Legendary Relics are Coming Soon

35 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

That isnt a lie, its a change of mind in an environment where openness to change is necessary. If you tell your significant other that you will pick up dinner at their favorite restaurant on the way home, but discover that the block where the resataurant sits is not easily accessible due to an accident or something, would it be a lie to pick a different place?

It's funny how people like you always compare things that have absolutely nothing in common and make zero sense.

I wonder if people would be this cool if they came next month and said "We changed our mind, people who crafted one rune won't get the relic for free".

Edited by BatelGeuce.3591
Because
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Crafted one now. I just hope it works fine with the auto unlock of the legendary relic for peoplat that have crafted at least one rune. Not that this got announced ArenaNet can't just change their mind  on this and denying it to the people that only crafted one - since the prices of certain components alraedy increased on the TP. (We might have not crafted it to the higher price if they did not make this announcement.)

They can. It's happened already. That's kind of the frustrating point. Even their official (more or less black and white wording) announcements are subject to change.

4 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

People that have crafted 7 runes? Well their was no clear explanation on how this would work in detail - and they get the bonus to not have to manually buy another normal rune for ther aquabreather. So they can't complain. (They could have waited until now.)

Except that it was made 100% clear that the 7th rune crafting was going to be more beneficial than just having 6. And granted, yea, the 7th's gives the aqua breather rune. That rune is near worthless overall. 

7 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

The thing with unlocking new stuff first - makes sense and seems fun. (So you have at least content to unlock - not just buying the expansion automatically having the new effects and not even playing any of the new content :D) Since it affects only new stuff ... it is not a big problem.

(They still should add maybe older 6th rune boni they did not include yet in the core game without needing an unlock for the legendary. Some summons I think.)

I also agree it makes some sense to have to unlock the additional abilities as we go. That only make it slightly less disappointing since that isn't how any legendary item has worked until now.
I would like to see any later added core runes added to the legendary rune by default. No idea if that's how it'll work at the moment, obviously.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

We had previously communicated that crafting all seven runes would yield additional progress, but as we evaluated options for compensation, it became clear that the best choice was to fully compensate anyone who had made any legendary runes prior to the relic becoming available with a completed legendary relic.

Womp womp womppppppp.

That is tremendously frustrating from a communication standpoint. You guys should at least give us a title or something more than zero. It did take more than zero effort to collect all 7 you know.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Scryed.9423 said:

Womp womp womppppppp.

That is tremendously frustrating from a communication standpoint. You guys should at least give us a title or something more than zero. It did take more than zero effort to collect all 7 you know.

Having 7 legendary runes is its own compensation. I made mine long ago, and they are a great QoL addition to an account.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, DeanBB.4268 said:

Having 7 legendary runes is its own compensation. I made mine long ago, and they are a great QoL addition to an account.

Except that isn't the point.
The point is when you specifically say what to expect and then decide what we say doesn't matter.

I fully understand what you are saying about crafting them. Having them is nice. The point where they specifically made a deal to post and communicate compensation is what im referencing.

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Except that it was made 100% clear that the 7th rune crafting was going to be more beneficial than just having 6. And granted, yea, the 7th's gives the aqua breather rune. That rune is near worthless overall.

Yes, but it was also reasonably clear that this benefit would not be anywhere close to the worth of a single legendary rune. And that 7 runes will not be necessary. As such, if you didn't want underwater rune and didn't plan to make it otherwise, making it just for compensation was clear to be a definite loss. The only reason for making a full 7 piece set would be if you intended to craft them anyway.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 6
  • Confused 8

21 minutes ago, BatelGeuce.3591 said:

It's funny how people like you always compare things that have absolutely nothing in common and make zero sense.

I wonder if people would be this cool if they came next month and said "We changed our mind, people who crafted one rune won't get the relic for free".

"People like," me.

Honest and accurate people. Gotcha.

