Next-Level Fashion Wars: Cosmetic Inspect Coming to Guild Wars 2 April 16!

2 minutes ago, Amantiel.3542 said:

Would be awesome to see a Tequatl-style rework for Claw and Mouth.

They wouldn't need a of that scale (new bosses could learn from Tequatl though), but just a restoration so they played as they were designed. Claw has mechanics - golems, ice pillars, ice walls, flamethrowers. Mordy is an actual Elder Dragon a 5 minute fight is a poor showing for one of the few actual proper ED fights. Adjustments to be as designed can only be healthy for the game

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

They wouldn't need a of that scale (new bosses could learn from Tequatl though), but just a restoration so they played as they were designed. Claw has mechanics - golems, ice pillars, ice walls, flamethrowers. Mordy is an actual Elder Dragon a 5 minute fight is a poor showing for one of the few actual proper ED fights. Adjustments to be as designed can only be healthy for the game

To be fair, it's a well known fact that Mordemoth's fight was done pretty much last second, so that one truly does need a good solid rework and has needed it for a long while now.

• Confused 6

8 minutes ago, Amantiel.3542 said:

To be fair, it's a well known fact that Mordemoth's fight was done pretty much last second, so that one truly does need a good solid rework and has needed it for a long while now.

Making it a no mount zone would probably be a huge start in the right direction. x_x

• Like 3

4 hours ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

"Their mandate over the past few years has been to address player problems and introduce improvements to areas of the game, such as the new-player experience, crafting, and group encounters."

Y'all have me curious as to what changes you're looking at with crafting. 😮

This is about the crafting update from last year, no? It's about the past upgrades which the crafting tab got overhauled with new buttons and the ability to search account wide and for crafting disciplines you don't have equipped currently. Not a suggestion of future crafting changes but a showcase that they've touched crafting in the last 5 years.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, XDeadzX.2581 said:

This is about the crafting update from last year, no? It's about the past upgrades which the crafting tab got overhauled with new buttons and the ability to search account wide and for crafting disciplines you don't have equipped currently. Not a suggestion of future crafting changes but a showcase that they've touched crafting in the last 5 years.

ohhhh I'd forgotten about that because I never interacted with the changes much. Thank you for the reminder! <3

People, being to able to view your fashion does NOT mean any of these things:

1. That that person can immediately tell where to get said skins, especially if it is a rare piece that needs to be unlocked via achievements. 

2. That that person can immediately cash out a ton to get the dyes, especially if the fashion in question uses exclusive dyes and those are expensive asf.

3. That that person will immediately spend their gems to get the BL-exclusive items like you did.

4. That that person can even tell how you stacked the infusions, since this feature does not show infusions.

5. That that person will spend/have enough Transmutation charges to copy you down to 1:1. Since not everyone has legendary gear.

6. Perhaps the most interesting, that that person has the means to change their toon’s gender, hairstyle and skin tone to match exactly yours.

And if none of those above applies to you then I’m sorry, your “look” isn’t as unique as you think it is. 

Edited by ZephidelGRS.9520
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

I do have to note that this kind of thing would already be possible with something like a BlishHUD plugin. Your fashion choices are not confidential; they have to be sent to everyone else's machines already in order to be rendered.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Really great addition! Hopefully this is a prelude to wardrobe templates that we can copy and apply across characters. I'd love to be able to click a button to directly copy someone's look - maybe even give them a little notification that I've done so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

Making it a no mount zone would probably be a huge start in the right direction. x_x

I would be on board with that, along with buffing the HP slightly - not to Svanir Shaman levels, but a moderate amount more when there are high player counts on the map.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Amantiel.3542 said:

Fashion in an MMO is to be shared

It's only "shared" if both parties give consent and agree. This feature does not provide any form of consent or choice.

We need an option box for this. Promoting choice, freedom, agency, and consent is the right thing to do Dev's.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

I dont really like this one. The interaction when people ask you what you wearing or the mystery about the players what they wear was not something that has to be removed. We can already see others dps numbers with dps meter i mean not everything has to be a openbook for everyone. So this one is a huge no. Alteast give people the opportunity to say no in options menu for this 

Edited by nightcore.2789
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

Someday, someone should sit down and list all the features and gameplay updates that’s been added since the time Anet has refused to fix a small square shaped cornerstone of DBL garrison, as its invisible on 2 out of 4 tiers.

Then calculate the devtime for those features vs the devtime for fixing a missing mesh that already exist with different textures.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

A player asked me yday about an item I had while gone afk and I answered them 20 minutes later when I scrolled up to see their msg, im sure that player would have benefited from a feature like this. Good addition.

