvW asked that PvT be removed because they couldn't one shot someone wearing PvT without actually facing a player wearing armor to survive the first attack and having to fight back.

How many times do we need to repeat this trend. Remove Zerk, remove Soldier, remove Cele, remove Knight, remove Viper, remove Trail, remove Minstrel, remove......

Paper asked the bartender for a drink. Rough day replied Paper I could use a drink. As Paper drank some and relaxed Scissors walked up and slapped Paper on the back saying wonderful day wouldn't you say! As Paper was about to reply Rock walked in and Paper yelled "Hey! Come on over we are just talking about the day!" Scissors downed their drink and looked for an exit".

Now we're getting somewhere, so you're saying cele is a defensive set. Should a defensive set deals as much damage as cele does?

As for soldier its fine since it deals no damage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

14 hours ago, UncreativeGreen.2019 said:

The main weakness of celestial is the crit chance. You can’t really make a decent power focused cele build unless you have an added precision modifier like guardian radiance or renegade GM minor for examples.

Celestial + Infiltration Rune + Fury (with a +42% duration thanks to celestial) = 81% crit chance

Since ANet deleted boon corrupts and hardnerfed boon strips, you don't even have to worry about losing fury or getting punished for using it (corrupted to blind) anymore.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, KrHome.1920 said:

Celestial + Infiltration Rune + Fury (with a +42% duration thanks to celestial) = 81% crit chance

Since ANet deleted boon corrupts and hardnerfed boon strips, you don't even have to worry about losing fury or getting punished for using it (corrupted to blind) anymore.

Where’s the extra 15% come from? Cause celes base crit chance is 35%, add wvw/spvp fury and that’s 55%, then add infiltration runes and that’s 66%. 

There’s other ways to hit reliable crits with traits, sigils, and relics. But generally they compete with high valued active survival traits, QoL, or boon traits that it’ll be too much investment for a cele build to pick when they have to cover other bases first in order to hit this “perma” 25might and god like survivability. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

that moment when people cry about cele and 25 might without having the slightest idea how their class can generate might stacks up the kitten with berserker/marauder gear...

big oof

confused faces don't know their traits/abilities >>

Edited by RazieL.5684
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Cele is great, it's good for those of us not so good in PVP, and those that's into Ganking. Cause we all know many roamers love to go after the soft targets, usually the tail end of a zerg with their own mob. I suck in PVP and it don't bother me whatsoever. But I love PVE and tanking the mob bosses. When roamers can't kill you right away  it seems like they get angry and will look for you in a zerg and try to bait you out for their zerg usually using a Will Bender. I just figured most roamers are little kids trying to have some fun, like mine used to do. Leave them alone and let them have their fun it's not that serious, it's just a game.

The expansion SOTO even sell Cele armor and weapons in the wizards vault, very easy to get. Do the metas a  few times, a fractal and dungeon you'll be all set. Along with crafting, I outfitted 7 characters. 2 I didn't because don't like the gameplay of Mesmer and Thief, but that's just me I'm sure others love their gameplay. To each his own no problem.

Remember everyone should be able to play like they want.

Edited by Widebody.5071
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Widebody.5071 said:

When roamers can't kill you right away  it seems like they get angry and will look for you in a zerg and try to bait you out for their zerg usually using a Will Bender. I just figured most roamers are little kids trying to have some fun, like mine used to do. Leave them alone and let them have their fun it's not that serious

Leaving kids that get angy (because they don't achieve what they want) alone to have fun is something you consider a good education? If you want to raise some narcists, then this is a good strategy.

it's just a game

A game I paid for and I expect to be maintained by the devs accordingly.

emember everyone should be able to play like they want.

I will remember you to this the next time some exploiters wasted of few hours of your lifetime.

Topic:

Something I suggested in the past already: Celestial could basically made baseline at this point and all other attribute combinations erased.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, KrHome.1920 said:

Leaving kids that get angy (because they don't achieve what they want) alone to have fun is something you consider a good education? If you want to raise some narcists, then this is a good strategy.

I will remember you to this the next time some exploiters wasted of few hours of your lifetime.

Topic:

Something I suggested in the past already: Celestial could basically made baseline at this point and all other attribute combinations erased.

Yea why not? Let them get mad, there's no need to complain about it in the forums it's a non issue that won't be addressed. ( unless you just want to vent which is NP)

Most paid for it but the WVW portion cater to all paid or not paid for.

I've been trolled, targeted, ganked and everything else in this game going back to the beginning. But it don't bother me it's a game. Learn to work around it, if you complain that's adding fuel to the fire these guys love that. That's where the "narcists" get their fuel from, don't let them trigger you. If need be upgrade your armor and weapons find a boon ball (since that's the thing now) and pick them off one by one, then watch the forums light up.😉

Cele are great! There was no problem when a few people had them, but when they went mainstream all hell broke loose. Just read the forums at the 1st half of last year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, KrHome.1920 said:

The game *is* maintained by the devs accordingly. Them not catering to your design decisions has no hold on how the game maintenance is being upheld.

Apply for CmC's job if you don't like it.

• Thanks 1

"Paper was having a drink at the bar thinking back on the how it didn't go so well that day when Scissors enters slapping them on the back and saying awesome day! Scissors started to lean further down when Rock entered and Paper sat up and yelled to come over and share a drink while Scissors tried to slink away.".

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Justine.6351 said:

We had to 5 v 2 a couple of cele players. I mean we didn't have to, we could have tried walking away.

And i just con from a 5v2 against to glascannonguardians. They just deleted so many hp in such a short time, it was possibpe for them.

nerf zerker now huh?

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3