could you please allow us to use the dance moves of other races? It should be easier than creating entirely new dances, right? I mean, I love my human dance, but it gets boring having only one move.

or, if you prefer, add entirely new dance moves, but ensure they are as long and complex as the original ones since the moves from ‘How to Dance, Volume 1’ don’t qualify as they are very short and can barely be considered ‘dancing’.

oh right, I forgot to mention that I’m not expecting you to do this for free. Perhaps you could add a ‘How to Dance like a Sylvari’ gizmo to the Gem Store or something similar.

Edited by Arianth Moonlight.6453
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

If every single alt of mine could dance like a sylvari, they so very much would.

And if new dances are possible (I know, it's resources ANet may just not have to spare), now that two person mounts and chairs are possible ... why not some ballroom dancing?  Viennese waltzing, tango, polka, swing, the character with the 'dance mount' could steer the pair around, maybe the 'passenger' could get some flair moves like a spin-out, dip, or aerial.  Norn/Asura pairs would take some finagling but there's gotta be a way.

Or just give every race the Charleston.  That's a non-touching couples/group dance that looks great when people face each other to do it but also works solo.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Stelawrat.6589 said:

Memories... not that I was there mind.

dang, memories indeed!

3 hours ago, Stelawrat.6589 said:

To inspire you to dance irl everyday, try some of these moves, or at least bop around in your chair... 

all those sexy armors... Those were the times...

Edited by Arianth Moonlight.6453
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I want more dances in the game in general, not just the ability to access other racial dances, and definitely not whatever that was added in icebrood, with the just stepping left and right non-sense. GW1 has a plethora of dances. An given he RP community here I would wager quite a few would like that as well. Also locking emotes behind expansion incentives is low.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Stelawrat.6589 said:

Make sure that you dance irl everyday.

That was an awesome find.  Dude just won the forum.

ETA: I think the king of dances might be FF14.  Their cash shop sells a new dance every other month I think.

Edited by Tinker.6924
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Stelawrat.6589 said:

To inspire you to dance irl everyday, try some of these moves, or at least bop around in your chair... 

Oh wow 🥰 Are those clips from GW1? It's so cool to see such big group of players dancing ♥

Please organised some dancing activities for the fun. I'll join for sure 💃 😄

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/7/2024 at 4:43 AM, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

could you please allow us to use the dance moves of other races? It should be easier than creating entirely new dances, right?

Not really, no.
AfaIk each race has a different rig. Each dance animation has to be created from scratch.

When recreating the Charr dance for Asura you have to do the same work as creating a new dance animation.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Not really, no.
Each race has a different rig. Each dance animation has to be created from scratch.

When recreating the Charr dance for Asura you have to do the same work as creating a new dance animation.

Allow me to introduce you to female norn hologram 😄

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

30 minutes ago, circuitnerd.5863 said:

And that refute the claim that each race have different rigs and each race dance would need to be made from scratch how?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, circuitnerd.5863 said:

So.. how does that refute or confirm my point about rigs?

All you proved is that Anet made the Sylvari dance for Norn. Okay, so they don't have to remake that animation for Norn.
But you proved nothing about rigs.

11 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

Humans, Sylvari and Norn are the same.

Are they actually?

Yes, the models are similar, but that doesn't mean they have the same rig.
Ingame Norn seem to have a different rig, the same as Kodan for example.

A proper insight on the rigs would help at this point I think.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, circuitnerd.5863 said:

That doesn't prove very much. Look closely at the norn's model. There are a few parts where her arms completely break - they snap inside the body model, awkwardly jitter, or remain locked in place when they should be moving.

Now imagine a charr or an asura doing the same dance, with their obviously inhuman models. Yes, ArenaNet would likely have to re-work every dance animation from scratch, save maybe human and sylvari (I heard somewhere that they use the same internal rig, but cannot confirm that). It's a nice idea, but unfortunately it probably translates to far too much work on their ends to be profitable and worthwhile.

Edited by Batel.9206
formatting got all messed up! whoops.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Are they actually?

they all have the same bones, even the charrs. That's why everyone can do the same "dances" included in "How to Dance Vol. 1".

at most, all they need to do is minor adjustments.

9 hours ago, Batel.9206 said:

There are a few parts where her arms completely break

nope, that's just an effect caused by the transparency.

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

they all have the same bones, even the charrs.

Bones =/= Rigs

With the same bones you can make a dog rig as well as a human rig.

That's why everyone can do the same "dances" included in "How to Dance Vol. 1".

Everyone can use these dances, because they created these dance animation for each race...

at most, all they need to do is minor adjustments.

Source?

I mean, you are so confident about they all being the same and that it's not much work to transfer one dance animation to another race, so you must have a source your confidence is based of, no?

Do you have some data that show the actual rigs or so?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

I mean, you are so confident about they all being the same and that it's not much work to transfer one dance animation to another race, so you must have a source your confidence is based of, no?

do you know anything about rigging a 3D model? Although I don’t do animation, I’ve been involved in and have studied 3D modeling, animation, and rendering for almost 20 years (virtually the same time I’ve been playing GW2). Animation can be done and stored independently from a model and simply applied to another model. I mean, why would each model that can share the same clothes in a game have different rigging?

in 3D modeling and animation, the same rig can be used across multiple models, especially if they share similar structures or are meant to perform the same actions. This is particularly common in video games, where multiple characters might share the same basic body type or clothing.

By using the same rig, animators can create a set of animations that can be applied to all models using that rig. This can save a significant amount of time and resources, as each animation doesn’t need to be created from scratch for each model.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

18 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

do you know anything about rigging a 3D model? Although I don’t do animation, I’ve been involved in and have studied 3D modeling, animation, and rendering for almost 20 years (virtually the same time I’ve been playing GW2). Animation can be done and stored independently from a model and simply applied to another model. I mean, why would each model that can share the same clothes in a game have different rigging?

in 3D modeling and animation, the same rig can be used across multiple models, especially if they share similar structures or are meant to perform the same actions. This is particularly common in video games, where multiple characters might share the same basic body type or clothing.

By using the same rig, animators can create a set of animations that can be applied to all models using that rig. This can save a significant amount of time and resources, as each animation doesn’t need to be created from scratch for each model.

In other words you do NOT have any actual sources to rely on.

You just talk about some theory you learned, completely unrelated to Anet, GW2 or their models.

You do not have any insight on GW2's models or rigs. You do not know if races share the same rig or not.

That's disappointing, especially since you were so confident with your claims, pretending what you said were facts.

Everything you said here is without any base, without any source. You just THINK it's like this...
And by that your claims are worthless.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1