[POLL] Do you still bother slapping those NODES?

[POLL] Do you still bother slapping those NODES?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still bother gathering NODES in objectives?

• Yes, it'll turn into gold someday!
    • Only if it's leather.
    • Maybe, if I'm like, accidentally right next to it, and my [F] action comes up.
    • Lmao No, not even worth the time, the rewards are bad.

Leather yeah.

or wood and ore if there is time.

all the flowers can go to hell tho.

/e if i want resources and materials i certainly never would go into wvw for ten hours when i can farm the same amount in pve in 15 minutes.

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yes when I am on a toon with gathering tools and then say WTW when the toon doesn't have them. Side note: Do I want open field gathering spots re-added as well: OMG YES!

The potential for fun and squirreling: AMAZING! The potential for chaos and anarchy: OVERWHELMING!

Did I overdue it with the caps? Sorry about that.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624

13 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Do I want open field gathering spots re-added as well: OMG YES!

Tho not needed for farming purposes it would be fun potentially. I mean getting salted hard per wisper because you stopped somebody from that orichalcum-ore makes me wanna have it bad.

nothing spices up the gameplay more than a bit of purple salt in the chatbox amirite?

• Confused 2

Just now, CafPow.1542 said:

Tho not needed for farming purposes it would be fun potentially. I mean getting salted hard per wisper because you stopped somebody from that orichalcum-ore makes me wanna have it bad.

nothing spices up the gameplay more than a bit of purple salt in the chatbox amirite?

Were you in WvW when we had open field gathering spots? We used to have them. They acted as their own little hotspots for activity. It was a blast, if you weren't the one trying to herd cats lol. 

3 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Were you in WvW when we had open field gathering spots? We used to have them. They acted as their own little hotspots for activity. It was a blast, if you weren't the one trying to herd cats lol. 

Nah i wasn’t. I do play GW2 since vanilla with a break or 2 (i clearly remember the old talent trees and no especcs), but i only startet wvw „more serious“ a year ago. Came for easy leggos and gonna stay for the fun.

Just now, CafPow.1542 said:

Nah i wasn’t. I do play GW2 since vanilla with a break or 2 (i clearly remember the old talent trees and no especcs), but i only startet wvw „more serious“ a year ago. Came for easy leggos and gonna stay for the fun.

All the more welcome from before then. We had open world nodes in the past prior to the objective nodes. They would cause a zerg to break and stager and gather. This had the potential to create points of conflict and create more open world fights.

They were removed without stated reasons. Thoughts at the time was Comms that had issues with players not staying with the group lead to complaints which lead them to be removed and the gathering gens were added. Personally I think we should have both. But that's my 2 cents that think its a nice feature to add to control and a good feature to add potential for open field conflict points.

5 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

All the more welcome from before then. We had open world nodes in the past prior to the objective nodes. They would cause a zerg to break and stager and gather. This had the potential to create points of conflict and create more open world fights.

They were removed without stated reasons. Thoughts at the time was Comms that had issues with players not staying with the group lead to complaints which lead them to be removed and the gathering gens were added. Personally I think we should have both. But that's my 2 cents that think its a nice feature to add to control and a good feature to add potential for open field conflict points.

Yeah i can see the problems but i would welcome borh aswell. If the zerg splits up to chase a flower it’s a players problem that players can solve imo. 
despite all the forum wars here, i think wvw is a mostly fun gamemode. If it isn’t, i just take a break. Simple as. I’d like more maps tho, that would be neat.

honestly the nodes don’t feel like worth it mostly.  In all aspects, i can farm way more efficient playjng a round of drizzlewood or dragonfall if i want stuff. So i don’t care really. But creating spots or opportunities for people to clap each other is generally a good idea for wvw i think.

/e concerning zerg behavior:

when the commi says „everyone only hit that dolyak once so all get a chance for supplies“ resulting in a dolyak that doesn’t get killed by 40 ppl is kinda silly to watch ^^

Edited by CafPow.1542

Mostly only leather unless not doing much.  RNG'ing t1 leather really sucks though. I don't really get people that lag behind and slow down the group/die for them; nobody is that poor to need them.  It may be a habit from old times when WvW rewards really did utterly suck but these days most of the wealth from WvW comes from reward and skirmish track. Everything else you can chuck in the trash and you'd still have 90% probably.

For the most part gathering nodes are pretty unimpressive. I used to switch my unlimited gathering tools around characters but I don't do that anymore as it is too much effort.

I set my gathering tools to maximum speed so I don't spend as much time gathering as others. For example I have the Fused Molten Sickle for gathering that is a lot faster than other gathering sickles just by itself. Then I insert the Glyph of Reaping. And for the other two I have glyphs that increase the speed (Industry?). But yeah, I do focus on leather as well.

Edited by Gehenna.3625

Depends.

I get nodes when I can because they give me Volatile Magic which is one of the few ways to make some gold in WvW.

But if I'm not solo,  my group is too fast, something urgent is happening...I might not.

Content > nodes

I do farm the nodes all the time for VM. I'm constantly crafting legendaries and T6 mats are expensive. 

The only exceptions are guild runs when the commander moves and small havoc where the tag usually moves too fast to actually farm anything but bags.