Anyone else happy about Leg. armor because the don't like how it looks?

Well, i dont like it, 

too much hype and nosthalgia for a average skin. I talked with my guildies, no one want it bcs the pvp and wvw are easier and looks better .

ANET pls.  This was my favorite expansion , the concept of a full plate heavy armor is really nice...just give it an animation or aura that feels and looks leggyyy * die * 

• Confused 10

14 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

They might be happy because disliking the appearance means that they dont feel any pressure to make another set of armor? 

That makes perfect sense! 👍😂

3 hours ago, A R S M A E L.3750 said:

Well, i dont like it

Me, neither. I wasted time, thousands of gold (for essences) and quite some materials on the heavy skin and now I really don't want it. 😱

This will teach me to never start working on something again that we have not seen an in-game image of.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 8

12 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

That makes perfect sense! 👍😂

Me, neither. I wasted time, thousands of gold (for essences) and quite some materials on the heavy skin and now I really don't want it. 😱

This will teach me to never start working on something again that we have not seen an in-game image of.

I mean, it IS a valueable lesson to learn early in life. Not to buy something before you see the finished product. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I mean, it IS a valueable lesson to learn early in life. Not to buy something before you see the finished product. 

LOL, "early in life" - I am old. 😉 In any case, I decided to blindly trust the concept art. Mea culpa. 😉

• Confused 8

Just something to think about: since there is a variant, who's to say they won't add more and different variants in the future? If nothing else, the armor is worth making both for QoL and that potential for more variants. Even if they don't add more variants, at least I will finally have 3 legendary armor sets and I didn't have to deal with game modes that I don't like to get it, because kitten raids, kitten WvW, and especially kitten PvP. It's a win for me.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Zera.9435 said:

Just something to think about: since there is a variant, who's to say they won't add more and different variants in the future? If nothing else, the armor is worth making both for QoL and that potential for more variants. Even if they don't add more variants, at least I will finally have 3 legendary armor sets and I didn't have to deal with game modes that I don't like to get it, because kitten raids, kitten WvW, and especially kitten PvP. It's a win for me.

There is zero chance you will get more variants for this armor since the expansion will end after content drop 4 ( this is were the variant launch) and next expansion will ship afew months after.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

There is zero chance you will get more variants for this armor since the expansion will end after content drop 4 ( this is were the variant launch) and next expansion will ship afew months after.

Haha. I agree, but man your delivery is a downer.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

You're probably right, but there is a chance they can make a variant that requires the next expansion.

I think they look terrible, light armor reminds me of beauty and the beast outfit lmao.   No particle effects either......

Also dervish obsidian armor was the coolest in gw1, but none of them look like that so..... yah....

also people arguing convenience is the draw?  Oh yah its definitely easy to get elated over something as exciting as convenience......... in an mmo which is built around end game fashion...... lol.  Oh and its convenience we've had since 2015 when HoT launched with legendary raid armor lol.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Obsidian_armor#/media/File:Obsidian_armor_1.jpg

https://beauty-and-the-beast-disney.fandom.com/wiki/Prince_Adam/Beast

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Obsidian_armor#/media/File:Dervish_Obsidian_armor_f.jpg

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 14

53 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

also people arguing convenience is the draw?  Oh yah its definitely easy to get elated over something as exciting as convenience......... in an mmo which is built around end game fashion...... lol.  Oh and its convenience we've had since 2015 when HoT launched with legendary raid armor lol.

Want some crazy news?

HoT didn't launch with legendary raid armor. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Legendary-Armor-Information/page/1 That was posted in June 2016. HoT was June 2015. Bastion of the Penitent (W4) didn't come out until Feb 2017.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

Want some crazy news?

HoT didn't launch with legendary raid armor. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Legendary-Armor-Information/page/1 That was posted in June 2016. HoT was June 2015. Bastion of the Penitent (W4) didn't come out until Feb 2017.

so? doesnt make what i said any less relevant lol

• Confused 13

2 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

also people arguing convenience is the draw?  Oh yah its definitely easy to get elated over something as exciting as convenience......... in an mmo which is built around end game fashion...... lol.  Oh and its convenience we've had since 2015 when HoT launched with legendary raid armor lol

You should check all the topic asking for legendary ow armor, the main reason is convenience because they don't want to engage in raid and are not PvP/WvW players.

I mean, if people only wanted nice armor skin, it didn't needed to be legendary at all.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

I didnt pursue legendaries until the armory was added. The utility of having access to free stat switching on every character was the draw. Ive skinned over every single piece.

And Dervish Obby was one of the ugliest skins in GW1. Its almost as if different people can have different preferences without being a hive mind.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Zera.9435 said:

You're probably right, but there is a chance they can make a variant that requires the next expansion.

I don't think there is any chance of that, the features on the next expansion will have to be standalone too. 

They don't add anything based on the assumption that people own a previous expansion. In the future they may add another way to get a different set of legendary armour but not variants of this one.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I didnt pursue legendaries until the armory was added. The utility of having access to free stat switching on every character was the draw. Ive skinned over every single piece.

And Dervish Obby was one of the ugliest skins in GW1. Its almost as if different people can have different preferences without being a hive mind.

Before the armory, I made legendaries for the skins. After I made all skins I liked but still had no armory, I decided to make one of each weapon type. Armory came about after I had already made several weapons, so it ways an immediate bigger pay off when the armory did come. Besides, it's all about Ranger Obby armor.

6 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

I don't think there is any chance of that, the features on the next expansion will have to be standalone too. 

They don't add anything based on the assumption that people own a previous expansion. In the future they may add another way to get a different set of legendary armour but not variants of this one.

I suppose I'm just being optimistic, or maybe I'm just trying to put the idea into the heads of the devs. The only reason I bought SotO was the legendary armor, so for me, a variant to that armor would be a selling point for the new expansion to me. Idiotic, I know, but I can't seem to help it. Maybe I'm just excited about getting my 3 armor sets next week to outfit all 26 of my characters with. 26 armor set reskins for a total cost of 0 transmutation charges. That's a win for me.