"Epic Tease" = new race?

Charr are cat-cows, that orange and those eyes are available, the character in the picture has a tail like a charr, the picture is part of a set that showcases the new armor on different available playable races, a new race would be something more different than just "tigers", there will never be a new playable race for reasons discussed ad nauseam please use the forums earch feature. But sure, believe what you want. It's a tiger. It definitely hints at a new playable race just don't bet any money on it.

Edited by Omega.6801
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If I had to rate the possibility of anet adding a copy of charr as a new race, it would be around 0%. Actually no, it would be exactly 0%.
Wait, no! It "would" not be, it IS 0%. 

"We had charr, yes, but what about second charr?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 17

13 hours ago, PhuriousRhayge.5613 said:

Maybe, but that color orange, the shape of the eye, and the coloring around the eye certainly looks more like a tiger than a Charr, to me at least.

You can adjust the character coloring (as well as eye shapes). What you see here is all within the possible range of choices.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If I had to rate the possibility of anet adding a copy of charr as a new race, it would be around 0%. Actually no, it would be exactly 0%.
Wait, no! It "would" not be, it IS 0%.

Well, we already have humans and big humans as playable races, so without anything to compare size to it could be a new race of upscaled Charr 😉

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You can adjust the character coloring (as well as eye shapes). What you see here is all within the possible range of choices.

Agree. I'm not on my PC to get a screenshot but I've got a charr designed to look as much like a tiger as possible, except for the bright orange mohawk (and the horns of course). I've also got one based on a snow leopard.

33 minutes ago, Padrion.7382 said:

Well, we already have humans and big humans as playable races, so without anything to compare size to it could be a new race of upscaled Charr 😉

Yeah because the one problem with charr is they're not big enough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Padrion.7382 said:

27 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Yeah because the one problem with charr is they're not big enough.

Isn't this what the embiggering tonic is for?  😁

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

why would they add new "race" that looks exactly the same as charr? I mean the body, why to even think about it. 

Some games do this, all their races are basically humans with a small number of minor changes so you can't really tell them apart when they're wearing armour, so maybe if the OP is used to those it doesn't seem unlikely they'd add a new race that's basically charr with different fur colours?

(Although as already noted it's already possible to make a charr look like a tiger, so this wouldn't even be new colours.)

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

why would they add new "race" that looks exactly the same as charr? I mean the body, why to even think about it. 

*gestures vaguely at humans and norn*

At least male norn look like they can easily convince you that "my granddad is a bear."

• Confused 1