I'm a fan of the dragon helmet.

I love it too. Seems ANet went for something new here as this helmet technicly is Your head when You equip it. Your own head mesh was always visible under other headpieces, this one replaces it completly. And the scales act as Your skin/fur, so things like parts of tattoo from this 3 tattoo skins are still visible on the scales. Wish the Nourys headpiece was made like this. Would be lovely for it to be able to hold infusions too. And there is one not working dye slot, but overall it's a really beautiful skin, kudos for the devs who were working on it.

I know it's part of this festival meta pieces but if You could bring dragon hands and feets (and make charr tails change with feets like they change with rebel boots) into the gemstore, I would buy it in a heartbeat, no matter the price. And it's safe to say, many other players would do too, since it's extremly good quality skin. I even dare to say best made ever in all this 11 years (and it's not like the bar was low, since there are many quality skins in this game already). So congrats and please, give us more and let us turn our other limbs (and tails) scaly too. ^^

• Like 6

I love it.

It looks so natural on Charr xD

Add some fitting wings backpack to it and it is a new race (by looks) ^^

https://i.postimg.cc/tCzKPTQD/gw376.jpg

But dying is a pain (one field doesn't even do anything I can see). Tried to dye it white to fit a white Charr and in preview it looked fitting with celestial dye but in "real":  https://i.postimg.cc/vmDTkktF/gw318.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/1/2024 at 10:16 AM, Biziut.3594 said:

And there is one not working dye slot

Correcting myself, dye slot is not bugged. Just amazing. ANet went for so much details that this slot actually dyes the whole interior of Your mouth, and slightly dyes nostrils, gums and eye shades.

Again big kudos from me, amazing skin. Begging for more with the wallet in my hands.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

On a Charr, it really gives you "D&D Dragonborn" vibes. Has someone tried it with Infusions that replace "skin", like the Deldrimor Stoneskin ?

Yes, it is affected by armor altering effects and infusions like Deldrimor stone, Haloween revarbrating infusions and Juggernut metallic effects. It is not altered by skin changing infusions tho, like Khan-Ur, Mystic, Crystal, Cosmic etc. infusions. In this matter it works like a normal equipment piece rather than part of Your character. ^^

Edited by Biziut.3594
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really like the helmet, for some reason I even like that it's animated as if it's your character's actual face, when the cat ears on the outfit creeped me out by moving. I doubt I'll ever use it except on a tempoary novelty character, but I like how it looks.

Although I've got this story-adjacent head cannon where ever since my main character made herself a 'Champion of Aurene' outfit she's had to periodically remind/reassure people that it's just clothes and Aurene has not branded her or taken over her mind. I could absolutely imagine her using this combined with a few other bits to freak out the rest of Dragon's Watch. Let them think things have gone a bit nuts since they stopped keeping in touch. 😄

20 hours ago, Scolix.4879 said:

I wish i could get it but i just hate firecracker lighting so much. 

Well it took almost hour to do but i got it. Still i do not like the firecracker bit at all.

You don't need to do the firecracker lighting. I got it by doing Celestial Challenger, Light up the Sky, Celestial Racer, New Year's Resolution (foot race) and Firecracker Finder  (getting the 10 around the Crown Pavillion with no time limit).

I did the firecracker adventure once for the permanent achievement, but I don't like it at all so I've skipped it every year since.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 6

On 2/2/2024 at 8:55 PM, DragoTheWise.7256 said:

It is a great addition to the game and I hope that they do more stuff like this in the future

i'd honestly be willing to pay for more high quality head replacement helmets like this. the quality better than most of the gemstore/lootbox armor pieces. and honestly this is probably the closest we'll get to for new player races.

On 2/3/2024 at 7:14 AM, Gorani.7205 said:

On a Charr, it really gives you "D&D Dragonborn" vibes. Has someone tried it with Infusions that replace "skin", like the Deldrimor Stoneskin ?

they saw a bunch of people playing BG3 and were like "hey wanna make your dragonborn tav, or cosplay as default durge?"

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I'm really glad you all are liking this helm so much, and I'm making sure to pass the feedback on to the team!

Thank You so much Rubi! This helmet is truly an amazing piece of art. Can't wait for more pieces or other new skins like these. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I'm really glad you all are liking this helm so much, and I'm making sure to pass the feedback on to the team!

I consider it less of a helm and more of a head skin. Similar end product but a distinction to be discussed as future possable skins. Giving people more chances to have hooves, claws, tails etc is def an interesting layer! I also do hope one day the combat tonics can be able to ride mounts. Many people dont use them due to that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I cannot stand this helmet it looks like they cut some mobs head off and stuck it on my character and then shrank it like in bettlejuice.  The neck is massive and not even remotely proportional.  I feel like im in the twilight zone in here.

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1