And to be clear, I am not faulting you for your criticism. I completely understand it and empathize. Doesn't make what they said a lie though,

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 2
  • Confused 11

Prices of the charms might need a bit of changes though. I just checked. And they seem to have had an increase since the start of SotO. Now the big increase cause of the announcement that only one rune is needed. This is the advantage for players that already had 6-7 runes the normal way - they got them (and their normal legendary rune benefit) at a lower price. Fine. And the prices will drop once a lot of people have at least one rune.

What bugs me: The prices already stayed higher after the SotO release. People that wanted to make 6 or 7 back then already should have them by now. Thing is that they seem to be needed for the basic core relics - to craft them. (To the point that it even seems the expansion relics - that are better in a lot of cases and should be more expensive - seem cheaper.) This must have pushed the price a bit higher. (On the other hand making the legendary relic more worthwile to get.)

Side effect is that it also makes the basic runes more expensive. The cheap stuff (that new players might want to get first to try out builds). I can already see them making the supply for charms going higher. Either by making them craftable or adding a way to buy them (limited amount vendor maybe - 1 per day for a few expansion currency so people also will get the expansion to be able to ge the charms similar to the summoning stones in Arborstone). For me it was not too bad to craft one rune now - I would have gotten it anyways at some point later. And I had most of the charms. Maye like 30 to buy ... a bit more gold there. (And not speculating on selling my existing charms to rebuy a lot more later at a cheap price.) Not a big deal.

But I will certainly wait a lot more before crafting anything that uses charms now. (Which should only be the other runes left. Relic I will wait for the free legendary one now. And sigils use "symbols" it seems.) / Edit. Of course the legendary relic release itself also can affect the charm prices. When people do not need to create the normal relics anymore. There might still be new players that need to craft though. We'll see about that ...

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 3

Ahaha you get the leggy relic for free, only its not really a legendary item.

Just. kittening. LOL.

Whole point of crafting legendaries for me is to spend a lot of resources (and so time) ONCE and then not bother later on. Whats the point of investing little to no resources for little to no effect? Might as well use normal relics...

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

13 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Ahaha you get the leggy relic for free, only its not really a legendary item.

Just. kittening. LOL.

Whole point of crafting legendaries for me is to spend a lot of resources (and so time) ONCE and then not bother later on. Whats the point of investing little to no resources for little to no effect? Might as well use normal relics...

You get them by crafting them once - being able to swap for free. They only mentiond that you need to unlock (only once!) later added effects that get added with the next expansion. so same effect. (=swapping for free on all chars) Just an unlock needed. Nowhere is stated that you have "little to no effect" or that you still need to pay for core relics.

This will still save a good amount of money and feel more convenient.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yes, but it was also reasonably clear that this benefit would not be anywhere close to the worth of a single legendary rune. And that 7 runes will not be necessary. As such, if you didn't want underwater rune and didn't plan to make it otherwise, making it just for compensation was clear to be a definite loss. The only reason for making a full 7 piece set would be if you intended to craft them anyway.

I suppose I expected "a loss". I did not expect "zero worth". Especially after they made the specific point that 7 would be needed for full compensation. Like, if it was ambiguous, I wouldn't care one way or the other. The very specific follow up question was asked and answered.

And that answer has now changed. Pretty much everything around relics has been a disappointment to me. This is just more of that. Not a deal breaker, mind you. I still enjoy the game. I'm just a little less enthused.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

42 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

I think this is going to be the key point.  Should name it to Temporarily Legendary items.  Their logic was to make sure people "engaged with the content", I think the idea was to engage with the grindy part of the content once for a Legendary, hence the name LEGENDARY.  Then to engage with other aspects of the game.  Because the game itself is not meant to be a gear grind.  But their philosophy as a company was called into question rightfully so because they took out an aspect, repackaged it and sold it back to you.  And that aspect now unlike Legendary Runes is also temporary now.  Whoever is making the game design decisions for the company is trying to slowly turn it into a gear grind Korean MMO.  It is lazy game design.  Because instead of creating fun content, the gear grind becomes the content.  Buckle up for 1,000,000 rifts of grinding!