Edited by zealex.9410
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

13 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

😄😄😄 
I'm not aware of any plans for a low-poly bird stress ball but I guess I can check. 

Rubi I fully expect /inspect to have an emote if not now...then in the future 😉 

Edited by HotDelirium.7984
  • Confused 2

They should've implemented the ability to link a preview of your outfit. That would have made it easier for those actually engaging in Fashion Wars who currently write everything out, vs inspecting being the opposite.

If they're going to implement inspecting, they should track it and display statues of the most inspected characters each season. The whole point of this is advertising, right? Maybe they'll finally implement the suggestion of having custom outfits, then have a store item to copy someone's look without needing the skins/dyes.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

@zealex.9410

I'm not against the idea for that in raids fractal strike/ cm's.

But in generic lfg openworld squad/party stuff this could pose a problem for potential gating/kicking just about everyone that doesnt have the EXACT gear the lfg commie demands/wants.

A random commander X: "Hello there, ive just checked your gear, but its not optimal for this train.

Player X: "Cant i just play with my own gear? I just crafted this set, surely its not a problem? ive done the meta before."

A random commander X: "you wanna play this openworld meta as yourself? in MY squad??? tough luck my friend; we are a community; get proper meta builds/gear like the rest of the community, we go for efficiency. You should be happy i checked your gear and spotted the flaws in your own choices before you went at it.

Player X: "eh ok... thanks i guess..."

A random commander X: "Dont go off rails please next time, learn to play the game properly and maybe.... maaaaybe i will allow you to join the meta train next time. "

Player X: "ok ok" *ehhhhh, guess ill look somewhere else for another squad*

A random commander X: "Btw, Ive also checked the armor skins yer using; looks weird and out of place. Might i also suggest better skins for fashion? your character looks like s***t,  Look at that guy over there in my squad? see that style? thats THE style. i strongly recommend you copy his style so you can avoid being an embarrass to the community" 

Player X: "TY"

Edited by Noidea Incognito.9607
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

11 minutes ago, Noidea Incognito.9607 said:

@zealex.9410

But in generic lfg openworld squad/party stuff this could pose a problem for potential gating/kicking just about everyone that doesnt have the EXACT gear the lfg commie demands/wants.

A random commander X: "Hello there, ive just checked your gear, but its not optimal for this train.

Player X: "Cant i just play with my own gear? I just crafted this set, surely its not a problem? ive done the meta before."

A random commander X: "you wanna play this openworld meta as yourself? in MY squad??? tough luck my friend; we are a community; get proper meta builds/gear like the rest of the community, we go for efficiency. You should be happy i checked your gear and spotted the flaws in your own choices before you went at it.

A random commander X: "Dont go off rails please next time, learn to play the game properly and maybe.... maaaaybe i will allow you to join the meta train next time. "

A random commander X: "Btw, Ive also checked the armor skins yer using; looks weird and out of place. Might i also suggest better skins for fashion? your character looks like s***t,  Look at that guy over there in my squad? see that style? thats THE style. i strongly recommend you copy his style so you can avoid being an embarrass to the community" 

Bru what kind of fanfiction is this? This would never happen in the open world. You can already kick people for low dps, but no one cares.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Noidea Incognito.9607 said:

@zealex.9410

Why would anyone check for your gear in open world? It only matters where you make squads with very particular requirements and expertise such as instanced content (strikes, fractals, raids to a lesser extend dungeons) theres prob a handful of commanders throughout the entire game that are waiting for gear check to pseudo gatekeep ppl out of the game, hell in ow you arent even required to be in the tag to partake, just follow it.

Every meta that players care about has multiple commanders and instances if one of them ends up being a prick block and try the next lfg post.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Now we're talking hyptheticals and scenarios that most likely will never happen.

But for the sake of argument consider this: If someone wants to open a squad, lists their requirements for joining (gear, fashion or otherwise) and a player does not meet those requirements, I see no issue with the commander kicking that player. If I want to run a shadow behemoth and only want people in full legendary, transmog to chainmail in brown with giver stats, i take the time to inspect every player who joins (assuming that feature was a thing), then i have every right to do that. In the end, you can kick anyone from your squad without any explanation if that is what you want to do. People may not like it, you may get flamed for it but it is not illegal. The person who runs the squad can decide how they want to do it. And the people who join either agree to their terms or they don't and leave. And that's that. 

• Confused 2

18 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Don't pour cold water on the annual Randulf cosplay convention so quickly...

To those who took me seriously, I have returned your unexpected, albeit generous mail donation of gold 😂

I will of course be funding it through unofficial Black Lion sponorship 😉

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3