Edited by MuscleBobBuffPants.1406
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Divity.3049 said:

Will you somehow adjust the costs of legendary runes AFTER the relic release so they are becoming a more reasonable deal?

What should Anet adjust? The price of recipes? The rest is all materials and provisioner tokens, isn't it? And you can even get provisioner tokens with materials.

They are legendary, thus an end-game goal. And having a full set is a massive QoL, worthy of the investment.

• Like 1

I am quite dissapointed at this moment.

The good: we have a confirmation that there is going to be a Legendary Relic and there is going to be released soon. In addition to this, legendary runes owners don't have to grind again for it because we already have it.

The ugly: not for me, because i had the seven runes before SotO, but for others; it was said that it would be needed the seven runes to get optimal progress and that we are going to be rewarded for our efforts.

The bad: this isn't how a legendary relics should work. Once unlocked you should be able to swap among all the relics in game as prefixes work in legendary weapons and armors as types work in sigil and runes. This new behavior is how the NORMAL jade bot should work not the clumpsy one we get. And I am already wait for legendary chips and core that you can swap between all of them and for all my toons.
Bonus: what about a legendary aquabreather? When?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

I had 6 runes, never had plans to craft the 7th since it was only ever needed for underwater combat, then you changed the runes, introduce relics, promise rewards for having 7th, I crafted it,  please take it away from my account and give me back my mats.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

This is typical Anet.  Some will read this news as if Anet is doing the playerbase a favor, but that is not what happened at all. 

Anet got caught out for not thinking about this issue before SoTo launched.  Thankfully they saw it as an oversight and determined they needed to do *something*.  And, after 6 months they came up with the solution that made them do the *least* amount of work or design because they can't really be bothered to fully support the game. 

Q: Does Account have a Legendary Rune?  Yes, mail them a legendary relic. 

Good job boys, we are done.   Back to Project X. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 7

3 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

"Legendary relics will work a bit differently than other legendary equipment, in that players will need to unlock new relic effects for future expansions in order to make use of them with their legendary relic."
So Legendary means nothing. Cool. Thanks a lot ANet.

It means you only need to unlock it once for all characters to have access to it. One PvP/WvW reward will do it. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Kalendil Istarion.4103 said:

Bonus: what about a legendary aquabreather? When?

Don't worry, ANet has you covered. It won't swap stats, won't transmute for free, won't be an account wide unlock and won't be able to change upgrades for free; but they will call it a Legendary, its name will be dark purple and it will be a hell of a grind to craft so it's all fine. Words mean nothing. It's all just PR speak.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Legendary relics will work a bit differently than other legendary equipment, in that players will need to unlock new relic effects for future expansions in order to make use of them with their legendary relic.

Simply put, this isn't what was promised.  We were told they would be legendary, not semi-legendary.  Future proofing is a big part of legendary items.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, luuks.5687 said:

Can someone clarify something for me?  Maybe I don't understand.

There is only one relic slot. So you'll only need one.
If I craft a legendary rune now (before the release of the legendary relic), I will automatically receive the one legendary relic I need.

Is the above assumption correct?

Quickly craft ONE legendary rune now and you will get tthe free Relic
"When the release that contains legendary relics goes live, the eligibility period will end, and the only way to obtain a legendary relic will be through the normal crafting journey."

Thank you Arena Net for giving us Free Relic. THANK YOU.

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Crell.6401 said:

Fine. Don't give us more progress in Legendary Relics for crafting additional runes as originally announced. But give us 'something' compensation wise. We crafted based on what you announced.

3 hours ago, GalenWolffit.3842 said:

I didn't craft the 7th thinking it would get me a free relic.  I crafted the 7th thinking it would get me significant progress because ANet said it would, months ago.  Turns out that was a lie, I didn't need to craft the 7th rune at all, because even a single rune was enough.

I took action based on what ANet said in an official announcement.  ANet then changed their minds, invalidating the action I took based on their official announcement.

That's the problem.

How much more significant progess can you get then a 100% free relic?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4